MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
reyneo

MAS 737-800 routes

Something that I think is related. MH will need to downsize on the route.

AirAsia to fly KL-Dhaka from March 12

KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 11 – Low-cost carrier AirAsia Bhd will start flying a daily Kuala Lumpur-Dhaka service from March 12, the airline said today.

To mark the introduction of the new route, AirAsia is offering fares from as low as RM99 (US$29) for a one-way flight, excluding airport tax and administrative fees. This exquisite promotion is available online via AirAsia’s website at www.airasia.com.

Booking is open from Feb 9 to Feb 15 for travel between March 12 and Jan 31, 2010, it said in a statement.

The flight to Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh and the country’s largest city, will be at 2.10pm, while from Dhaka to Kuala Lumpur is at 4.45pm.

It is the centre of the nation’s industrial, commercial, cultural, educational and political activities.

Among the major historical attractions are the National Museum, Lalbagh Fort, an Armenian Church and the Star Mosque. – Bernama

If the A330 gets too big for the route, the B738 can always cover for them.

Yes, effective 16FEB09, the following PEN-KUL sectors have been flight-planned as B738:

MH1145 PEN-KUL STD: 1200h Mon/Tue

MH1149 PEN-KUL STD: 1520h Mon/Tue

MH1157 PEN-KUL STD: 1840h Mon/Tue

Don't ask me why it's only for Mondays and Tuesdays!

Call Mas Call-center and was told no such aircraft on that day. Dunno maybe not in their system yet.

Just to share a few more changes of schedule involving the B738, as told by a MH informer:

KUL-TPE-KUL 2 weekly B738

KUL-DRW-KUL 4 weekly B738 beginning 16 June 2009

KUL-DXB-IST-DXB-KUL change to A333 from A332 (capacity increase, but from PTV to no PTV in EYCL)

KUL-CAN-KUL change to A332

PEN-MES-PEN will be suspended

Just to share a few more changes of schedule involving the B738, as told by a MH informer:

KUL-DRW-KUL 4 weekly B738 beginning 16 June 2009

KUL-DXB-IST-DXB-KUL change to A333 from A332 (capacity increase, but from PTV to no PTV in EYCL)

KUL-CAN-KUL change to A332

PEN-MES-PEN will be suspended

I believe PEN-MES-PEN is now operated by FY. Unlike the old days, the load has been quite bad for the last one year or so; the ATR will be more economical / practical for the route.

KUL-TPE-KUL: is that a direct flight? MH still operate the KUL-BKI-TPE with the B734 daily.

Saw today's KUL arrival in KLIA website, flight MH1447 from Langkawi STD 1330 is using B738.

Good to see MAS's 738 flying to PEN & LGK rather than staying in the hanger.

Anyone out there caught her in actions yet ?

KUL-TPE-KUL: is that a direct flight?

Yes, MH 366 every Tue and Thu.

I just perused the new timetable and found that in addition to my earlier post, KUL-DXB-BEY-DXB-KUL is also changed to A333 from A332. All 7 weekly flights to DXB now (either via KHI, continuing on to BEY or IST) will be on the A333. Can't believe that the A333 is being deployed to destinations as far as IST, BEY and JED. Bad news for EYCL pax. Is MH getting rid of the A332s?

Others:

KUL-ARN-EWR back to 3 weekly

KUL-TPE-LAX 3 weekly

New KUL-SDK direct nonstop

New KUL-TWU direct nonstop

The new MH timetable 29 March - 24 October 2009 http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/uploads/en...le-March-09.pdf

Is this meaning KUL-BKI-TPE-BKI-KUL?? What fligth number is that? If it is MH068 & MH 069, it shall be a good news for BKI. Too bad, the plane was a few months back otherwise i may have a chance to experience on board .....

And they are using the new B738 for KUL - TWU! :angry:

And they are using the new B738 for KUL - TWU! :angry:

Come on, Waiping ;) KUL-TWU and KUL-SDK are the longest domestic routes.

You guys in BKI get the widebodies and we hardly get anything nice. :D

Others:

New KUL-SDK direct nonstop

New KUL-TWU direct nonstop

Guys, I think there is a misunderstanding. These 2 newest longest domestic routes will be served by the B734, not the B738, for the time being, based on the new timetable.

Saw today's KUL arrival in KLIA website, flight MH1447 from Langkawi STD 1330 is using B738.

Good to see MAS's 738 flying to PEN & LGK rather than staying in the hanger.

Anyone out there caught her in actions yet ?

Flightstats shows that MH1140 to PEN will use 738. I waited for that plane's arrival by looking out the window but the usual 734 showed up 5minutes before the STA

Flightstats shows that MH1140 to PEN will use 738. I waited for that plane's arrival by looking out the window but the usual 734 showed up 5minutes before the STA

same case like ysterday at KUL :p

I was told my one of the cabin crew that the leased B738 GCC seat is like the economy class.....anyone can verify?

If that is the case, there are gonna be a lot of pissed off premium passengers. While it is normal in Europe, it will not go down well here. A friend who booked on-line to DPS in March, was given a B737-800 seat plan to pre-book his seat.

Edited by Alan B.

I was told my one of the cabin crew that the leased B738 GCC seat is like the economy class.....anyone can verify?

If that is the case, there are gonna be a lot of pissed off premium passengers. While it is normal in Europe, it will not go down well here. A friend who booked on-line to DPS in March, was given a B737-800 seat plan to pre-book his seat.

The first three planes does not belong to MH, its just leased in and its all in EY config.

Any idea how are they going to configure the 738 when they receive the first one next year from directly Boeing ? I remembered Azizul said it will have GCC-16 and EY-150. I believe he got the information from Wikipedia ? Anyways, i went to Wikipedia just now and it shows MAS 738 will have only 152 seats (GCC-16 and EY-136).

Any idea how are they going to configure the 738 when they receive the first one next year from directly Boeing ? I remembered Azizul said it will have GCC-16 and EY-150. I believe he got the information from Wikipedia ? Anyways, i went to Wikipedia just now and it shows MAS 738 will have only 152 seats (GCC-16 and EY-136).

No, the info was passed on to me by an insider from MH.

I saw this in the Observation Hill subforum:

Indeed there are two XL here in SZB.. First one was G-XLAG.. 2nd was G-XLAO (9M-MLC).. MLC still under G regn.. still not register to 9M yet..

The interior will be a single class config with a grey leather seat. Drop down LCD monitor available for every three row of seats..

16022009165_resize.jpg

For these 3 leased B738s, maybe they'll do it the 'European' style? The first 4 rows will be reserved for Business Class passengers, and the middle seat on these 4 rows will be blocked.