MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
reyneo

MAS 737-800 routes

Is ANA's Business Jet still flying? I understand it's a B737 configured completely as business class. Can MH do that? Maybe 1 business class flight from each state capital to KLIA per day.

Bro, read the MOU. We are entitled to First Class, or otherwise the best available.

During my cargo days, I was a regular on 744, 777 and 330 First class. So much paxing...

I'm yet to try our first class seat....sob...sob..Hopefuly got chance paxing on jumbo.

Is ANA's Business Jet still flying? I understand it's a B737 configured completely as business class. Can MH do that? Maybe 1 business class flight from each state capital to KLIA per day.

NRT/BOM was operated using the ANA 73G Business Jet in all Biz configuration but that route was canned a while ago. ANA is also flying the 73G Business Jet between NRT/CAN if i'm not mistaken.

Believe MH is ill effort to alienate high yield J class pax, just hope the operation department won’t send these aircraft to regional routes like SIN, BKK, CGK, etc else MH J class will only patronized by gomen servants and GLC.

:drinks:

The seat looks like its snatched from AK hehe.

Thanks Capt for the pic. Do you have any ideas on what the responses are towards the aircraft, esp from premium customers

Do you have any ideas on what the responses are towards the aircraft, esp from premium customers

Amongst others:

"Did MH borrow this plane from AK?"

"Have I grown fatter or are the seats narrower than my last flight in J?"

"MH took all my $$$$$ and I got the same seat as the folks back there who paid just $."

"MH is now 2-star in J-class"

Btw, do you know if Air Koryo has better seats in J?

I happened to talk to a friend of mine who is the LS of MH when he was BKI few days ago, according to him, MH receives lots of complaint from premium fare passengers simply because of the configuration on the GCC. Another thing he raised out is that the aircraft galley isnt as user friendly as the existing MH B734.....

Edited by Kenneth T

Amongst others:

"Did MH borrow this plane from AK?"

"Have I grown fatter or are the seats narrower than my last flight in J?"

"MH took all my $$$$$ and I got the same seat as the folks back there who paid just $."

"MH is now 2-star in J-class"

Btw, do you know if Air Koryo has better seats in J?

and:

" Now we know how bad MH is. MH is Malaysian Hospital"

" I will kill my secretary for screwing up my booking"

"Whats next? Paid-per-use toilets onboard?"

"Cool now we have 2 LCC in this country". It has to be twin.. twin tower, twin airport..

My friend told me this leased B738 doesnt even have a coat hooker.....

If that's true, then MH probably got this plane on very cheap rates...more signs that the accountant is running the show, with Flight Ops and Customer Service having to clean the mess and deal with (premium pax!) customer complaints.

Talk about lack of foresight!

The MH management must really think that their J customers are blind and/or stupid.

Earlier on, they ruffled the feathers of Y pax with the 90%-approved nonsense healthy finger "sandwic" snekboxes. Now, it is the turn of selective unfortunate J pax!

Passengers with coat will just have to store it in the overhead compartment.....well, i wont be surprise at all if this aircraft was previously utilised as a low cost airlines..

Passengers with coat will just have to store it in the overhead compartment.....well, i wont be surprise at all if this aircraft was previously utilised as a low cost airlines..

Did some search in seatguru but only did A - C search : the 738 used by Air Berlin and China Airlines consist of 31 rows. Air India Express has 32 rows. All one seat configuration. This MH bird has 33 rows.. the longest, biggest, whatever-gest. Malaysian Book of Records contender? I think I need to revise my estimate re: seat pitch. I thought it was 31' but now feel it is 29' or 30'.

Looks like LCC, smells like LCC, it IS a LCC!

Edited by V Wong

MH is having the monopoly in domestic J. Most domestic J class pax are from GLC and local PLC who are perfectly price inelastic, who will travel on MH J irregardless of ticket price or to certain extend service level. In theory and practice, MH can milk this sector until complaints from tan sri and datuks.

kenneth: it IS from a LCC airline. the three 738s are ex-XL from europe.

My friends flight yesterday to DPS was scheduled to be operated by the 800 series but instead the super colourful 400 was used. Any idea why?

My friends flight yesterday to DPS was scheduled to be operated by the 800 series but instead the super colourful 400 was used. Any idea why?

I would like to think that "they" - MH management - finally "got it", and have sent the bird to the hangars to rip out those dreadful seats.

I would like to think that "they" - MH management - finally "got it", and have sent the bird to the hangars to rip out those dreadful seats.

I certainly hope so otherwise why bother flying MH if they feels the same as AK?

MH is having the monopoly in domestic J. Most domestic J class pax are from GLC and local PLC who are perfectly price inelastic, who will travel on MH J irregardless of ticket price or to certain extend service level. In theory and practice, MH can milk this sector until complaints from tan sri and datuks.

Needless to say, some of the senior government personnel, Datuk and etc are travelling GCC not at theirs' own expense....that makes it price inelastic in whatever circusmstances..

Heard that since its leased, they can't change the config.

Where did you hear that nonsense?

Config is something that can be negotiated on as part of the lease arrangement, especially if MH places some degree of importance (obviously not in this case) on the matter. Thus, if config cannot be changed and the leased aircraft was to be part of MH fleet for, say, three years AND MH would like to maintain a certain level of comfort and prestige for its J service, and by extension, its brand equity, then it would not be a done deal. Simple as that.

It is not as if MH wanted the leased 738 to come with three engines or an extra pair of main cabin doors.

Believe it doesn’t cost a lot of money for MH to replace those EY seat with J seats and certainly is a lot cheaper than potential loss of business from unhappy J pax and ‘service recovery’ over the lease period.

May be IJ&co are using these lease birds to test the reaction of J pax. If J pax don’t complain too much, similar seat configuration will be installed on MH own 738. This one class seating is giving lower CASM and the flexibility to maximize revenue from both and J and EY seats e.g. if J booking is low, MH can sell more EY seat by moving the curtain forward and v.v.