MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
T Azahan

Sultan Mahmud Airport - Kuala Terengganu

Really love the gerai picture, Azahan: typical Malaysian style - miss it biggrin.gif

So close, So Crisp, must be SO damn loud too haha.. biggrin.gif Nick, Delwin, OUr WBGG St.Marteen no air onelah.. sudah kering nampaknya. haha.. Too bad blink.gif

Even more gerai sprouting up since I went there last. All the better for fresh seafood fritters.

Pieter, come here and saviour some of the east coast's finest cuisine, especially during these cool months of the monsoon season. Very refreshing experience.

Rozhan,

Might do that, actually !!!

You show me around the airport and gerai ? Would love to try the sea-foods as well: NEVER been to the East-coast of the Peninsula mellow.gif

How many flights a day there ?

Thanks YiHao,

Plenty of time in between flights to sample the fish at the gerai there, I guess wink.gif

I'm not from Terengganu actually Pieter, but I love going there for its serene environment, and the long and deserted beaches far, far away from hectic KL. I believe Azahan and TK are the best crew here who knows TGG very well, and one can enjoy the natural beauty of the countryside, boat building industry, handicrafts, and of course fabulous food unlike anywhere else. If you do get to come, I can join you up in TGG with Azahan or TK as our guide, eh guys? smile.gif I think MW can also organize a get-together there.

Around May or June is the squid catching season. Hop on a fishing boat and join in the fun.

Terengganu is famous for its turtle landings and a lot of conservation efforts have been made to protect them. Tagging and tracking sattelites have shown that these turtles go as far away as the Pacific Ocean but always return to the sands of Rantau Abang in Terengganu to lay their eggs. But somehow their numbers have dwindled in recent years for reasons unknown.

MAS flies to TGG 4x daily on the B737.

Edited by Rozhan

pieter,

come over laaa. but we must plan in advance so that TK,Rozhan and I are all in TGG. no worries, airport from my kampung house on 10mins drive. anybody else feel free to join. best thing is to spot then we go for one night trip to redang island.

here in the evening, kids and adults go fishing at the airport beach...

user posted image

user posted image

17944[/snapback]

This view remember me when i was study in Dungun, Terengganu... Same beach view, activities... Our common Night Activitiy - "Lompat Pagar" and lepak at the beach for rokok before been chasing by warden tongue.gif tongue.gif

Hey... put me in if there's MW trip to terengganu...

faizal, what a nostalgia. i always hear nice things from people who have been to TGG.

by the way, here is the nite shot of front half of AK. Sigma at 320mm.

user posted image

Lovely shots Azahan.

I had been to TGG airport once to catch a flight back to KUL 2 years ago. Couldn't remember there's a beach near the airport. wink.gif

I like the photo with the pakcik riding the bicycle. How nice if I don't have to look into those things mentioned by Azahan in that photo. laugh.gif

Time to find myself a bicycle ? But it will take a Loooooong time for me to reach KLIA from my house for spotting. mad.gif

you should come again chaity. 2 years is too long ago. about time to go to TGG again.

17953[/snapback]

Yeap! A MW meet in TGG should be nice.

Riding a bicycle, hearing the makcik telling aviation tales..... laugh.gif

this is the gerai. the culprit that mentioned to me 'er asiya tujoh pak tujoh' is on the right end, making 'teh tarik bungkus for me'. darn, the tea was too sweet!

user posted image

17874[/snapback]

I saw something on the background..

Is that VOR or DME or something ????

the white white wan... laugh.gif

Waoo.. Nice Night Shoot From TGG. The Stair Lorry Make MH Loosing Money Right ??? wacko.gif

Sign in to follow this