MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Georg Burdicek

MH 94 / MH 95

I am looking for a flight from LAX to KUL in December, and I searched MH webpage.

It's very interesting to see in the booking form the following:

Air segment details

Flight: Malaysia Airlines MH95

Operated by: Air India

To: Kuala Lumpur International Airport

Number of stops: 1

Depart: Thu, 11 Dec, 23:25

Arrive: Sat, 13 Dec, 12:15

Aircraft: Boeing 747-400

Smoking allowed: No

same for MH94.

I was quite surprise to see this, and checked with the online timetable, and surprise surprise, it says that MH94/95 is operated by Malaysian Airlines.

So....now, what's the truth?

Georg

I guess there are several mistakes on MH website, I mean the newly "renovated" website.

There was a similar case involving flights to BNE stating KL operated the flights, unless we

are all not aware of the new services by MH' code share partners.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

it says on bne airport mh operating <_<

I guess there are several mistakes on MH website, I mean the newly "renovated" website.

There was a similar case involving flights to BNE stating KL operated the flights, unless we

are all not aware of the new services by MH' code share partners.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

even adelaide sydney melbourne and perth operated by kl :blink:

MH 094/095 is a MH-operated flight codesharing with Air India.

The flight departs LAX for TPE before heading to KUL. Pax for AI will connect in KUL to any Indian-bound flights.

I am a frequent flier of MH 94/95.

even adelaide sydney melbourne and perth operated by kl :blink:

KLM code-shares on MAS between KUL and Australia, ever since KLM stopped flying into "DownUnder"...

So, guess, same situation as Air India on the LAx flights...

Same thing: since GA has been banned from EU, they code-share on MH flights to various destinations in Europe, amongst them AMS...

Just wanted to share last time from HKG back to BKI was onboard a over-booked MH/KA code-share operated by MH. So my wife and her friend got promoted to Business class, and myself along with my bro ended up in economy.

I noticed that. But can you collect Enrich miles with a ticket issued by AI?

Georg

Nope, you can’t collect Enrich points on AI issued ticket.

Enrich points is worth about RM0.10 per miles. On L/V/S ticket, you get only 30% of miles flown. When you redeemed for ticket, you need to pay for surcharge, etc making Enrich not worth collecting.

:drinks:

KUL/LAX sector ticket issued by Air India is much cheaper than MH most of the time.

Same with KUL-NRT. My sis bought it via ANA last year and it was RM300 cheaper than MAS.

Why tickets issued by codeshare partners are cheaper?? :o :o :o

Same with KUL-NRT. My sis bought it via ANA last year and it was RM300 cheaper than MAS.

Why tickets issued by codeshare partners are cheaper?? :o :o :o

Codeshare agreement can either be fixed inventory (codeshare partner bought a number of seats on the codeshare flight) or shared revenue.

Believe AI, ANA and VS (previously) codeshare agreement with MH is fixed inventory. Very often these inventory is not fully sold hence tend to be cheaper during off peak season.

Believe TG codeshare with MH (e.g. on KUL/BKK) is shared revenue and ticket is generally more expensive on codeshare partner operate flight.

Code Share. Flying MH plane under AI. Cheaper fare. Khor took the same flight a few months ago.

Yes, Absolutely right. AI give out cheaper fare, if compare to MH about USD200-USD300 cheaper.

Yes, Absolutely right. AI give out cheaper fare, if compare to MH about USD200-USD300 cheaper.

Did this cheaper fare only available during certain season or it available all the year.. 200 to 300 USDollar or equivalent to MYR 660 or 990 is huge different here..Emm may I ask, if I would like to purchase this AI ticket flight but operate by MAS, where did I need to search??On MAS website or AI??Since at MAS website showing "operate by AI", did the fare same??

Thanks..

KUL-MNL vv. ticket issued by PR, cheaper around MYR100~200...

Did this cheaper fare only available during certain season or it available all the year.. 200 to 300 USDollar or equivalent to MYR 660 or 990 is huge different here..

KUL-TPE-LAX MH95/94 issued by

Air India:

$743 + $471 taxes & fees = $1,214 per person

Malaysia Airlines:

$965 + $631 taxes & fees = $1,596 per person

peak season, same flight, same day but different ticket issuer-price difference: USD328 :rolleyes:

I also notice that AI's price ticket is fixed overtime while MH keeps changing overtime due to season, availability etc.

Edited by Seth K

wow..thanks Seth for this info..

It really a different here..I never know that joint venture airline can give better offer..

Emm let say I fly with MAS to Tokyo and after that i need to go other destination which MAS and ANA having code-share but operate by ANA,it the fare with ANA or MAS much cheaper..Note that this just an example..I just want to know that if MAS fare also go cheap if we get board with MAS code-share partner??Anybody try it before, kindly please share.. :) :)

Thanks..

Sign in to follow this