MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Chan CS

Maswings F50 incident

I saw the said aircraft that day in SBW. They managed to get the front landing gear out already, but there are cushions underneath the aircraft. Didn't manage to get any pictures, sorry. :(

Alright, thanks Fitri! At least we can see that she is still sitting in SBW...

wow ... for me the first pic looks scary ..... anyway , appreciate the pictures from u loke :good: , working there ??

Wow Thanks Loke for these exclusive pictures. It is quite badly damage on -MGJ, hope she can fly again....

Fuih, first class pictures! Thanks for the coverage! Looking at the plane still intact but the frame on top of the aircraft just behind the cockpit seems visible. Maybe just the paint job or structural damage?

Can la... just superficial damage only...

when an incident of this extent happens, it's always deemed that "oh it's superficial", "oh surface only"..

actually there are loads of inspections, tests, and checks that have to be carried out one after another before they declare the aircraft airworthy again.

Thanks for sharing the pictures! That's what being a member of "Malaysia's Premier Aviation Enthusiast Community" is all about.

You don't just tell you have it, you share it. Hahhahahahah..... Meor, jangan langgar aku...!

BTW, I feel sorry for the Lady. She looks quite badly hurt.

Thanks for sharing the pictures! That's what being a member of "Malaysia's Premier Aviation Enthusiast Community" is all about.

You don't just tell you have it, you share it. Hahhahahahah..... Meor, jangan langgar aku...!

BTW, I feel sorry for the Lady. She looks quite badly hurt.

Meor, langgar saja Ewan hehe.. but after u show the pics lah ehhe.. tapi... jangan pulak langgar saya next ok (but dont ram me after that!)

Fuuyoh.. really first class journalism pics showing structural damages.. and just after crash scene.. If angles were taken correctly.. it might have made A.net top for a week long!!

Its repairable it seems. will be a long MC for this poor dutch lady :pardon:

The upper fuselage skin seems to be buckling due to stressed, the nose gear door has been disconnected from the gear, the damage isn't that severe especially the wiring not affected. MGJ is one of the youngest f50 in the fleet before mgk.

I dont recall hearing news from the star, tv123? I think they are covering up as much as they could., but for the local papers... they cant do much to stop them rite :pardon:

Cover up.....? You crack me up. MH/Maswings just cannot run to the mainstream Media and beg them not to talk about the story. MH is not the local Press darling. You should know that by now.

Cover up.....? You crack me up. MH/Maswings just cannot run to the mainstream Media and beg them not to talk about the story. MH is not the local Press darling. You should know that by now.

Hehe, Captain, off course we all know mh/MAswings/FY is not the press.. , just that it seems the press may have known of the incident but somehow made the decision not to publish or having it on the news screen. For whatever reason.. i think we all should know.. though its for the good of MH/Maswings though..

Hehe, Captain, off course we all know mh/MAswings/FY is not the press.. , just that it seems the press may have known of the incident but somehow made the decision not to publish or having it on the news screen. For whatever reason.. i think we all should know.. though its for the good of MH/Maswings though..

It is a mystery to me why its not reported and published by both mainstream print and electronic media. Its newsworthy, of public interest and sensational.

Imagine...

MASWINGS PLANE IN EMERGENCY LANDING DRAMA

A Maswings F50 carrying xx passengers was involved in an emergency landing when the landing gear failed upon landing etc etc etc. Mr X, who was a passenger said bla bla bla...

Maswings spokesman said bla bla bla

PICTURE...

It deserves at least a sidebar on the front page. The mainstream press must have somehow been caught sleeping on this one. Or maybe they think its not newsworthy.....for whatever reason. But definitely protecting MAS/Maswings was not he agenda of the day, nor its because MH/Maswings pursuaded them not to report or print it. Afterall, there's NTV7, 8TV, RTM and Media Prima to muzzle.

From my experience with the Media is that we do pursuade them to play up good news ( we learn from the Masterful Red One )but when we tell them not to print bad news, we normally will trigger suspicion and make the press all the more determined to dig further and give the report more prominence so we never do it as it will be counterproductive.

Edited by Nik H.

It must be they have much juicier bits to dig up post March 8th !

Remember times when a flat tyre somewhere would have triggered near mass hysteria in the local press ? :)

Nowadays it seem tail strikes and nose gear up landings go by without a mention

Good thing though is that the politicians are way too busy misrealigning, realigning and disaligning their alegiances to spare time to grace us with yet more of their (mostly) ill judged declarations and demands :)

eg. now that equipment is in place and engineering personnel have had hands on experience, it's time to establish SBW as the regional repair and maintenance hub ;)

when an incident of this extent happens, it's always deemed that "oh it's superficial", "oh surface only"..

actually there are loads of inspections, tests, and checks that have to be carried out one after another before they declare the aircraft airworthy again.

I never said that no tests/inspections are required, did I?

I don't think its cover up. Probably there's no publicity. With a lot of things currently going on in Malaysia, this kind of news just doesn't fit in. People rather have that column replace with extra sudoku. :pardon:

Micheal,Which area did you take this photo from? Open field that facing the gate 4 area ka?

Looks like the a/c still under repairs.

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby