MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Chan CS

Maswings F50 incident

That a/c still in gate 4 ka? If time permits,i'll try my best to go to the airport tommorow.

Is it front-wheel-absent landing or completely belly landing? I wonder where the propellers go with a belly landing...

I believe it's a front-wheel-absent landing, a completely belly landing will be much more devastating...

I believe it's a front-wheel-absent landing, a completely belly landing will be much more devastating...

Either or both Main Landing gears absent is also as devastating because of the propellers. (Refer SAS Q400 Incident)

Either or both Main Landing gears absent is also as devastating because of the propellers. (Refer SAS Q400 Incident)

Luckily it's high enough to avoid the propeller having contact with the ground. Damn, it must be scary.

The Nose Gear is just couldn't extend even with normal and alternate extension. Previously MGG had the same case where its one of the main landing gear collasped few years back.

its in borneo post today..

nothing beat MW when it come to news related with plane..

according to borneo,

-landed without nose gear.

-all safe, two women are shock and taken to the hospital.

-investigator looking for the lost nose wheel. it is believe to have been stolen by an arena driver. :rofl:

Aiyar shut up lah guys.... not always do i get nose gear for free u know.. :rofl: Ssshhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Sung, u mean to say that before such incidents occur before involving Golf Golf? with the main landing gear? wow.. that would be a bad incident wouldnt it? full belly landing? sure berkecailah the props??!! :blink:

I think the incident was cover up by the authorities.

That incident happened back in 1992 where the left main gear collasped and veered off the runway. I've seen the photos of the incident when I was in fokker line mas hangar 1. When the incident happened, the mas rescue came over and straight away painted the mas logo in white so no one will notice what airline it was. That's cool. ^_^

Very clever... thats what i dont like about our govt.. never transparent... <_>

Plan to go to the airport to see it by myself,but the weather is against it...Then rain pouring down heavily <_>

I don't think there is any cover up, since local newspapers have it published.

I dont recall hearing news from the star, tv123? I think they are covering up as much as they could., but for the local papers... they cant do much to stop them rite :pardon:

I dont recall hearing news from the star, tv123? I think they are covering up as much as they could., but for the local papers... they cant do much to stop them rite :pardon:

You got a point there. Oh well... They forgot to stop MW then! Haha... :lol:

Mwings the best in Aviation news.. haha... all wallaped from other sources sometimes , but mostly whenever possible with be first hand account

The news got edited out and being replaced by "Fuel Price Expected to Increase in August." :(

At least the plane still in 1 piece. Can still fly, right?

That incident happened back in 1992 where the left main gear collasped and veered off the runway. I've seen the photos of the incident when I was in fokker line mas hangar 1. When the incident happened, the mas rescue came over and straight away painted the mas logo in white so no one will notice what airline it was. That's cool. ^_^

Well maybe this time AK staff will take the part and paint it red. :D

Currently they are waiting equipments such as jacks from BKI by road. Sad case.

by road? if not mistaken it need around 14 hours to arrive right?

Yes, it's still can fly. But you still have to rectify the nose gear and assest the damage first. By doing so, you require jacks to jack the whole aircraft up to carry out further inspections. The nose gear assembly is right in front of the forward pressure bulkhead. So, if during the belly landing has scrapped the forward bulkhead, I doubt it can fly anymore and requires to do repair insitu.