MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Benjamin Ho

Airliners.Net New Look

Anyway, is it me or A.net has not been updating for the past few days already?

On 6 October, there was a message saying that they were upgrading the server. However, until today the website did not performed to its fullest. I didn't updated the Malaysian Aviation Thread 6 since 5 October.

A.net is moving and upgrading their server, and so far has encountered major problems.

Photo uploading was sporadic. For the past week I've able to upload only on 2 occasion: on the 5th and early this morning. Photos were not screened for a few days; I think they're starting to add photos now. However the counter is still not working therefore some new additions are showing 0 hits.

I expect a few more days before they're back to normal.

A.net is moving their server from Europe to California, USA as a result of acquisition by a US www company.

Looks like A.Net has done quite a massive cosmetic change to its website. Any plan on MW side?

Check it out at www.airliners.net

I agree with you,Azizul.I was suprised to see the new look of A.net.

Gavin,any plan ka?

It looked so cheapo!

Agree with you, Ryan, the old version was a lot better... :angry:

at least the photo database/gallery section they put at the homepage...rather than just need to enter the page and view the photos...

no plans for anything in mwings at the moment . we're just sailing with the wind currently

the new a.net looks like crap

noticed when i clicked a link in the szb movements thread earlier

Look like A.net too had caught up with the Vista/OS X look and scheme. Homepage is totally a mess with big small font & numerous panels! :bad:

I personally feel that MW has got things right on as it is for the moment.

Keep up the good work, Gavin.....

Yesterday, we can choose the layout to be flashed in 5 colours; blue, green, red, grey and purple.

As of now, only 4 colours are available; blue, grey, purple and classic.

I wonder if they initiated this after being inspired by MH's smarties colours new seats?

Still, I prefer classic colour. Maybe too comfortable with the old layout. And still adjusting myself to the new layout. Still looks a bit messy to me. Maybe I'm (and most of us here) still too accustomed to the old layout and it is in our human nature to react on to something new than the one we felt comfortable and easy with... Software/system developers are well taught on this issue. It's the "Legacy" thingy, me thinks. Some may accept, some may need to adjust to accept, some may complain (like most of us here ehehee), some may detest completely. eventually, everybody will have comform with it. Only time will tell... la lalala la la....

well I for one am not going to comply. I dont know if others have been having trouble with the "new look" a.net this morning I went on there to do a search for Shoreham and then went to change the search to Popham and it still brought up shoreham although the URL read Popham

I dunno whatever happened to if it aint broke dont fix it.....

Apparently Airliners.Net has switched back to its former layout - sort of. The menacing Boeing 747, which was 'belittled' at the top left corner earlier on, has been reinstated back to its former size and position.

But still with the heavy, a little cluttered layout... quite slow for my office's 8+ year-old pc :( . yeah, 8+ years and still going... stingy boss! :angry:

Are you the thread starter?

Hope you keep it up and running. I like to read the opinions of less negative people from all around the world ;)