MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

AirAsia X to Lease A343s

AirAsia X To Finalise Leasing Of Another A340 By End-march

AirAsia X, also aims to expand into to Central and Eastern Europe, said Azran.

"Countries like Russia and Poland are emerging markets, it will be interesting to tap into it," he said, adding that, Germany and Italy could also be attractive destinations.

If they can do that right, it could be a real money spinner.

There are big Eastern European communities in Australia and New Zealand. A lot of Poles, Croatians, Bosnians, Macedonians, Serbs amongst others. Not to mention the Southern Europeans, the Greeks and Italian communities. Melbourne is home to the largest greek community outside of Greece.

MAS tried to do this with flights to ZAG, stopping at VIE, trying to capture the diaspora market, but unfortunately couldn't manage to make it work, unlike their flights to Beirut, filled with Australian Lebanese making trips back to their homeland.

The Eastern Europeans are a price sensitive group like most diaspora communities, this might do well with AirAsiaX, because usually they've been going the way of star alliance not MH, via BKK or SIN and connecting at VIE or FRA onwards.

I saw the D7 ad in the newspaper yesterday.

Did Bob T.Y. Lee sold his picture to D7? They looks similar.

Haven't seen that ad as I was reading news via WWW. :rolleyes:

Can someone take quick scan or take a shot of the ad ?

I am not surprise if someone just plug the photo from Anet and use. :finger:

This sounded so familiar =@ :diablo:

heard that the next A340 would be coming from up north - HK! :blink: :blink:

HK? former CX A340 perhaps??

Haven't seen that ad as I was reading news via WWW. :rolleyes:

Can someone take quick scan or take a shot of the ad ?

I am not surprise if someone just plug the photo from Anet and use. :finger:

This sounded so familiar =@ :diablo:

It Happen again. ~? :finger:

Edited by Ibrahim

With -XAA still out, D7 are wet leasing planes again. D72716/2717 today is opb MK A343 3B-NAU.

Caught this yesterday parked at the LCCT as my plane was taxing to the terminal.

DSC_1843.jpg

Edited by Alan B.

Is that Air Mauritius A343 will be the rumoured second A343 for D7? Or it will be returned back once 9M-XAA return into the active fleet? I thought the second A343 will be from Air Canada too (C-DGVZ).

Wow! I am surprised and it does make sense. So the next 'pit stop' is Ciampino in Rome?! (I don't think they'll go for Fiumicino Leornado Da Vinci in keeping with the LCC tradition)

Hmmm, i don´t think we will see another european route this year ...

And ... Italy ??? I know it´s on D7´s agenda but surely not on top of the list !

I´d rather see D7 going to Cologne maybe next spring ( depending on whether they can aquire enough aircraft or not ! - remember firstly they will increase STN to a daily service which means they need 2 aircraft just for this route !!!)

Has XAA got the new Cabin refig yet?

It will be back today and its cabin will have the same seats as XXA and XXB. D7 launches new Tianjin route next week. (2 April).

Caught this yesterday parked at the LCCT as my plane was taxing to the terminal.

DSC_1843.jpg

Is that Air Mauritius A343 will be the rumoured second A343 for D7? Or it will be returned back once 9M-XAA return into the active fleet? I thought the second A343 will be from Air Canada too (C-DGVZ).

Wet-lease only to cover maintenance.

Just a confirmation news that the second A343 will be from AC as well.

Bernama.com

March 27, 2009 16:16 PM

Airasia X Eyes US Market By Year-end

SEPANG, March 27 (Bernama) -- AirAsia X, the low-cost long-haul carrier, is eyeing the US market by year-end following its successful launch of the Kuala Lumpur-London route, chief executive officer Azran Osman Rani said today.

"There has been a lot of interest from the John F. Kennedy International Airport (in New York) and airports in California have also contacted us," he said.

Azran said the US airport operators realised that the air-travel traffic growth was coming from Asia and the premium airlines were also cutting back on their capacity to the West Coast and East Coast of the United States.

AirAsia X, which has already finalised the leasing of its second A340-300 from Air Canada, will either fly the Kuala Lumpur-Los Angeles route or Kuala Lumpur-London-New York route, he told reporters after AirAsia Academy's graduation ceremony here.

"If we have one plane, at most we can do is five times a week to Los Angeles. The challenge is to secure the rights from the governments," he said, adding that this would be a new market for AirAsia X.

On the Middle East, Azran said the possibility of the airline flying there could also materialise within this year.

-- BERNAMA

http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v5/news_lite.php?id=399578

Just a heads up, Air Asia's X 2nd A340 is reported to be in Singapore getting a new one of a kind outfit and i'm guessing maintainance as well. Should be out soon. No idea on the dates tho. Keep a good lookout.

Copied from the Anjung Tinjau thread, D7's second's leased A343 from Air Canada is on it's way.

Again, copied from the Observation Hill subforum, D7's 2nd A343, painted in Oakland Raiders colour, a professional American football team based in Oakland, California, USA; was spotted in SIN.

IMG_8775a.jpg

wondered why they never repaint the belly also, leaving the AC's Green and Red Engine is so UNCOOL!