MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

AirAsia X to Lease A343s

am sure AA X will rerconfigure the 2 leased A343s into 2 Class with maximum seats in EY and have IFE as it charges for usgae - just like as in its onwed A330s.

am sure AA X will rerconfigure the 2 leased A343s into 2 Class with maximum seats in EY and have IFE as it charges for usgae - just like as in its onwed A330s.

Yes it will, but reconfiguration is next year. THis year, they will use portable IFE with the current seat

Yes it will, but reconfiguration is next year. THis year, they will use portable IFE with minor alteration to the seat. The seat configuration when booking on airasia website is 2-4-2 (economy) and 2-2-2 (business), which is the same as the current AirCanada A340 leased aircraft (shown by azizul above). I believe next year, it will be even more packed seats. (can they do 3-4-3??)

If i'm not mistaken , departure is on the 3rd .

Negative. Now, apparently the ETA for Alpha Bravo is scheduled to be on Friday, 6 February 2009. Masa tidak diketahui. :mellow:

Received following from James-Stansted:

9M-XAB A340-300 Air Asia landed Stansted 21:52 hrs 04/02/2009; parking stand A15 (registration as callsign) ... ex C-GDVW...

So, it's enroute, guys !!! :yahoo:

9M-XAB A340-300 Air Asia landed Stansted 21:52 hrs 04/02/2009; parking stand A15 (registration as callsign) ... ex C-GDVW...

So this is the puppy taking me to STN next May 12! :D

Negative. Now, apparently the ETA for Alpha Bravo is scheduled to be on Friday, 6 February 2009. Masa tidak diketahui. :mellow:

Naim,

This is the puppy in KUL at 1835 just now... all the way from Stansted

9MXAB_6Feb09KUL_9196mw.jpg

Wx was cloudy... :sorry:

ooooh, its here!

My ride to STN in april!

SAE has their own paint shop?

At least the plane has tasted the STN-KUL route before it opens itself to public.

And an unmarked passenger plane is always funny looking in my book :D

This is the puppy in KUL at 1835 just now... all the way from Stansted

Thanks for the pic, Mr N. Now I wonder where seat row #20 is. :)

Very exciting seeing both leased aircrafts, MH's B738 and D7's A343 have safely landed in their new home with their respective new operators, at around the same time - co-incidentally. Malaysian aviation enthusiasts really have a good reason to celebrate.

From the rumoured 2, D7 now wants 5 A343. Germany, France and New Zealand are next after Japan.

Agence France-Presse - 2/12/2009 9:49 AM GMT

AirAsia X wants to lease five A340-300s: CEO

http://news.my.msn.com/regional/article.as...umentid=2474376

Long-haul budget carrier AirAsia X wants to lease up to five Airbus A340-300s so it can fly to new markets in Europe and New Zealand, its chief executive said Thursday. "For the right price, we would like to lease five A340-300s, although they are in tight supply," chief executive Azran Osman Rani told Dow Jones Newswires. "Depending on the availability of the aircraft, we want to move to new markets like Germany, France and New Zealand."

AirAsia X, the long-haul unit of Malaysia's AirAsia Bhd, currently flies to Australia's Gold Coast, Perth and Melbourne, and Hangzhou in China. It will start flying to London next month. The carrier currently has a fleet of three A330s and one longer-range A340.

An affiliate of regional low-cost carrier AirAsia and Virgin Group, AirAsia X was launched in January 2007. AirAsia and AirAsia X have common shareholders, including AirAsia founder and CEO Tony Fernandes. Richard Branson's Virgin Group has taken a 20 percent stake in AirAsia X.

More airlines are opting to lease aircraft than buy them as the global economic downturn puts a squeeze on corporate finances, Singapore-based aircraft leasing firm BOC Aviation said last month. Azran has said previously that he sees "a lot of business opportunities" despite the deteriorating global economy.

AirAsia X said last month it hoped to launch flights to at least three destinations in Japan by year-end.

Getting a bit ambitious aren't they?

Three destinations in Japan - Narita/Haneda, Kansai/Itami, Nagoya Centrair International?

The process for applying visa to Japan is not easy and straight forward (like the visa to PR China). I wonder how many Malaysian will get to fly there for holiday!

Let's see how is response to UK before deciding on other Europe destinations. IMHO Germany maybe a bit difficult because there is a language barrier, plus don't think that many businessman/tourist visit Malaysia.

Let's see how is response to UK before deciding on other Europe destinations. IMHO Germany maybe a bit difficult because there is a language barrier, plus don't think that many businessman/tourist visit Malaysia.

Some resorts in Langkawi have German noticeboards. Achtung bitte!

Getting a bit ambitious aren't they?

Three destinations in Japan - Narita/Haneda, Kansai/Itami, Nagoya Centrair International?

The process for applying visa to Japan is not easy and straight forward (like the visa to PR China). I wonder how many Malaysian will get to fly there for holiday!

Personally i know a few of my friends ( me including :D) that will gladly go though the haggle of the Japan visa.

Imagine, a RM 500 fare ticket to japan, or even a RM 0 ticket to get some awesome tuna at the tsukiji market....

And about New Zeland - Please do Air Asia! Been wanting to go to New Zeland and visit middle earth...

Edited by Sharil Abdul Rahman

Personally i know a few of my friends ( me including :D) that will gladly go though the haggle of the Japan visa.

Imagine, a RM 500 fare ticket to japan, or even a RM 0 ticket to get some awesome tuna at the tsukiji market....

Yes, same here. I love Japan, whatever it takes to get there. After the Saudi visa nightmare, Japan is a cinch.

And about New Zeland - Please do Air Asia! Been wanting to go to New Zeland and visit middle earth...

At the risk of overdosing on Middle Earth. :D

AirAsia X wants to lease five A340-300s:CEO

Long-haul budget carrier AirAsia X wants to lease up to five Airbus A340-300s so it can fly to new markets in Europe and New Zealand, its chief executive said Thursday.

"For the right price, we would like to lease five A340-300s, although they are in tight supply," chief executive Azran Osman Rani told Dow Jones Newswires.

"Depending on the availability of the aircraft, we want to move to new markets like Germany, France and New Zealand."

AirAsia X, the long-haul unit of Malaysia's AirAsia Bhd, currently flies to Australia's Gold Coast, Perth and Melbourne, and Hangzhou in China. It will start flying to London next month.

The carrier currently has a fleet of three A330s and one longer-range A340.

An affiliate of regional low-cost carrier AirAsia and Virgin Group, AirAsia X was launched in January 2007. AirAsia and AirAsia X have common shareholders, including AirAsia founder and CEO Tony Fernandes.

Richard Branson's Virgin Group has taken a 20 percent stake in AirAsia X.

More airlines are opting to lease aircraft than buy them as the global economic downturn puts a squeeze on corporate finances, Singapore-based aircraft leasing firm BOC Aviation said last month.

Azran has said previously that he sees "a lot of business opportunities" despite the deteriorating global economy.

AirAsia X said last month it hoped to launch flights to at least three destinations in Japan by year-end.

Copied from Azran Osman-Rani's post (D7's CEO) from the delivery flight post in AirAsia's Blog as mentioned above:

Xcalibur will also see us pioneering a new standard of seat comfort. As you can see, the XL seats are full business class seats that will provide executive-level comfort for prices comparable to economy fares on other legacy carriers, and a fraction of typical business-class fares. Next year, we’re even looking at replacing these seats with full lie-flat bed seats. Even the economy class seats are the most comfortable in AirAsia’s fleet – with legroom, width and recline comparable to any premium airline.

XL Class (Business)

4.%20DSC03864.JPG

Initially, these seats will not be equipped with in-seat entertainment screens. These will be introduced when we refit the aircraft next year. However, we will be providing portable media players for rent during the long London flights. Wish us well as we keep pushing the envelope and take low-cost travel to new heights! Look out for Xcalibur on its debut flight on London on 11 March.

Economy Class

5.%20DSC03871.JPG