MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

Airbus was to delay MH A380 delivery to 2008/09, as MH is now prefer to take A380 delivery in 2011, compensation by Airbus may be only a token value or none. However, MH may need to pay ‘storage charges’ for equipments ordered e.g. seats, engines, etc.

It is believe wide bodies (787 or A350) order will only announced after IJ’s contract is expired.

:drinks:

Airbus was to delay MH A380 delivery to 2008/09, as MH is now prefer to take A380 delivery in 2011, compensation by Airbus may be only a token value or none. However, MH may need to pay ‘storage charges’ for equipments ordered e.g. seats, engines, etc.

It is believe wide bodies (787 or A350) order will only announced after IJ’s contract is expired.

Where do you get this info? I'm assuming you work for MH? So, in that case, care to enlighten us on which was MH is swinging? 787 or A350's?

:blink: Is he leaving MAS?

Not sure. But a few have indicated that his contract may not be extended at the end of the year. Dato Seri Idris Jala also has named a successor, Tengku Dato' Azmil Zahruddin Raja Abdul Aziz - the current CFO, should he left MH.

Not sure. But a few have indicated that his contract may not be extended at the end of the year. Dato Seri Idris Jala also has named a successor, Tengku Dato' Azmil Zahruddin Raja Abdul Aziz - the current CFO, should he left MH.

Oops... it is getting a bit political :pardon:

But that will only be enforced once the airframes are built,if it hasnt then,the delivery slots will be offered to other airlines and the incumbent slots will be further down the line to a later date.

I believe MH slot has been given to other airlines in return for cash subsititutes or compensation. What i can is MH B747 is currently ageing and outdated by then.

Well, let's see..

Now MH is having 8,instead of 6 A380,and also 55 B737NG.

No Tarmizi. The rumour about 8 A380s for MH didn't materialised (as at today). They proceed with the original 6 and that's confirmed. The 55 B737-800s order is inclusive of 20 on option. Only 35 confirmed.

Edited by Mohd Azizul Ramli

No Tarmizi. The rumour about 8 A380s for MH didn't materialised (as at today). They proceed with the original 6 and that's confirmed. The 55 B737-800s order is inclusive of 20 on option. Only 35 confirmed.

Ahh, I see.Thanks for the clarification,Azizul.Ingatkan ada additional aircraft order tadi :rolleyes:

And MH will get the A380 from Jan 2011 and the last to be delivered in Aug 2011. So, all 6 in 8 mths.

Assuming each of those whale will cost us malaysians USD 200 million ( inclusive interior) ; This would simply equates to USD 1.2 billion out of Malaysian Circulation within eight months ! Our economy would be in deficit for eight months, unless there's a sudden boom for Malaysian products and services in the International Market.

Unless some are on Sale and Leaseback like SQ does.

Assuming each of those whale will cost us malaysians USD 200 million ( inclusive interior) ; This would simply equates to USD 1.2 billion out of Malaysian Circulation within eight months ! Our economy would be in deficit for eight months, unless there's a sudden boom for Malaysian products and services in the International Market.

Unless some are on Sale and Leaseback like SQ does.

Nobody pays 100% on delivery time. There are the downpayments, progress payments and the final payment when MH gets the "keys." Before final payment, MH would have arranged external financing for the aircraft.

Hmm.. 99% confirmed? Bila sampai? :blink:

Nobody pays 100% on delivery time. There are the downpayments, progress payments and the final payment when MH gets the "keys." Before final payment, MH would have arranged external financing for the aircraft.

Even the payments are in stages, the fact remains that there will be an outflow of USD 1.2 billion from our malaysian coffers.

Even the payments are in stages, the fact remains that there will be an outflow of USD 1.2 billion from our malaysian coffers.

US$1.2 bn is capital investment, as long as there is forex earning from ticket sales, it is just a blip in our forex transaction.

Your point raised another interesting point: when foreign planes come to M'sia for MRO or are leased in by M'sian companies, I wonder if it is considered an "import" , and later, when done, an "export"? How are these classified by the central bank?

Your point raised another interesting point: when foreign planes come to M'sia for MRO or are leased in by M'sian companies, I wonder if it is considered an "import" , and later, when done, an "export"? How are these classified by the central bank?

For MRO and wet/dry lease, there isn’t change of ownership, only payment made is considered trade/forex transaction.

If we're really talking trade, this transaction will be considered an import to Malaysia on the books and will show up on our balance of payments. Malaysia is a major trading nation, with imports and exports worth more than double our GDP. A USD 1.2 bil, is not even 1% of our net imports, it really is as someone has pointed out, a blip. It'll be a lot if say we were Brunei or Cambodia... much smaller economies.

sorry to hijack this thread but i found something interesting on the web that i would like to share with u guys..its a 360 degrees view of the a380 cockpit..

HERE

they even have a HUD in the A380????

A new rumour that MH is not going to take the 6 A380s popped up in A.Net. Apparently some pilots on the PEK-KUL route has said something about it to an A.Netter, Peh.

Peh wrote in a dedicated thread,

I've just stepped off a Malaysia Airlines flight between Beijing and KL. I was traveling up front so I got talking to the two pilots when they came back to chat with the (beautiful) hosties.

When I asked both about whether they're looking forward to having the A380 in the fleet (and possibly flying it), the conversation became rather awkward. I asked if the A380 was in doubt and the message was basically - "they're on order now but probably won't be for long".

I may have misinterpreted the message but it seemed pretty clear to me. Does anyone know if Malaysia Airlines is planning to cancel their A380 order?

Can a firm order being cancelled? Or MH is going to convert the A380s into A350s instead? Does conversion clause included in the contract? Or MH can do it subject to some form of penalty?

Pilots are generally not in the loop in MAS aircraft acquisition.

I think those pilots have not kept themselves up to date on the aircraft status, especially after IJ has confirmed delivery with explicit delivery dates.

Their views seemed to be in line with the old expectations before IJ's announcement (on the 738 acquisitions & A380 deliveries). But I'm surprised they did not keep themselves in the loop with what was a public statement by IJ.