CF..check!

Battery...check!

lighter...check!

wallet...check!

lets ROCK and ROLL!

pix up much later :)

Edited by Imran K.

Hey there everybody,

First of all...id like to apologize for the lack of pictures in this post. I started out the morning with high hopes, utter euphoria, and a desire to thoroughly enjoy myself at the airshow.

Lo and behold, i received a call from my girlfriend with some pretty bad news, and thus I had to forfeit my day at the airshow and rush off.

Thus...I only managed to capture some photos of the aerial display much later on in the evening.

However, I have re-planned, and thus I will be visiting the exhibition on WEDNESDAY with some mates. Thus, do stay tuned for more pictures!

PRESENTING....

F-WWEA (We Want Emirates Airlines) :rofl: :rofl:

(one disadvantage of having heliconian sky + haze...is your pix turn out..pretty icky sometimes)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Sorry to hear about your GF, bro !!! :sorry:

Anyhow, great pictures of the Whale !!! :good: :drinks:

No difficulty with veiled women and consequent visit to Police Station ??? :huh: :lol:

Hope to see a lot more, bro !!! ;)

financial times mentioned that prince alwaleed has signed for a380 private jet at the air show. based on current orders, he will get his slot in 2010. this is mega!

Well...the last airshow to ever be held at OMDB has come to an end, amidst blood, sweat and tears. I must say...this years event surpassed all my expectations...and resulted in one of the best experiences of my life. The euphoria...the ecstacy...the sense of belonging...rubbing shoulders with the creme de la creme of the global aviation industry...what can i say... :rolleyes:

c'est la vie! :drinks:

That fine day...woke up at about 0615...picked up a couple of mates...and off we went. Smugly dressed in our suits, we resembled an investment-quartet of some sorts...ready to purchase that 787 for our clients...but deep down...we knew we were excited 'little girls' bouncing off walls in an aviation-induced high! :pardon:

Passed security...got my complimentary drink...and off went on our little buggy to the main exhibition hall where yet another security checkpoint awaited us. I felt like a stripper...casually removing items of clothing which bore metallic insignia...a free show of some sorts. Gosh i hope nobody pierced their unmentionables...now THAT would be a sight passing through the metal detectors :rofl:

We decided to visit the static display first...whilst the sun was still somewhat low'ish...with bright, exuberant sunlight bathing the entire static lineup.

starter.jpg

Proceeded down onto the apron...and was greeted by this handsome fellow. A Canadair Challenger 604...

12.jpg

13.jpg

Ahh...a short walk allowed me to meet an old friend...who now graduated the air force academy...and pilots this baby...this is for you Jamal! (RE-)Presenting...the F16 'Block 60'.

14.jpg

15.jpg

Another handsome fellow...sleek aircraft methinks. Gulfstream II (IIRC)

16.jpg

18.jpg

17.jpg

As you all may have noticed in the above pictures of ZS-LOG...a BEHEMOTH with a rather large 'mouth' was on display....and...believe it or not...that aircraft bears rather appropriate titles for MAXIMUS Air Cargo!

19.jpg

110.jpg

Well...thats all for now...i guess i should get some sleep..its been close to 30+ hours since my last slumber...im literally passing coffee through my system :rofl: :blink:

In any case...and being the evil person that I am..i shall leave you guys with a teaser of what's to come next (Pieter will be VERY happy to see my accomplishments, evident in the photo below!)

teaser1.jpg

Do comment away! Turrah!

Nothing beats the rotation shot....i'm staring at 777 there almost 10 minutes before making this post...what i've learn about mechanical and aeronautical engineering for past 7 years flows inside my brain while staring at that shot...now i know what i'm looking at....its not about just an airplane, not about just an aircraft spotting...its the art of engineering, only engineers can understand...thank you Imran...

Edited by Mohd Idham

Wohoo,

Power Power Imran. Nice EK Rotating!

haha, you knw wht i'm looking fwd for now!

Nice pics there mate...

I was there on Wednesday too...but came in a bit late at about 1400LT just before the aerial show began...had to drive from Abu Dhabi & you know how's the traffic is in dubai right?? hehehe...

took a few shots (quite a few actually) & hope you dont mind me piggyback my pics on your thread here...thanks

Razmyn :drinks:

my first pic for the moment...

The grand entrance for the last show of the day by The Red Arrows in formation with Emirates' B777-300ER (wish I was the one flying this baby :sorry: )

ekredarrowsformationan1.jpg

Nice shots bro!

Damn..shouldve PM'd you before goin...at least then couldve bought you a sandwich or something at the Costa...or some shawarma :pardon:

Btw...that EK aircraft is a 777-300 regular series bro... A6-EMP.

Nice shots bro!

Damn..shouldve PM'd you before goin...at least then couldve bought you a sandwich or something at the Costa...or some shawarma :pardon:

Btw...that EK aircraft is a 777-300 regular series bro... A6-EMP.

alamak!! i missed a free meal...hehehe...

thanks for the correction...my bad :pardon:

i missed a good chance to shoot the F18 with a nice circular shockwave vapor when i was distracted by the

A380 taxying ~SIGH~

maybe next year i'll get another chance..

nice shots Razmyn! The red arrows and EK's tripple formation is simply awesome, i wonder if they will ever think of flying the MH Hibiscus with the red arrows for a formation of RED during the LIMA..... well DREAM ON! hahaha

more shots please!!

Well...lets move on shall we?

After enjoying the stroll right through the AN124's cargo bay...we proceeded to the Royal Jordanian Air Force C130...parked side by side with the Dubai Air Wing's L100-30.

c130.jpg

c130close.jpg

I really love this angle...truly summarizes the grandeur of this aircraft in one simple photo.

c130front.jpg

Here's the L100-30...shiny! Looks like it has just been waxed!

l100.jpg

l100nose.jpg

After wiping the drool off our faces...we decided to pay the Apache a visit!

apache1.jpg

I haven't seen nor have i heard of this jet before...but i must say...i am VERY impressed!

alenia1.jpg

alenia2.jpg

Last but not least...as many of you may or may not remember...spotting is severely frowned upon in this country. However...when an airshow comes to town...security is pretty lax...resulting in many spotters falling prey to the potentially-embarassing disease aptly named... S.O.S (Spotters Orgasm Syndrome) :rofl: :rofl:

lufty1.jpg

maskargo.jpg

Sign in to follow this