MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Meor

BKI Spotting V2

Another old sign, with "more shops" ahead, but actually there were none...
Meaning the duty free place nearest ex-gate 1 now no more ?

Thanks for those pics btw ! :good:

hope my favourite deli will still be there once renovation completed..
Doubt very much if it will exist as it is currently. If anything, probably have to be relocated to new bit under construction now Edited by BC Tam

Just a quick one.

Do you prefer Pak Nasser's Nasi Lemak or Nasi Briyani with curry chicken?

Meaning the duty free place nearest ex-gate 1 now no more ?

Thanks for those pics btw ! :good:

Doubt very much if it will exist as it is currently. If anything, probably have to be relocated to new bit under construction now

Yes, mostly gone, with only a few left, because they've moved to the new part of the terminal.

WaiPing, where is Pak Nasser?

I'll continue with the terminal part:

The old gate, with the number removed,

IMG_7283.jpg

Once you go through immigration check, you'll see this sign, stating walking distance to the last gate.

IMG_7287.jpg

This photo shows where the excitement starts, it was the old gate six, but now replaced with a duty free shop selling liquor and cigarettes, turn left and it will head you to the new wing.

IMG_7289.jpg

IMG_7291.jpg

On the walkalator,

IMG_7294.jpg

The temporary shops, apparently the new shop outlets were not ready yet.

IMG_7297.jpg

I'll continue soon! Enjoy!

If we were to issue warnings , there would be more warnings than photo's of 737's :)

then i hopefully MAS will take consider of the A320-200. so can help me to avoid from to taking 737 shots; on the other hand can reduce the chances to issue warning. :drinks:

Thanks go to both Chan CS and Samuel for keeping this thread alive.

Looks like the old part of the airport will go down as history and I should get busy saving all the photos for remembrance's sake :)

Hope to meet both of you again at the end of this year around X'mas-New Year ;)

WaiPing, where is Pak Nasser?

Both on offer on any AK flights I think. I wanted to try but couldn't decide which one to go for. In the end didn't order anything.

Once you go through immigration check, you'll see this sign, stating walking distance to the last gate.

IMG_7287.jpg

Strange, always under impression that distance is quantified in meters or feet, whilst minutes measures time or angle size ? :p

Looks like ceiling leaking, again !

Edited by BC Tam

Both on offer on any AK flights I think. I wanted to try but couldn't decide which one to go for. In the end didn't order anything.

OT again :p

I have personally tried Nasi Lemak !! POWAHHHHHHHHHH !! Very nice :p Meor tried the Beryani u should ask him about it

"Thiu Ghung Gham Liaw" culture all over again !

(I hope you understand hakka)

Besarlah kemaluan dia orang again !

Thanks BC. Those warehouses at the bottom of the photos, are they the warehouses/hangar for Borneo railway?

And of course Pacific Sutera and Magellan Sutera by the waterfront??

Yes, SV those hangars belong to Sabah railway, for your info, they're also doing upgrading work, the whole railroad being renewed, I believe it will soon be back into service. When you coming back to KK??

Tam, thanks for sharing those!

Yes, SV those hangars belong to Sabah railway, for your info, they're also doing upgrading work, the whole railroad being renewed, I believe it will soon be back into service. When you coming back to KK??

Tam, thanks for sharing those!

Oh very nice to hear that the railway will get upgraded. Will it be extended though?? Hope they will use the wider gauge standard too and use some new trains!!

Chan, looking at going back to KK and Tawau for a visit after the new year in Jan 2009 from HKG (check my siggy). Have yet to book my flights, but will probably fly from MFM on AK or Dragonair with Asia Miles.

Oh by the way, BC, are you a Hakka speaker? :p

Edited by S V Choong

Oh very nice to hear that the railway will get upgraded. Will it be extended though?? Hope they will use the wider gauge standard too and use some new trains!!

Chan, looking at going back to KK and Tawau for a visit after the new year in Jan 2009 from HKG (check my siggy). Have yet to book my flights, but will probably fly from MFM on AK or Dragonair with Asia Miles.

Oh by the way, BC, are you a Hakka speaker? :p

I think they're using wider gauge now, but not sure whether or not new trains will be introduced. I remember reading news somewhere stating that they will likely to extend it, but not too sure about it, you know I Malaysia anything would happen until we see it.

Anyway Choong, If you're coming back to BKI on AK, try avoid MFM but try SZX, as better timing and also cost of traveling to SZX is relatively cheaper as compared to travel to MFM.

Okay, I'll continue post my photos of the new terminal.

The new LCD flight display

IMG_7298.jpg

The new long aerobridge

IMG_7300.jpg

Close up, you can see how those workers rest...

IMG_7302.jpg

Looking up to the first floor, still under construction over the other side

IMG_7304.jpg

The doors toward the bridge

IMG_7307.jpg

Now passenger on fokker have to go down by stair in the aerobridge

IMG_7311.jpg

Erm, walking till the other end of the terminal, this is what you'll get

IMG_7313.jpg

Another walkalator, anyway I think it malfunctioned, it only start moving when I reach the other end, so I think maybe they put the sensor at the wrong place?

IMG_7314.jpg

The new toilet

IMG_7319.jpg

When you sit to wait your plane, you can watch plane land

IMG_7320.jpg

A MH 737 docking, with the AOG I mentioned before at the back

IMG_7330.jpg

Overview

IMG_7339.jpg

A captain doing walk-around

IMG_7341.jpg

And he took the risk to wipe off dirty thingy on his screen, when I took this photo he was already inside the flightdeck, well it was raining heavyly!

IMG_7346.jpg

Okay, will post somemore next time. Thanks for viewing.

The new long aerobridge

IMG_7300.jpg

Thanks for sharing Chan. Btw, do you think the aero bridge will collapse because it doesn't has any structure supporting it at the middle there? :blink:

Another walkalator, anyway I think it malfunctioned, it only start moving when I reach the other end, so I think maybe they put the sensor at the wrong place?

Just a long shot here, but could you possibly have gotten onto the walkalator on the 'wrong' side ? :p

Good revealing pics there, many thanks ! :good:

..... Those warehouses at the bottom of the photos, are they the warehouses/hangar for Borneo railway?

Not just warehouses, but the maintenance workshop as well for KTNS. Apparently won't last for too long now, the area also marked for "redevelopment" Some news here (post #153)

Actually, all the rail tracks to/fro the area have been removed as progress on rehab of line - it's a stranded station for now !

Yes, I am hakka speaking, though a 'sei yapp' by ancestry :)

Just a long shot here, but could you possibly have gotten onto the walkalator on the 'wrong' side ? :p

Good revealing pics there, many thanks ! :good:

No, I'm sure I was on the right side, the sign shows, and the walkalotor was moving the other side...

Desmond, I'm not engineer lar, cannot help you...

desmond , i dun think the aerobridge will collapse for the mean time , as u can c , there is a support there . dun worry , i guess those engineer r there not for nuthin :D

I see the future! ....for the future looks bright for us plane spotters

WBKK1.jpg

I see A380 landing @ RW02..... and B741 Pan Am Clippers @ bays A1-4... that can't be right? :huh:

WBKK2.jpg

and Iberia B747s? :huh:

WBKK3.jpg

... the future looks weired......

SNAP! Wake up! :blink:

Everytime I see those first two rendering pics, can't help but ask "where are the cars, people ..... etc ?! :)

Really looks like a scene from the Twilight Zone !