MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Meor

BKI Spotting V2

WBKK3.jpg

I can see that the new enterance/exit has been relocated to the Jalan Penampang intersection? In and out at the same point? :blink: Good to see that they are keeping the river/drainage channel rather than bury it underground.

IMG_7319.jpg

Nice loo, hopefully no more haunted urban legend about Imperial Japanese troops there :D

Anyway Choong, If you're coming back to BKI on AK, try avoid MFM but try SZX, as better timing and also cost of traveling to SZX is relatively cheaper as compared to travel to MFM.

Been to SZX before, just a direct bus ride to Shenzhen airport from HK. Yes it is cheaper, but I will need an entry visa (for two entries) and it could be about the same. I guess you are asking me to take into account of the boat ride and bus trip to the airport at Macau? I feel like going for Macau again after almost 18 years of absence :D

Yes, I am hakka speaking, though a 'sei yapp' by ancestry

Same situation as my wife. Between us we speak Hakka the whole time. I guess you know how to say "wife" in Sei Yap and how it would sound like in Hakka. I always tease her by calling her "tiger" :D

Edited by S V Choong

I can see that the new enterance/exit has been relocated to the Jalan Penampang intersection? In and out at the same point? :blink:

You do realize that is a retouched pic of what the place will look like after completion, at least what was envisaged some two years ago probably ? In reality, end result will be somewhat different with a flyover already under construction at that traffic junction. Currently it's more of a massive construction site than traffic junction !

No, exit point I believe will be a rebuilt junction at current location

Been to SZX before, just a direct bus ride to Shenzhen airport from HK. Yes it is cheaper, but I will need an entry visa (for two entries) and it could be about the same. I guess you are asking me to take into account of the boat ride and bus trip to the airport at Macau? I feel like going for Macau again after almost 18 years of absence :D

Well I've never been to SZX, and yes, you reminded me a visa is required and after the fee of everything could be same, even more troublesome to go to SZX then. Hehe...

Anyway, MFM is sure a good place to go, it is nice!

No, exit point I believe will be a rebuilt junction at current location

If thats true, it will be a relief to know.

Hi guys, it's me again, continue posting my photos, anyway I must mention that this post's photo has not much to do with BKI spotting, but it is something like a TR, but because the it is so incomplete to start another thread, I decided to put it on here. Please do not hesitate to remove it...

My flight for that day was a F50, it was so cold inside that you can actually see the fog

IMG_7352.jpg

A look outside the window

IMG_7355.jpg

Well you can see how heavy the rain was, I really worried about safety... Hehe...

IMG_7358.jpg

Some cabin shots, this old aircraft's aircon system still works greatly, so cold that the water drop out...

IMG_7364.jpg

The food onboard

IMG_7470.jpg

Window view

IMG_7472.jpg

The engine

IMG_7480.jpg

And spectacular view, while approaching BKI

IMG_7491.jpg

Chan

IMG_7355.jpg

Well you can see how heavy the rain was, I really worried about safety... Hehe...

IMG_7358.jpg

Chan, was this taken at BKI or MYY?

Chan, was this taken at BKI or MYY?

Sorry, all taken from BKI, except the last 2.

And it was at the terminal 1, boarding from new wing of the terminal.

How are F50 pax boarded at BKI T1 nowadays ? Did you have to manage those stairs at end of aerobridge to get down to terra firma ? And in that rain too ? :blink:

Well still remember the photos I've posted, where the F50 was parked? We board by going down the staircase I've shown as well (where those worker rest).

And for sure, in that rain too. We have no choice... Apparently the aerobridge is not low enough to cater the F50, or it's not designed to cater any aerobridge at all, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Ah, those stairs - thanks for clearing that up ! I thought the rickety looking steps at end of the jaris :)

Nope, don't think you'll be able to get an aerobridge close enough to the F50's exit with its door hinging down (to act as steps) I think the only aerobridge compatible turboprop is the BAe ATP, a feature BAe employed to its advantage during those sales competitions vs F50, ATR42 etc

is time to update this thread, it has been about 1 month sharp since my last spotting. guess what, something special show her face to me, or the luck of my friend? <_>

some appetiser

Hotel Delta

DSC_1194-700.jpg

Golf Alpha

DSC_1224-700.jpg

main dish of the day, or the month? :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

DSC_1210-700.jpg

Iggy, don hentam me ya. :p

enjoy... :drinks:

CILAKA CILAkA CILAkA... DAMN DAAMN ... Y Tiger Sesat to BKI??? I was on Alpha Delta on my Sin-Kul flight!!!! Is she diverted to Bki on the way to the PhilipsLand?? Edited by Ignatius

Replace the Silk air's aircraft? :pardon:

after her arrive, i moved to the terminal 2, but i see nothing regarding the flight on the both departure and arrival TV. but she just make a short stop at T2. btw, POB 103.

Edited by Samuel Chy

after her arrive, i moved to the terminal 2, but i see nothing regarding the flight on the both departure and arrival TV. but she just make a short stop at T2. btw, POB 103.

That means its diverted to land at BKI while enrouting Clark hehehe.. lucky you SAm... DAMN.. I still want to curse You.. DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!! :p

Waaaa..... Sam... what a catch

a Maybank in BKI... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mobile one? :rofl:

Iggy, instead of Cursing, better go airasia.com. :drinks: :p

main dish of the day, or the month? :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

DSC_1210-700.jpg

Iggy, don hentam me ya. :p

If Iggy wont...I WOULD!! Hahaha! Joking! Not fair! How come Tiger Airways flew there?? A preview of ASEAN open sky policy in the near future huh? CANT WAIT! All da best!

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

Wah Sam, catching the Tiger here is probably rarer than striking 1st prize 4-D lah - lucky you ! :) Thanks !

And if she was diverted here due to weather, that would be totally ironic considering what we've been experiencing last few days

If Iggy wont...I WOULD!! Hahaha! Joking! Not fair! How come Tiger Airways flew there?? A preview of ASEAN open sky policy in the near future huh? CANT WAIT! All da best!

why wan hentam me??? i'm "innocent" one... :rofl: btw, last time heard from the MAB guy said maybe will hav some S'pore LCC come BKI in near future. :pardon: