MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin P K

MAS Enrich Frequent Flyer Program

Also good for hotel 'master switch' slot to leave the aircond and lights switched on while I'm out!

ha ha ha I thought I was the only doing this to the Enrich card...

I just paid a visit to the Enrich Customer Service Center on 20 Nov. I have a few findings to share:
  • Enrich members can get their 'missing' miles from other MH's partner airlines (KLM, Air France, ANA, SWISS, Virgin Atlantic, Northwest and Virgin Blue) on the spot. Just produce the original boarding passes and tickets or e-tickets, it can be done in an instant. All boarding passes and tickets will be returned back to members. BRAVO Enrich!

My friend just found out that for Virgin Blue, the miles CANNOT be credited in an instant. The Enrich Customer Service Officer told him that the miles have to be verified and the whole process will take 2-3 weeks.

It's 1 February 2008. For the first time ever, the newsletter was uploaded right on smack at midnight! I am so pleased!!! Macam ni lah, make us proud of MH!

Redeemed Enrich points for return flight to SYD but had to pay about RM800 for fuel surcharge. Believe it is fair to pay for airport tax but fuel surcharge for redemption flight is making Enrich unattractive. :sorry:

May be Keith T can share some experience on redemption surcharge by other airlines.

:drinks:

May be Keith T can share some experience on redemption surcharge by other airlines.

Generally most programs levy fuel fines. The ones that don't are generally the US carriers, Air NZ - most of the time these airlines have incorporated fuel fines into the base fare and hence do not charge fuel fines on awards since the base fare of an award is nil. For some other programs like Miles and More it'd depend on whether the operating carrier of the award charges fuel fines. I used LH miles to purchase an NZ J award MEL-xAKL-PVG return which only cost A$70 in airport tax - no fuel fines as Air NZ doesn't charge them separately.

My primary FFP is AAdvantage - no fuel fines as AA itself doesnt charge fuel seperately, and does not pick up the tab for partner airlines either (which include some major fuel finers like QF and JL). Here are some of the awards I issued within the last 2 weeks:

~A$120 for a PRG-xLHR-MEL BA J/QF F award

~A$60 for a HKG-MEL-HKG QF J award

Edited by Keith T

Redeemed Enrich points for return flight to SYD but had to pay about RM800 for fuel surcharge. Believe it is fair to pay for airport tax but fuel surcharge for redemption flight is making Enrich unattractive.

Oh, now they are charging the fuel surcharge too? So how much do you have to pay in total? MYR 1,000+? This is not good.

Oh, now they are charging the fuel surcharge too? So how much do you have to pay in total? MYR 1,000+? This is not good.

Thanks Keith T. :drinks:

Paid RM964 of fuel surcharge for KUL/SYD/KUL. MH also charge US$20 processing fee per change of itinerary. :sorry:

Guess IJ&co is milking Enrich too. :angry:

Can I claim a ticket 2 hours before the flight departs? Does MH has some processing time/booking lead time period or something? Has anyone tried it before?

KK Lee, Keith T, anyone?

Thanks Keith T. :drinks:

Paid RM964 of fuel surcharge for KUL/SYD/KUL. MH also charge US$20 processing fee per change of itinerary. :sorry:

Guess IJ&co is milking Enrich too. :angry:

Sounds about right. I paid A$ 340 for my Enrich redemption flights.

31/1/2008 MH 138 EYCL ADL - KUL

11/2/2008 MH 139 GCCL KUL - ADL

And I had to pay the US$ 20 fee for changing my ADL bound flight from the 9/2/2008 to 11/2/2008

MH management is hunger for the targeted profit and thus they are doing whatever that can to achieve the aim. Not only that the Enrich is more expensive but also the ticket. Take for instance, the full EY fare from BKI-KUL had been revised to RM529 from RM499.

Can I claim a ticket 2 hours before the flight departs? Does MH has some processing time/booking lead time period or something? Has anyone tried it before?

KK Lee, Keith T, anyone?

Sorry MAR - no clue there as I don't use Enrich. :sorry:

Edited by Keith T

Emirates is another airline which does not separate fuel surcharge from its base fare

The ones that don't are generally the US carriers, Air NZ

Does UA impose fuel fines on redemption ticket? Was thinking about doing UA HKG-SIN with mates using Emirates Skywards miles. Not sure how that works out?

NZ fare ex-LHR have fuel surcharge shown separately from the base fare :angry: , is it just LHR or zero fuel surcharge is only applicable to redemption tickets?

Edited by H C Chai

Does UA impose fuel fines on redemption ticket? Was thinking about doing UA HKG-SIN with mates using Emirates Skywards miles. Not sure how that works out?

NZ fare ex-LHR have fuel surcharge shown separately from the base fare :angry: , is it just LHR or zero fuel surcharge is only applicable to redemption tickets?

No fuel fines with UA, not on that route anyway. Some US carriers have decided to charge them on selected routes (usually transoceanic routes) for revenue tickets, but you only pay legitimate taxes on awards since the YQ is incorporated into the base fare.

I think it's actually New Zealand (+ Australia and USA) legislation that bans NZ from charging fuel fines separately, so they might be free to charge them separately from other ports. Certainly I've had no YQ charged on my award tickets with NZ thus far using both LH and UA miles, but all of them ex-MEL. Doesn't stop QF from charging them on awards though - can't remember the exact wording of the legislation but i think QF took it very literally to mean that they'd advertise their fares with fuel fines included but they'd still technically charge them separately anyway (appears in the fare calc line as a separate YQ charge).

Also - don't forget there's Air Passenger Duty exUK which is also charged on awards - GBP40 for economy, GBP80 for premium economy and above. :angry: (Bizarrely, pax on all-business airlines pay the lower amount as there's no "higher" cabin on those airlines :pardon:)

Edited by Keith T

since we on this topic... i noticed cx has very low fuel surcharges... compared to mh or sq on similar (not exactly the same though) routes...

what is the economics behind fuel surcharge?

Edited by Dennis S.

Why Enrich doesn't update my account? Supposedly there are miles to be credited from MH for online ticket purchases and miles from my CIMB Enrich credit card on 27 March 2008. Tomorrow is 27 April 2008 and still nothing about it? How many months are MH going to accumulated those miles before crediting it into my accounts?

Has anyone facing the same problem?

What is going on with MH? I had to coop with the lousy booking system, now Enrich Online is causing me troubles. Why everything about MH has to be hopeless? :angry:

I only paid USD20 tax for my OnePass redemption with CO from SIN-NYC-SIN.........MH really do SUCK! Also, paid MYR120 for redemption flight from KUL-NYC-KUL with Emirates Skywards

Edited by Seth K

I only paid USD20 tax for my OnePass redemption with CO from SIN-NYC-SIN.........MH really do SUCK! Also, paid MYR120 for redemption flight from KUL-NYC-KUL with Emirates Skywards

WHAT ? Last time my mom had to pay RM180/Enrich reward ticket for BKI-KUL-BKI. MAS really SUCKS !

Wow with so many complaints on MAS and Enrich, I think it's time that they do look into these matter seriously. I have also been an Enrich member but I don't really care about the miles because I find that sometimes I can save more $$$ flying on other airlines than trying to gain miles. Saving $$$ is instant reward. Earning miles is future reward.

Besides earning miles with MAS, Enrich members can also earn miles when they shop in the airport shops which are the partners of Enrich. So if you are keen on earning miles, look out for retailers that offer enrich miles.

Oh btw, they do still run hard copies of World of Riches.

Besides earning miles with MAS, Enrich members can also earn miles when they shop in the airport shops which are the partners of Enrich. So if you are keen on earning miles, look out for retailers that offer enrich miles.

Yes but i've presented my Enrich card 3 times and none were ever credited to my account. And each transaction is worth RM85+ (250gm of Neuhaus chocolates). Last time when i bought something from Temptations no miles were credited to my account either.

Oh btw, they do still run hard copies of World of Riches.

True. But there is something weird with them. MAS still mail the printed World Of Riches to my mom but nothing to me. We're using different address, by the way. Anyway it's no big deal.

Edited by Isaac

Yes but i've presented my Enrich card 3 times and none were ever credited to my account. And each transaction is worth RM85+ (250gm of Neuhaus chocolates). Last time when i bought something from Temptations no miles were credited to my account either.

Tell me about it. I have been providing the cabin crews with my Enrich number each time I make Temptations purchases onboard and for all purchases since July 2006, I have not been getting any points credited to my account. And that is despite the numerous emails that I have sent to enrich@mas.com.my and I haven't been getting a single reply from them.

Tell me about it. I have been providing the cabin crews with my Enrich number each time I make Temptations purchases onboard and for all purchases since July 2006, I have not been getting any points credited to my account. And that is despite the numerous emails that I have sent to enrich@mas.com.my and I haven't been getting a single reply from them.

same here... been providing enrich card number during inflight purchases and check-in to ensure points are awarded. some how the "system" still cannot "capture" the transaction/check-in... follow up by calling enrich and fax it as per advised.. attention to "so and so that entertained the cal" ... it still got "lost" at times....

wonder is it the system or procedures ...

Let see whether the new World of Riches newsletter (May - July 2008) is being upload into MH's website at 00:00 midnight today or not. On 1 February 2008, the newsletter was uploaded at 00:00 on that date.

Half past midnight and only the promotion headlines have been uploaded. Not good, again lousy job MH!

Read about the latest news and promotions from Enrich and make sure you don't miss out on any of our exciting offers.

Latest News and Promotions

• Travel to China and India from as low as 17,500 Enrich Miles

• Discover Australia and the Middle East from only 22,400 Enrich Miles

• See Africa and Europe from just 29,400 Enrich Miles

• Redeem a return ticket from Thailand to Kuala Lumpur for only 10,000 Enrich Miles

• Earn Double Enrich Miles on flights to 17 cities across Southeast Asia and North Asia

• Extend your Enrich Miles validity for 15% less

• Be pampered at the new Regional Lounge for 1,000 Enrich Miles less

• Get 1,000 Enrich Miles with MAS Travel Insurance annual coverage

• UPDATE: Alliance Bank Gold Card members can now convert their Timeless Bonus Points to Enrich Miles

• NEW PARTNER: Do business in style around the world with Regus

When one click on it, it will lead to the old promotions. The online copy of World of Riches are also from the previous period (February - April 2008). I will check again next morning if there is any further development regarding this matter.