MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin P K

MAS Enrich Frequent Flyer Program

i agree with you there Edwin

one of the biggest flaws is that you cannot get upgraded to a gold membership unless you fly 60,000 miles on BUSINESS CLASS! with those fares nowadays... how can one really afford that? whereas with the star alliance memberships, or anything else, its just the accrual of miles that gets you upgraded, not the discriminating of what type of miles..

MH is shooting themselves in the foot...

one of the biggest flaws is that you cannot get upgraded to a gold membership unless you fly 60,000 miles on BUSINESS CLASS! with those fares nowadays... how can one really afford that? whereas with the star alliance memberships, or anything else, its just the accrual of miles that gets you upgraded, not the discriminating of what type of miles..

I don't know how it work, but my dad flew two time with MH, then the MAS sent the gold card :good:

MH is shooting themselves in the foot...

Yes, that's one reason why I chose to fly SQ instead of MH. MH you can't earn miles towards Enrich Gold card...so wasted leh...

Btw, I can't seem to find the awards table?

http://hq.malaysiaairlines.com/mh/eng/enri...guide/award.asp

I don't know how it work, but my dad flew two time with MH, then the MAS sent the gold card :good:

Either he hit the threshold for Gold with 2 very long flights in MH F or J, or more likely, there was some form of promotion like status matching. Has ur dad got statuses with other airlines? I hit Premier Executive on UA by showing them my AA Platinum card. :drinks:

Yes, that's one reason why I chose to fly SQ instead of MH. MH you can't earn miles towards Enrich Gold card...so wasted leh...

Btw, I can't seem to find the awards table?

http://hq.malaysiaairlines.com/mh/eng/enri...guide/award.asp

Are you going to make SQ*G for next year? Remember, you have 1 year from the date you joined. ;) Hit those UA transatlantic cheapies hard! :p

...whereas with the star alliance memberships, or anything else, its just the accrual of miles that gets you upgraded, not the discriminating of what type of miles..

Certain economy fare classes earn only 50% miles on certain programs (eg V or W classes on Miles and More, Royal Orchid Plus), while others do not earn miles altogether (G, I, N, O, Q, R, T, V, or X on SQ will render ur entire itinerary ineligible for accrual on any *A airline).

So it does pay to check before ticketing. ;)

Either he hit the threshold for Gold with 2 very long flights in MH F or J, or more likely, there was some form of promotion like status matching. Has ur dad got statuses with other airlines? I hit Premier Executive on UA by showing them my AA Platinum card. :drinks:

He did MH LAX-KUL-EWR with a month stay at Mandarin, I think the point mostly come from the hotel/car rental plus F on both leg :good: AA Plantinium? CO plantinium elite better :rofl: My dad has more than a million miles in there :drinks: Can I join the FF(under 18)? ;) You know one thing I like bout FF, everytime we buy something, either shopping, eat, leisure, every cent goes to Credit card point and FF...............life is damn good :yahoo: it's like every penny you spent, will give you back a penny :)

I just want to ask someting here.Do Enrich gives points for the Supersavers ticket? I've once used the Supersavers ticket,together with Enrich.However when I check my monthly statement,it was not inserted! i've sent the missing points claim form,together with the ticket and boarding pass,but there was no respond at all...And from that day on,I'm never using Supersavers anymore and I'd rather paying full fare so i could use my Enrich card.

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

I just want to ask someting here.Do Enrich gives points for the Supersavers ticket? I've once used the Supersavers ticket,together with Enrich.However when I check my monthly statement,it was not inserted! i've sent the missing points claim form,together with the ticket and boarding pass,but there was no respond at all...And from that day on,I'm never using Supersavers anymore and I'd rather paying full fare so i could use my Enrich card.

Tamizi, you should get the 30% point of actual flight :yahoo:

Super Saver-30% Enrich Miles

Saver-70% Enrich Miles

Tamizi, you should get the 30% point of actual flight :yahoo:

Super Saver-30% Enrich Miles

Saver-70% Enrich Miles

Initially, you didn't get any point from supersaver. Recently, after the turnaround plan, they allow 30% from supersaver. So, i guess Tamizi took the flight before the change was implemented.

He did MH LAX-KUL-EWR with a month stay at Mandarin, I think the point mostly come from the hotel/car rental plus F on both leg :good: AA Plantinium?

Unless its different on MH, only flown miles (plus applicable COS bonuses) count towards status. Miles accrued from other sources only count towards award mileage.

AA Plantinium? CO plantinium elite better :rofl:

AA Platinum is good to use for my oneworld flights. It's also easier to achieve and AAdvantage is more generous than BA EC or QF FF.

And I dont fly ST. ;)

My dad has more than a million miles in there

So hes a Million Miler nice. That's the only exception to making status - accumulate 1 million miles on most American FFPs from any source and you get lifetime status. Go google 'Pudding Guy' - the dude bought stacks of pudding just to make lifetime Platinum on AA.

Can I join the FF(under 18)? ;)

I believe there are no age restrictions on FFPs. LH published an article some time ago of its youngest Miles and More Senator - 6.

You know one thing I like bout FF, everytime we buy something, either shopping, eat, leisure, every cent goes to Credit card point and FF...............life is damn good :yahoo: it's like every penny you spent, will give you back a penny :)

Yep the whole point of FFP is to reward you. Even better when you spend a penny and get back more than 1. ;)

Edited by Keith T

Initially, you didn't get any point from supersaver. Recently, after the turnaround plan, they allow 30% from supersaver. So, i guess Tamizi took the flight before the change was implemented.

Go directly to their office in Jalan Sultan Ismail, and demand for it. It'll work that way! :p

You're right Wong...Maybe it's time for MH to revamp their Enrich programme.For me,It's totally ineffective.Just imagine that I'm still using temporary membership card,and have to collect at least 2,000 points to get the permanent Enrich Blue card! Why just they don't reducing it to 1,000 points instead?

I've just found out this from...ahem,ahem..(AM)

Read from one of the news agency that MAS is expected to relaunch its FFP tomorrow (July 11, 2006) at 2:30 p.m. at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in K.L.

What do you think we can expect from this relaunch?

- 500 miles minimum for all flights?

- Elite Qualifying Miles (EQM) for Economy Class?

- EQM for partner airlines?

- More partner airlines?

- New tier for elite members (e.g. silver at 25,000 miles?)

- L/V/S are now eligible for redeemable miles (RDM) albeit at only 30% of the actual mileage. How about 100% RDM for H/Q/B/GV4 subclass?

- Miles that do not expire as long as the account is active every 36 months?

At least they realized that they need a good FFP to attract and retain its customer base. I hope I will not be disappointed with this relaunch.

Wonder if this news was true...

It's true! Check out the website now, it[/ has the new details. I'm still trying to check out the improvements. It's great to hear!

Website is a dodgy- no finest :p Sorry, picky me!

To attain Enrich Gold status, you will need to accumulate 50,000 Enrich Miles or 60 Elite Sectors within a single year.

:D :D

But SIA better, and easier. Bleah

Changes that I have noticed

1. Transfer Enrich Miles to other members (means we can start selling?:p)

2. Broken links here and there. Outrageous

3. Y/M class accrues 100%!!!

4. No more Gold Miles s#1t...No more flying in Business to qualify for tiers. (An Elite Mile is used to track an Enrich Member?s qualification towards Enrich Silver and Enrich Gold status. Elite Miles will only be accrued on Malaysia Airlines Economy Class, Golden Club Class and First Class qualifying fares. Elite Miles may not be used toward the redemption of Enrich Awards.)

Does that mean if I currently have more than 25,000 Enrich Miles, I'm automatically Silver Member now?

Edited by Edwin P K

My God!!! That news was true! :yahoo: But how do i want to check my account? Does that mean I had to enrol again for it? :blink:

The information provided on their website is still pretty sketchy though.

I'm agree with you,Sing Yew.I'm trying to log in,but i can't do it.

I think the changes being made is great for the program. Now one can attain silver or gold level just by flying lots of Y-class, counted based on sectors or mileage. At silver level, one can pay RM1900 for unlimited access to the Golden Lounge - would anyone do that? There doesn't seem to be be any significant dilution, if at all, of previous Gold privileges.

Also, 25% extra tier bonus at both Silver & Gold.

This means, by flying Y over a distance of 100 miles - silver/gold will get total 125 enrich miles - which will be available for redemption, but only 100 flown miles counted for moving up to the next level or maintaining status. If using the same above e.g and one flys instead in GCC in D-fare, then one earns 150 redeemable miles, of which 125 miles will be counted for determining movement to next level or requalifying the same status. No more very restrictive Gold miles, which can only be earned in F or GCC, to get gold status.

But to get Platinum, one must exclusively fly in the premium classes, some 400K+ miles counted over 3 years.

ALso, if one enrols online as a new Enrich member, it seems that they have now endeavoured to react within 24 hours. Now that's one major improvement (but I remain a skeptic that this will happen....)

On redemption, I haven't dived into the details but a quick check seems to indicate that current/past practice remains static. New additions are redemption to pay-off excess baggage charges, get coupons for inflight shopping etc...

I think they also plan to upgrade existing 22K blue card members to the silver tier.

Edited by mushrif a

This is great, the fact that the Y class tickets allows 100% of the miles flown awarded. It's now easier to get upgrades (one-way to LHR), all you need is 2 return flights (on Silver).

Good job!

I think they also plan to upgrade existing 22K blue card members to the silver tier.

Was this mentioned in the website or is it just your speculation ?

From The Edge:

MAS targets 2m Enrich members by July 2007

By Surin Murugiah & Bernard Tong

Malaysia Airlines (MAS) expects to double its Enrich Frequent Flyer membership to two million by July next year with the launch of its new enhanced loyalty programme structure and expanded range of services and privileges.

Its general manager for corporate marketing and loyalty programme Raja Nordiana Zainal Shah said the enhanced loyalty programme was also expected to increase revenue contribution from its shopping partners by 50% this year to RM75 million.

Speaking at a media briefing in conjunction with the launch of the enhanced Enrich programme in Kuala Lumpur on July 11, Raja Nordiana said the programme was in line with MAS’ “Flying to Win Customers” thrust of its Business Turnaround Plan.

Broadly categorised into eight different partnership sectors ranging from airlines, banks and credit cards, hotels and lifestyle partners, the Enrich loyalty programme has alliances in over 4,000 locations worldwide. The new Enrich look carries a distinctive batik design in its signature shade of burgundy.

She said the new Enrich, with its tagline 'Your ticket to a journey of luxury', would allow the national carrier to consistently delight customers and ensure their continued patronage of its services.

"The Enrich miles will now become the currency for passengers as they are no longer restricted or accruable on flights, nor just redeemable againsts free flights only. Members can now enjoy a host of privileges including Enrich lounge access, excess baggage vouchers and transfer of miles to other members," said Raja Nordiana.

She added: “Enrich is also important to Malaysia Airlines as a revenue generating programme, both for protecting and reinforcing customer loyalty as well as for deriving income through strategic alliances with a select network of lifestyle partners.”

Raja Nordiana said bank and credit card partners were the biggest revenue contributors for the Enrich programme last year accounting for 70%.

She said a significant enhancement to the Enrich programme was the introduction of the Enrich Silver membership, which is the next tier after the basic Enrich Blue.

She said under the enhanced programme, customers need not wait until clocking 2,000 miles to obtain their basic Blue membership card.

"The Silver tier will appeal mainly to corporate travellers who observe policies of economy travel for regional routes, and also to the price-sensitive frequent independent travellers.

"With the creation of the new Silver tier, we look forward to upgrading 22,000 qualifying existing Enrich Blue members into the new elite tier," said Raja Nordiana.

She said MAS had also spent almost RM500,000 on programme enhancement and systems modifications for its Enrich online interactive facility, which will feature an Enrich miles calculator and partner locater from Aug 1.

In conjunction with the enhance Enrich programme, MAS is offering 10 pairs of First Class tickets to selected international destinations to new Enrich members through a contest from yesterday until Sept 14, 2006.

For details of the contest and entry forms, log on to MAS' Enrich website at www.malaysiaairlines.com

Link

MAS has re-launched its sub-par FFP yesterday and here are the major changes to Enrich FFP:

- A new silver elite status is created. It seems pretty easy to qualify for this elite status as you are only required to fly 20 elite qualifying segments (EQS) on MH (think 10 roundtrips KUL-PEN), or earn 25,000 EQM.

- Economy class now counts towards EQM. You will get EQM per your booking class (e.g. H, Q or B will earn 70% EQM while P or J will earn 200% EQM).

- You are able to purchase Golden Lounge Pass for MYR $1,900 per year if you are an Enrich Silver member. Gold/Platinum members will have lounge access regardless of class of travel and Platinum members will have access to “Platinum Suite” at KUL.

- 50,000 (instead of 40,000) EQM or 60 EQS are required to qualify for Enrich Gold. Gold miles will become obsolete.

- Elite status bonus (25%) for Silver/Gold/Platinum members traveling on Business or First Class. This is in addition to the class of service bonus.

- Platinum status is now clearly defined. You need to accumulate 450,000 Platinum miles or 375 Platinum sectors in a three year period in order for you to qualify as a Platinum member. Platinum miles/sectors are only earned if you are flying Business or First Class.

This is definitely a vast improvement from the previous Enrich FFP. I was hoping that they would bump the EQM/RDM from 70% to 100% for H/Q/B/GV4 booking class and from 30% to 50% for L/V/S booking class. Also, add a couple more air partners and the ability to earn EQM on other air partners too. Looks like they are aligning themselves to be in line with other major carriers as far as FFP goes (and maybe even paving way to be a member of Skyteam).

IPB Image

My colleague just applied for Enrich online and he got a membership number immediately!

Edited by Edwin P K

Wow,that's awesome. :lol:

But how about the temporary Enrich card holder,just like me? :huh: I'm still using the Enrich temporary card right now...

Wow,that's awesome. :lol:

But how about the temporary Enrich card holder,just like me? :huh: I'm still using the Enrich temporary card right now...

If you have a temp. card, that means you should have a membership number. Based on old rules, you should get a permanent one in the mail once you hit 2K miles. If you have gone beyond that, now's the time to test if they have also improve their reaction time.

If you have a temp. card, that means you should have a membership number. Based on old rules, you should get a permanent one in the mail once you hit 2K miles. If you have gone beyond that, now's the time to test if they have also improve their reaction time.

I see then.Thanks a lot for helping me out on it.

*Just checking the MH website.Thank god i've managed to log in,and my membership number is still valid... :lol:

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby