MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

China Airways passenger jet engulfed in flames in Okinawa

Denny i cant read Japs le...how?

Give this a try: http://babelfish.altavista.com/

More or less can understand a bit la... :)

edit: forgot to mention: when clicking on a link, if it doesnt show the correct page, you have to do it on the original page. that means you have to open 2 IE/firefox/safari/whatever-internet-browser-u-r-using. 1 the original, 1 translated by babelfish.

Edited by Yusoff

Hate to say this but CI and KE have always been on my no-go list.

I once have re-put CI back to my very-last go list with it nice records in the past 2-3 years.

However........seems the rumor is still here. Just not as serious as before.

Step 1 : Get a Japanese ah-moi GF

Step 2 : She teach you Japanese language...you teach her body language.... =@ =@ =@

Denny, I need your help for the 1st step. Please send me as much nice kawaii JP girls photos to my mailbox as you could. :yahoo:

Edited by Sneeze Lam

Hai yo? Why only 1st step...I can also help in step 2's second part....

All part in 2nd step is easy to handle, just it is now hard in having the 1st step. <_>

Not know if it will be a good news to you guys in KUL that you can have more chance for A330/A340 from Dynasty.

Confirmed. CI sent A343 to PEN!!!... yayy!!! can :yahoo:

*Arrivals:

Origin------Flight--Carrier----------Scheduled-Actual---Status------------Equip.

TPE Taipei CI 673 China Airlines 01:00 PM 12:36 PM Landed Ontime 343

*Departures:

Origin------Flight--Carrier----------Scheduled-Actual---Status---------------Equip.

TPE Taipei CI 674 China Airlines 02:00 PM 02:00 PM Scheduled Ontime 343

*from FlightStats

Boeing's statement on the incident:

Boeing's Statement on China Airlines Flt. 120 Fire

SEATTLE, Aug. 19, 2007 -- Boeing extends its wishes for a speedy recovery to those injured on China Airlines Flt. 120. Boeing stands ready to provide technical assistance to the Japanese Aircraft and Railway Accidents Investigation Commission, upon that agency's invitation.

Sorry OT again... from my office at 2.05pm, with 1.3MP cameraphone:

CI-A343070822.jpg

so excited.. :p

AFRS should be reaching the stricken aircraft in 90 seconds. In the video the first fire tender reached the aircraft 3 minutes and 10 seconds from the start of the recording.

Yes, thats very bad...very late...

Care to explain the so excited nature? :blink: Can't figure out.. :pardon:

Since they have changed Taiwan Chiang Kai Shek airport to Taipei Taoyuan Airport and China Post to Taiwan Post? I was wondering why Chen Shui Bian hasn't rename China Airlines name to "Taiwan Airlines" or "Ah Bian airlines" yet. With all these accidents they have now will be credited more or less to mainland China, if people didn't know CI is actually Taiwan's airline (ROC, the then legitimate government of China).

Nice shot, Yusoff: your office very close to the hotel I stayed at last June ? :huh:

Almost similar view from my room !!! :good:

Fresh off the TVBS Breaking News:

Reports that China Airlines A330 Flight CI-150 scheduled from Taipei-Nagoya had emergency landed at Osaka due to insufficient fuel to reach Nagoya. This incident is still under investigation by Japanese authorities. So far that's the only detail.

sunkiss20070822214811lh0.jpg

Click Here: News Article (Chinese Only)

Fresh off the TVBS Breaking News:

Reports that China Airlines A330 Flight CI-150 scheduled from Taipei-Nagoya had emergency landed at Osaka due to insufficient fuel to reach Nagoya. This incident is still under investigation by Japanese authorities. So far that's the only detail.

sunkiss20070822214811lh0.jpg

Click Here: News Article (Chinese Only)

News from HK Radio Channel Online news reported that, this incident was caused by the birds around the airport.

華 航 指 名 古 屋 機 場 有 鳥 類 盤 旋   改 往 大 阪 急 降

2007-08-22 HKT 22:49

一 架 中 華 航 空 公 司 客 機 在 日 本 大 阪 關 西 機 場 緊 急 降 落 。

這 架 A330 型 客 機 , 由 台 灣 出 發 , 原 定 飛 往 日 本 名 古 屋 。

台 灣 傳 媒 報 道 , 發 現 機 場 跑 道 有 鳥 類 盤 旋 , 要 臨 時 改 往 大 阪 關 西 國 際 機 場 降 落 。

初 步 消 息 說 , 並 無 乘 客 或 機 組 人 員 受 傷 報 告 。

As reported by Japanese satellite TV last night, investigative team (consisting of Japanese, Boeing and FAA investigators) now say:

- at least 5 metric tonnes of fuel leaked from pylon. Suspect cavity/metal fatigue in pylon skin is the source.

- witness described the fuel leaking speed is like waterfall.

- engine temp was 1,600 deg C, which ignited the fuel.

- at least 5 metric tonnes of fuel leaked from pylon. Suspect cavity/metal fatigue in pylon skin is the source.

I wonder how can a relatively new aircraft face "fatigue" problem...

Care to explain the so excited nature? :blink: Can't figure out.. :pardon:

If you're from PEN, how many airlines send their A340 to PEN? None! and get to see one would be more than exciting for me. and it's not just for 1 day. it would be for many many days until CI lifted the banned on their B737...

and late afternoon yesterday, got to see Thailand's PM boarding his A300 as well as Pak Lah on his BBJ, and Hishamuddin, Rafidah and the gang boarding the private jet... you dont get to see this everyday, if you're in PEN...

Get the picture?... ehehee...

Nice shot, Yusoff: your office very close to the hotel I stayed at last June ?

Yup. A bit closer than the hotel you were in actually... :)

Edited by Yusoff

I wonder how can a relatively new aircraft face "fatigue" problem...

tell the investigators to look at MH old 737's birdie.....lol... :yahoo:

Edited by FK Wong

Hmm... and the 738 had maintainance the night day before the flight!

News reported that, a C-check has been done last month for this unlucky bird as well.

If you're from PEN, how many airlines send their A340 to PEN? None! and get to see one would be more than exciting for me. and it's not just for 1 day. it would be for many many days until CI lifted the banned on their B737...

and late afternoon yesterday, got to see Thailand's PM boarding his A300 as well as Pak Lah on his BBJ, and Hishamuddin, Rafidah and the gang boarding the private jet... you dont get to see this everyday, if you're in PEN...

Get the picture?... ehehee...

Got got got hehe :rolleyes:

From the perspective of outsiders, without further explanations, statement interpretation varies... :help:

Suddently it reminds me of the american airlines flight 191. Which also just finished some checked days before the crash, and the problem was related to pylon.

Details here & here.