MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Peter Smith

The Worlds Most Isolated City

WoW !! Awesome shots Tsentsan ! :clapping: 'HANTAM' :good: Never knew that SAA sent their SP to PER before..

Btw. where did you shoot that Douglas C-54..its right wheel seems punctured ? :help:

They were auctioning off the DC3, so the few of us went in as 'interested buyers' of the DC3. :-) I understand she was sold to a fella who lived near Bunbury and the a/c was subsequently shipped there. IIRC this is the same aircraft that was at the McDonalds some time back (no wonder there were Mac drink cups inside the cockpit). :)

Hi TsenTsan,

Terriffic shots! remember taking the USAF (BBJ) & Air New Zealand 763 with you.

Keep posting more of your oldies! Will catch up soon when up next...

Regards Greg

They were auctioning off the DC3, so the few of us went in as 'interested buyers' of the DC3. :-) I understand she was sold to a fella who lived near Bunbury and the a/c was subsequently shipped there. IIRC this is the same aircraft that was at the McDonalds some time back (no wonder there were Mac drink cups inside the cockpit). :)

Tsentsan, thanks for the info :drinks: The owner of Bunbury Flying School bought that DC3..

Tsentsan, Nice collection of photos from the past .... superb variety of interesting aircrafts. Love that SSSSSSPPPPPPPPPPPPP....

Back in business ... after weeks of no spotting. :) Just wanna share some normal birds under brilliant clear sky.

Gonna be history soon.

VH-EBY_YPPH_060908.jpg

Dutch lady with red blinky and some birds!

VH-FNJ_YPPH_060908.jpg

The other most often seen T-tail other than F100.

VH-NXL_YPPH_060908.jpg

Brunei 65

V8-RBS_YPPH_060908.jpg

Been months I last seen a New Zealand 767, this is NZ 175.

ZK-NCL_YPPH_060908.jpg

The usual suspect, EK420 came just before sunset. :)

A6-ERG_YPPH_060908.jpg

And I have a special guest spotting with me yesterday - Mr Quack Quack from my homeland. :pardon: This is his 'virgin' trip to the Kangaroos Land, so obviously he wanna shoot some 'Flying Kangaroos' n 'Virgins'. No problem ...

Wearing a red shirt to match the virgin colour, which also mean no 'blue boy' for him. :p

Ian-Lim_YPPH_060908.jpg

Later on, we were joined by local spotters - Glenn who is also a brightsider with a very powerful weapon. Lucky you Iggy! :p

Thanks for viewing. Cheers. :)

Hehehe.. Darksiders are elusive.. dont u noe? Nice shots there..a/c taken seems to be in a banking position.. where did u guys take those shots from? Domestic terminal? hope Quack quack behaves innocent with u Kian hehe.. :rofl:

Quacker was thrilled to see blue sky over downunder, and he's troubled with a total of 1100pictures taken during his 3 days visit :huh:

over at gate number 4 spot, we snapped a few before we went to the approached area. it was deemed too hazy(if you get what i mean). and yea, duckie brought in cloudless sunny day during his entire visit! :rolleyes:

skywest.jpg

i like this...she's cute

nation.jpg

we then moved on to the approach path. here's a shot of how it looks like :yahoo:

perth.jpg

ok...kangaroo is a must.

qantas-2.jpg

and since im wearing red, like what kian hong said, no blue boys for me :p sorry, buddy kekekekeke

virginblue.jpg

garuda with their 800

garuda.jpg

sq lining up two one. not so hazy at the time this photo was taken, and standing under 18km/h of flowing air in shorts and tshirts...i need more duckie feather to keep me heated up kekeke waka!!!

sq-1.jpg

to wrap up for the day, ek arrived at the so called dramatic evening light kekekeke....

emirates-1.jpg

many thanks to kianhong for the ride to the airport. mh departed after ek's arrival, and canceled sunday's flight not so sure for what reason. btw kianhong, ek has another flight arriving at midnight as well? :pardon:

Love the wide angle shot ... :good:

No worry about not having 'Virgin-ia Blue' , you had blue sky the whole day! Weather turn bad after you left. Today is all overcast and hazy.

Yup ... another EK arrive around midnight just after the late afternoon EK 421 depart.

No problem dude ... :drinks: :drinks: Glad that we are able to meet up for the first time after so long. See you back in KUL.

Fantastic shots Ian !! :clapping: Good catch of that Bae146 :good:

Looks like VH-NHF is still in US Airways livery..

perth.jpg

Some of my lousy contribution on a lousy wx today.. rain rain , overcast and strong gusty wind throughout the day <_>

1024DSC_1194.jpg

1024DSC_1212.jpg

Got the blue boy, but wshed she's alot closer to me!!

1024DSC_1276.jpg

Brunei workhorse!!!

1024bDSC_1317.jpg

Heading for Denpasar.. holiday destination =)

1024bDSC_1360-1.jpg

More to come.. as i edit them slowly :pardon:

OK what ... no heat haze what. :p

Any afternoon shots of runway 24 ops? Was runway 21 used for departure?

R21 was used for departure, but most arrival is on R24, left after 230pm as i was approached by BGC brick ppl on what i was snapping, i just told them i am spotting planes and had no intention to click on their factory/manufacturing plant what soever.. hahaha

I have a few sun lit shots from r24 and all were approach pics.. will upload progressively :pardon:

Some more additions.. mind the terrible wx that bugs me the whole day

caught springbok taxiing to active

1024bDSC_1425.jpg

Catching some Runwei 24 approach

QF 767

1024bDSC_1500.jpg

National Jet Avro

1024bDSC_1528.jpg

Virgin blue in red 738

1024bDSC_1464.jpg

QF 738 with sexy winglety

1024bDSC_1577.jpg

wah....very cloudy..no more blue sky. the weather is as 'good' as klia hehehe terminal can do spotting meh?

Ducky.. Perth Intl has a good viewing gallery.. hehehe , very little reflection also :pardon:

Good catch of NJT :clapping: It is the only RJ70 in Australia !!

...and some nice vortices some more !!! :good:

Hope to see her next year, guys ;)

Thanks a lot for sharing these interesting planes !!! :pardon: