MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Peter Smith

The Worlds Most Isolated City

Hi Kian Hong & all.

Compliments of the season to all MWingers!

Its a mock up resembling that of a B747SP with EUD, built of fibreglass construction and is moveable on wheels.

Used for anti-terrorist training and other training excersises for various agencies. Its been there for many

years and I recall it once carried the titles "Emu Airways".

Regards Greg

Edited by Greg Wood

Garuda sent big bird (PK-GPC) operating as Indonesia 726. :yahoo:

PK-GPC_YPPH_261208.jpg

Emirates 420 is in the form of A340-300, former SQ's bird (9V-SJG).

A6-ERO_YPPH_261208.jpg

Go Roos. :)

VH-VQH_YPPH_261208.jpg

Thanks for viewing. Cheers.

Can courier some blue sky back to KUL ? :p

Can ask Iggy to bring some back to Malaysia. We have plenty here. Blue sky for the next whole week. :)

Haha,, but i only have 15kg of blue sky luggage allowance... which i will certainly bring to Kuching hahaha.. :pardon: Nice catch Kianny, would love to join u next week onwards.. i'm fully occupied this weekend.. <_ haha..>

Haha,, but i only have 15kg of blue sky luggage allowance... which i will certainly bring to Kuching hahaha.. :pardon: Nice catch Kianny, would love to join u next week onwards.. i'm fully occupied this weekend.. <_ haha..>

Let's see what next week temperature forecast say, then we'll decide. Anything more than 35C, I'm not going! It's no joke standing under a cloudless blue sky, we'll be toasted in no time. =@

You see what I mean? The heat haze :angry: was so bad that I was a bit hesitate to upload this photo, but then you don't see 2 specials together everyday in PER. They were both taxiing for rwy 21 departure.

VH-VXB_YPPH_271208.jpg

OZjet brought some holiday-makers back from Bali.

VH-OBN_YPPH_271208.jpg

EK420 was again in the form of A343 (A6-ERT) with 4 hairdryers. :pardon:

A6-ERT_YPPH_271208.jpg

QF71 (VH-QPG) which was Singapore bound returned to PER after airborne for 2 hours. Not sure what happened. :huh:

VH-QPG_YPPH_271208.jpg

Thanks for viewing. Cheers. :)

Yeah.. when it comes to rare occurrence.. quality doesnt matter, its the sharing that matters. Next weeks wx really is scorching hot.. we'll see how it went then..

QF flight returning after two hours?? not another maintenance issue?

Air Asia X returned back to Perth and made an emergency landing. MAJOR HYDRAULIC PROBLEMS !

well the hydraulic loose was due to the o rings worn out associated to the green hydraulics system causing several leak and they had problems with the nose wheel stearing system too..thank god there was no disaster

Not sure what happened to QF71 really? But according to SBS log sent out by Stuart from SpottingWA. QF71 departed again at approx 2100LT. Could be anything... medical emergency, technical emergency etc etc.