MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Chan CS

Give Jala the boot, says Senators Club

Of course there is.. Isn't Idris was appointed in favour of our ex PM Dr Mahathir? or I am mistaken?

Really? What i meant was, these so called talking senators are in favor with some person that has 'cable' with them, instead of Idris in which i thought no 'cable' with them.

I thought Idris was appointed due to his good remarks at Shell or some petroleum companies or something? isnt it?

Well yes Air Asia do also have delay and some even cancel and force people to move to a later flight. Flight from KL to KK for the pass week have more then 4 flight cancel. How I know because all are been board by my friends. AK simple just send you sms mention that your flight have been delay to 1 or 2 hours and as you to board that flight. And alot of us will have a :angry: or :yahoo: it depend on case. For me delay we just treat as a bonus loh (think positively), why I can take more pictures and can hang around at the airport because I like the feel of it. I belive there are alot of guys here also same with me like to hang around at airport to enjoy the moment and take more pictures.

BTW Just a question pop up! MAS delay Idris have to leave, then AK delay should Tony be leave as well.

Yeah flight delay is normal thing and yet everyone don't like it. Even my self I also don't like delay. But for safety reason I rather delay then be sorry.

agree with you! think positively when receive a delay sms by airasia. :lol: the other day, the day i'm heading to KUL, just before i ready to go to the airport to check-in, i receive a sms by AirAsia regarding my return flight is retimed to 1 or 2 hours later. then i check-in earlier, once the counter open. then wait at the departure hall and do some light spotting also surfing the net through the Wi-fi.

actually IMO, the sms service quite not bad leh... :pardon:

Really? What i meant was, these so called talking senators are in favor with some person that has 'cable' with them, instead of Idris in which i thought no 'cable' with them.

I thought Idris was appointed due to his good remarks at Shell or some petroleum companies or something? isnt it?

Actually senator been appointed by the people.

The person running MAS is the people among us which been appointed by the people.

Who ever the senator so call know eveything and so smart should remember he is the people among us which been appointed by the people.

I rasa ini senator...kampung punya politik...tahu comment, tak da solution. :angry:

Let's isi the 50 th kemerdekaan dengan smart senator.

So next election we also can give the senators the boot! but opps.......cannot because unlike wakil rakyats that are elected by the rakyat, senators are usually political dead beats who are appointed by the ruling party. NOT chosen by the people but by their political patron to sit in the upper house as nothing more than rubber stamps.

So next election we also can give the senators the boot! but opps.......cannot because unlike wakil rakyats that are elected by the rakyat, senators are usually political dead beats who are appointed by the ruling party. NOT chosen by the people but by their political patron to sit in the upper house as nothing more than rubber stamps.

hmm no wonder these senators always amused me with their funny issues and comments. i always wonder if they got brains or not or do they do their homework/research before making any statements in an effort to make them look "smart" and "concerned"

I understand a senator is appointed by the PM for his or her 'illustrious service to society' (whatever that means). They are not elected as those Members of Parliament (MP) or Members of the State Legislative Assembly (ADUN).

In the past, Senators can't become ministers, but Dr M changed that (was it the constitution?) to make the present Second Finance Minister (a senator) as a minister.

An opposition MP once remarked that senators are 'political has beens'. I can see that since some of them are former MPs and ministers.

A senator can only be appointed for two terms.

On another note, I wonder why the rakyat has to be too patronizing to politicians..... kissing their hand etc. Even in Malay culture, kissing hands is when to seek forgiveness from parents during Hari Raya or other appropriate times.

Edited by Rozhan

FROM BERNAMA.COM

Idris Jala Laksana Tugas Dengan Baik, Kata Abdullah

SELINSING (Perak), 31 Julai (Bernama) -- Perdana Menteri Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi hari ini berkata gesaan supaya ketua pegawai eksekutif Malaysia Airlines (MAS) Datuk Idris Jala meletak jawatan berikutan berlakunya beberapa kelewatan dan pembatalan penerbangan MAS baru-baru ini merupakan suatu yang tidak wajar.

Ini kerana peneraju syarikat penerbangan nasional itu telah melaksanakan tugas yang cemerlang.

"Idris telah melaksanakan tugas dengan cemerlang, beliau seorang pengurus yang baik, saya tidak fikir perlu ada gesaan sedemikian oleh sahabat saya di Dewan Negara," kata Abdullah kepada pemberita di sini hari ini.

Perdana Menteri berkata demikian sebagai mengulas gesaan oleh Senator Tajulurus Mohd Zain dari bahagian UMNO Merbok supaya Idris meletak jawatan disebabkan oleh masalah penerbangan yang dihadapi oleh syarikat penerbangan itu sejak kebelakangan ini.

"Beliau (Idris Jala) telah memulihkan MAS," kata Abdullah, semasa memuji Idris yang telah mengembalikan syarikat Papan Utama itu mencatatkan keuntungan pada suku pertama tahun ini berbanding kerugian berterusan apabila Idris mengambil alih teraju syarikat penerbangan setahun setengah yang lalu.

Abdullah berkata "MAS menyedari tentang masalah yang mereka hadapi itu dan usaha telah dibuat untuk membetulkan keadaan" bagi memastikan penerbangan tepat pada masa.

"Terdapat beberapa kejayaan dan kelewatan masa dapat dikurangkan," kata beliau.

Selepas melawat pusat operasi MAS di Lapangan Terbang Antarabangsa KL semalam, Menteri Pengangkutan Datuk Seri Chan Kong Choy berkata Prestasi Tepat Masa (OTP) MAS kembali ke paras memuaskan apabila ia mencecah 75 peratus daripada OTP yang agak rendah pada purata 62 peratus.

Pada enam bulan pertama tahun ini, MAS mencatatkan OTP lebih 80 peratus.

"Kelewatan dikurangkan dan saya harap MAS dapat terus mengurangkannya," kata Abdullah.

Beliau menyuarakan keyakinan bahawa syarikat penerbangan nasional itu bersama 19,500 tenaga kerjanya serta pengurusan tertingginya akan berusaha sehingga MAS mengatasi masalah itu.

"Beliau (Idris Jala) mempunyai banyak keutamaan yang perlu ditangani dan pada masa yang sama memastikan apa yang beliau lakukan berjaya," kata Abdullah.

Idris, dilantik pada 1 Dis, 2005, untuk menerajui MAS yang mempunyai masalah kewangan, dan telah menyediakan pelan pemulihan yang membawa kepada syarikat penerbangan itu mencatatkan keuntungan sebanyak RM133 juta pada suku pertama tahun ini.

Menurut MAS, kelewatan penerbangan itu disebabkan oleh gabungan ketidaksediaan pesawat, masalah yang dikaitkan dengan pengenalan sistem perkhidmatan penumpang baru yang merangkumi sistem e-tiket, pengurangan masa transit B737 sebanyak lima minit, penutupan satu landasan serta cuaca.

-- BERNAMA

Just read bout this news moments ago.The senators were talking nonsense about giving Datuk Idris Jala the boot.He did very well and successfully turnaround MH.If he isn't appointed as MD,We'll had to bid farewell to MH,Just like Swissair and Sabena.

On behalf of the people who in favor of Idris Jala, I demand this 'oh-my-flight-got-delayed-so-let's-simply-kick-Idris-out' senator to make public apology to Idris Jala... fair enough? or better still, banned him from taking any MAS flights.

I think we should urge the government to give the senator the boot, because he failed to use his brain first before opening his mouth.

Edited by Radzi

I think we should urge the government to give the senator the boot, because he failed to use his brain first before opening his mouth.

I agreed, Idris Jalal has managed to turn around the airlines effectively and it's proven that his management works though grievances are inevitable for the time being..the politician should just keep their mouth shut and stop pretending they are hero :rolleyes:

If he does not have any brain, how can he use it?

The whole 'boot the Jala' scenario is just another routine attention grabber by these people in their relentless attempt to justify their position, IMHO.

I mean, let's cash in on the current so-called fiasco. Oh the MAS delays. Oh we are affected, aren't we? Let's make some noise and make it to the headlines. See, we can say something about the aviation industry too, you know, despite our being absolutely clueless.

Hurrraaahhhh....

Edited by Ewan Shamsudin

MAS Board Of Directors Backs Idris Jala

August 01, 2007 21:46 PM

KUALA LUMPUR, August 1 (Bernama) -- Malaysia Airlines (MAS) board of directors today threw their weight in support of chief executive officer Datuk Idris Jala following the series of delays that dogged the national airline's operations recently.

Although the board apologised to customers for inconveniences caused by the delays, MAS chairman Datuk Dr Munir Majid said they have full confidence in Idris and his management team to improve the on-time performance and staff morale.

"The board recognises that under Idris' leadership, the management and members of staff of the airline have achieved a stupendous turnaround of the company's financial performance when it was on the brink of insolvency not too many months ago," he said in a statement.

"This is no mean achievement and it will be built upon, even as the company faces operational and staff morale issues. The board is confident that Idris and his team are on top of these issues and will address them in a way that will satisfy internal and external stakeholders," he added.

In one of its recent delays, MAS had to apologise to Transport Minister, Datuk Seri Chan Kong Choy and Human Resources Minister, Datuk Seri Dr Fong Chan Onn for causing them to miss the Sabah Malaysian Chinese Association Convention.

However, Chan opted to back the national carrier, saying that he was happy that MAS made the right decision by delaying the flight as the aircraft had faced technical problems.

"The board also wishes to assure the company's customers and the public generally that at no time has safety and security been compromised," Munir said.

"The management fully understands and is totally committed to this consideration which comes well ahead of any other factor before an aircraft is allowed to fly. This has always been the case, and it was no different during recent spate of delays," he said.

Munir noted that the airline's on-time performance yesterday improved to 76.7 percent as operational and technical issues were being pinpointed, while further shortcomings and inadequacies both in standards and procedures, internal and external, have been identified and would be corrected.

He said while the turnaround plan was a massive one, some lessons have been learned on its implementation on how to spread it out, in time and process, and against sensitivities.

"What the board feels is important is that those lessons have been learned and that the airline moves on with the good management leadership that the company is fortunate to have in an industry which is intensely competitive," he added.

Munir said MAS has also set up a special task force comprising unions, associations and management members, to be led by chief financial officer Datuk Tengku Azmil Zahruddin, to address all staff issues and concerns, of which a number had been resolved.

According to him, the airline is now at the crossroads of achieving a complete turnaround under Idris, making it more competitive in a difficult industry.

Thus, he said, the board urged internal stakeholders to dedicate themselves with professionalism and discipline to the challenge even when issues arise, which could be resolved in good faith.

This thing doesn't matter, obviously he just want to be in the media, and the delay happen everyday to almost everyone, the life cycle.

Edited by Seth K

is normally scenario when the next general election is coming on....

because 'them' want to be popular and hope to be select as candidates in next election.

(rencah politik kosong)

Edited by M. Sofian H.