MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Colin Parker

MH 744 to Oasis?

A friend at Oasis has told me that a Malaysian 744 will be leased for 18 months and registered B-LFZ. It is apparently due in August. Does anyone know anything about this and where this aircraft is now? Is it 9M-MPG?

According to SZB thread. 3 Jumbo there.

9M-MPK and 9M-MPG (All white livery).. 9M-MPC parked outside awaiting slot after MPG..

last i heard MPG was sold? need confirmation on this. and one of them will go to SQ so the other one should be the one heading to Oasis.

Edited by Kevin Teh

According to SZB thread. 3 Jumbo there.

last i heard MPG was sold? need confirmation on this. and one of them will go to SQ so the other one should be the one heading to Oasis.

MPC is already confirmed as going to SQ, so that leaves MPG or MPK, if indeed the Oasis thing is true to begin with.

Sad to know...that and it seems like MAS B744 is now on a limited stock and soon disappear from the Malaysia skies....I wonder how they gonna cope with the situation...in between now till the 1st delivery of the A380S....and we dont even know will the super ugly whalejet will ever enter into service in MAS liverly or not.....I think, we may not see new destinations and increase in flight frequencies...at least for the coming years...Seems like the B777 will now be workhose for the long haul flight now.. :rolleyes:

It is better to see the aircraft have better utilization rather than seeing few jumbo sitting on the ground doing nothing ;)

I agreed but that indirectly implies that MH will soon short of wide body aircraft,,and probably that will restrict them from increasing frequencies and new destinations.....The current destinations that MH flies should remain intact for a while..in view of that fleets are reducing. At the same time, planes are ageing... :rolleyes:

What a shock!

Seems that Oasis is getting her B744 from ANA is slowing down at the moment?

How come they have just received the ex JA404A but not the rest of two.

And now there is a news about this MH B744 as B-LFZ, so what's going on?

BTW, grad to see you here, Colin. :drinks:

9M-MPG is confirmed leasing to Oasis under 18 months period as B-LFZ.

The no. of B744 remaining would be 13 as 9M-MPC and 9M-MPE went to SQ and 9M-MPA is inactive now.

9M-MPG is confirmed leasing to Oasis under 18 months period as B-LFZ.

The no. of B744 remaining would be 13 as 9M-MPC and 9M-MPE went to SQ and 9M-MPA is inactive now.

And with MPK and MPM having the old cabins, that means just 11 in active service, ties in with the number states in Going Places.

No slow down for the ANA 744s to Oasis. Second one is still due in October as originally planned.

I have heard that the Malaysian lease has been cancelled by Oasis despite it being painted already. Has anyone heard anything?

Wow very interesting news there colin ..

Have no idea about that but looks rather strange that test flight has been done and its all good but yet its still not going anywhere ..

No slow down for the ANA 744s to Oasis. Second one is still due in October as originally planned.

I have heard that the Malaysian lease has been cancelled by Oasis despite it being painted already. Has anyone heard anything?

Wow! This will be a bit of a shocking news to me.

Just have to keep watch on how this will develope .... :blink: :blink:

S V,

9M-MPC visited AMS on 17aug07 in full MH colours on MH016/017, so apparently lease fell through... :o

(see Flight Logbook section for other MH visitors at AMS)

few days ago, when i hang on AM, i saw some pix of one of the MAS 744 in full Star Alliance livery, with SQ's title. but at there also mentioned that after few days, the aircraft paint back to whole white. any idea what happen?