MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ellist

AK flight emergency landing

I heard from a friend in kl that an AK flight to BKI just now 9pm need to return back to KLIA due to engine problem...Luckily the aircraft has landed safely...

woohhhhh... :o

Yup, I heard it on Lumpur approach north at around 9.50pm. Glad everyone is safe.

No wonder they were not ready for approach yet... had to burn all the fuel. Hopefully TF forgive them for not continuing the flight.

Any idea what aircraft?

Edited by Khaled

Had anything happened, nobody would forgive them.

But then...., a few weeks on, it'll be 'business as usual'.

Where did they do the fuel dumping? Port Dickson? (Hmm no wonder the beach is so dirty...)

Normally aircraft like B737 or A320 don't have the fuel dumping... They have to circle and circle around the sky to burn all the fuel. I beleive this is the case... Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Normally aircraft like B737 or A320 don't have the fuel dumping... They have to circle and circle around the sky to burn all the fuel. I beleive this is the case... Please correct me if I'm wrong.

As for the B737, you're right, no fuel dumping available. Not so sure about the A320. For KUL fuel are dumped over the sea north-west of the city somewhere over the middle of the Straits of Malacca; the fuel will evaporate long before it ever hit the ground / water.

Don't expect to see this incident reported in the mainstream media.

Edited by Radzi

As for the B737, you're right, no fuel dumping available. Not so sure about the A320. For KUL fuel are dumped over the sea north-west of the city somewhere over the middle of the Straits of Malacca; the fuel will evaporate long before it ever hit the ground / water.

Don't expect to see this incident reported in the mainstream media.

Actually I have a question again, how if the aircraft is not capable of flying anymore but still with lots of fuel in the tank, what will the pilot normally do?

Well, their PR is known to be good!

Actually I have a question again, how if the aircraft is not capable of flying anymore but still with lots of fuel in the tank, what will the pilot normally do?

Well, their PR is known to be good!

adding on to this the Air bus in kuching came in almost immediately so i don't think fuel was dumped. .The pilot was very confident about the problem He was asking for the tow truck before he landed

Sorry for going OT.

If you are above MLW then you either burn off the fuel or dump it down, but only if you have time for it. Otherwise it will be overweight landing, which is just as safe but the engineers will have to check the aircraft later for any overstress.

The choice of either to overstress an aircraft or to die is a no-brainer. :drinks:

adding on to this the Air bus in kuching came in almost immediately so i don't think fuel was dumped .....

My guess - the MH 330 ex-KCH flying to KUL probably not having a full fuel load. Hence could not be very much over MLW as alluded to by Capt R before. The AK bird ex-KUL flying to BKI was probably carrying much more fuel for the planned longer journey, and this fuel load would have been a very much bigger proportion of the weight of a smaller bird. Therefore probably well over it's MLW

737 MTW and MLW have not much different, it can land without dumping any fuel, it's up to the pilot to decide

Sorry for going OT, today another MH A330 AOG in kch, but left before 5pm, whats wrong with mh busses??? It's kindda like a trend in kuching <_>

Sorry for going OT, today another MH A330 AOG in kch, but left before 5pm, whats wrong with mh busses??? It's kindda like a trend in kuching <_>

sorry for OT again... because last time they play enough at BKI. :lol: now change playground. :p

737 MTW and MLW have not much different, it can land without dumping any fuel, it's up to the pilot to decide

For B737-4H6:

MTOW 62822 kg

MLW 54884 kg

MZFW 51255 kg

read from other forum, the hurt bird is 9M-AAC. Anyone can confirm this?

Sign in to follow this