MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
adrianqcs

MAS to look into replacing B737-400s

30 - 737-8H6 with winglets. and 10 - 787 series. Delivery 2009 to 2011.

I can imagine doing the walkaround...hmm...hehe

30 - 737-8H6 with winglets. and 10 - 787 series. Delivery 2009 to 2011.

Azahan's wet dream. Posting in your sleep?

But then again, could be my dream as well. How we sometime wish those dreams will come true.

and..... 10 B777-3H6/ER, delivery 2008. Crew training to start now.....

From A.net

Boeing still has a few UFO 787 orders listed- namely

July 28th 2006- 2x 788

Sept 15th 2006 11x 788

Jan 18th 2007 2x 788

Jan 24th 2007 2x 788

Mar 13th 2007 15 x 78X

MH orders??

Hopefully this order comes out soon.. anyone have any idea what production schedules are like for Boeing and Airbus at the moment??? I think both A320/737NG lines are pretty maxed out from memory.. Boeing was pushing MH to order sometime at the end of 2005 as they guaranteed delivery by early 2007, but what would the situation be like now?

hmmm I like the use of the word "longer-range narrow-bodies"... the A321? NAAAHHH! the A320? NAAAAHHH!! The B738/739ER! YEEEAAHHH BABY! 73H please!
hehehehe

Both a/c have their pro's and con's, but no doubt the 737 has proved itself across the MH network, and thanks to AK's rather large spending spree's at Airbus, i'm sure Boeing is very keen ($$$) to get another Malaysian deal!

737NG is certainly very versatile, take QF for example operating 30min sectors SYD-CBR, to 6hr 30min sectors CNS-SIN with them no worries what so ever!

I prefer B737NG and the B787 ....The A320s just looks ugly in MAS colors....Boeing should offers great duscount to MAS for such a big purchase so as to make MAS stay away from its competitior Airbus. Since the delivery slots for Boeing 737NG may be full...hopefully it will includes some 737X too..... :rolleyes:

Pleased to be of assistance. ;)

You do realize you are undermining world order here ? :)

Just for a moment try to visualize A & B agreeing on anything, where would that place 'C'

'C' being the rest of the world, meaning you and me !!

Like Capt. said, the choice is too obvious, there are little chances that MH will order the opposite. MH near-attempt 737 order in 2004 and canceled after realizing their current situation, they stick with 737 back then, so why worry? Going back to MH statement that they will stick to two types one company, if they choose A320, then they will probably hv to pickup A350 as well, which is well, not possible, but if they get 737, then 787 is the pick. Rumour suggested Boeing, and I promise it will be it! I hope :rolleyes:

MH order definitely will be big, so both manufacturers/countries/politician will give MH a hard time to choose...

Edited by Seth K

Like Capt. said, the choice is too obvious, there are little chances that MH will order the opposite. MH near-attempt 737 order in 2004 and canceled after realizing their current situation, they stick with 737 back then, so why worry? Going back to MH statement that they will stick to two types one company, if they choose A320, then they will probably hv to pickup A350 as well, which is well, not possible, but if they get 737, then 787 is the pick. Rumour suggested Boeing, and I promise it will be it! I hope :rolleyes:

MH order definitely will be big, so both manufacturers/countries/politician will give MH a hard time to choose...

Yes, exactly, there is chances of MAS picking up AIRBUS should they cancel the A380S. If MAS choose to have 2 fleets, the B787 and B737NG will probably be the best pick..then :drinks:

You do realize you are undermining world order here ? :)

Like I said, from a pax perspective - the choice between A320 and 737 is akin to po-tay-toes vs po-tar-toes.

Of course there might be operational issues to consider, but as a pax sitting onboard and not perceiving any difference in inflight comfort - I could hardly care. ;)

Now when we talk about other aircraft however......

Edited by Keith T

Like I said, from a pax perspective - the choice between A320 and 737 is akin to po-tay-toes vs po-tar-toes.

Of course there might be operational issues to consider, but as a pax sitting onboard and not perceiving any difference in inflight comfort - I could hardly care. ;)

Now when we talk about other aircraft however......

I certainly hope that passengers view will be taken into considerations, apart from political issues :rolleyes:

I certainly hope that passengers view will be taken into considerations, apart from political issues :rolleyes:

Often considered but not influential. <_>

MH yet to issue request for proposal on planes

Bussiness Times

• MALAYSIA Airlines (MAS), which will retire its ageing B737-400 and buy new aircraft for subsidiary Firefly, has yet to issue a request for proposal (RFP) to aircraft manufacturers

• The last RFP issued by MAS to aircraft manufacturers in late 2005 has lapsed. MAS was then looking at more than 40 A320 or B737-700/800 to replace its B737-400.

• Boeing's proposal to MAS comprised the B737-800, B737-900 and the B737-900X, while Airbus was offering its A320 and A350.

• An aviation industry source said that MAS had a meeting with Singapore Aircraft Leasing Enterprise recently to explore the possibility of leasing some B737NG to replace the "B737-400

• Shukor Yusof, an aviation analyst with Standard and Poor's equity research in Singapore, said a logical replacement for the ageing B737-400 would be the B737-800, which have the advantages of being more fuel-efficient and longer-range.

• On Firefly's requirements, Shukor noted that MAS has been looking at the Embraer aircraft for a couple of years. "I suppose they are considering these on the Firefly routes. Apart from the Embraers, I would expect MAS to consider Bombardier as well," he said.

• "The Embraer 170/190 family provides airlines with a new-generation family of commercial aircraft with 70- to 110-seat capacity. The aircraft allows airlines to optimise route economics in markets where current aircraft is too small and narrow-body, single-aisle aircraft with 120 seats or more is too large," Embraer Asia-Pacific managing director Orlando Neto said

Boeing... Boeing... Boeing...!!!! 738 please...!!

I hope to see a mixture of Boeing 738NG and Boeing 737RS as by the time when the aircraft is delivered, the B737RS should have been developed. Now, MAS has launched Firefliez and so..Embraer has hope again :clapping:

I think its going to be A320, although I wish to see 737NG in MAS color

Airbus has been very 'aggrasive' for the past couple of years to increase its share, in the expense of the profit margin. Now that A380 is delayed, MAS will be offered huge discounts & perhaps another landing right in europe if they choose A320 .

from the points of view of a spotter, 737NG is the best. :p :good:

btw Kenneth, what is 737RS? <_<

Too many airbuses in Malaysian Skys huh?