MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sneeze Lam

Spotting in Hong Kong

Very nice back ground. Hope will have a chance to spot one day.

Come Come Come. Sneeze is always ready for any of you guys come to visit me....................................during weekend or notice prior for apply day off.

Come Come Come. Sneeze is always ready for any of you guys come to visit me....................................during weekend or notice prior for apply day off.

Hope the day will comes. Simon, interested to visit Sneeze????

Hope the day will comes. Simon, interested to visit Sneeze????

I'm interested to go any where, i think that's everyone interest :lol::lol::lol: but need to save some $$$ first :(:(:(

Edited by Simon

Spotting with Standard lens @ VHHH

(with the 28-105mm lens)

Hi guys, i've manage to get a DSLR recently (450D) [finally join the photography world] :drinks:

Went alone with Sneeze :good:

After a day of great experience, i truly understand the excitement, enjoyment and entertainment of plane spotting :yahoo:

here are some of the photos:

(sorry about the quality :sorry: )

IMG_1350-wallpaper.jpg

IMG_0838-0.jpg

IMG_0334-0.jpg

IMG_1333-0.jpg

IMG_0374-0.jpg

IMG_0404-0.jpg

IMG_0668-0.jpg

IMG_0705-0.jpg

IMG_0820-0.jpg

IMG_0866-0.jpg

IMG_1172-2.jpg

IMG_1193-0.jpg

IMG_1031-0.jpg

IMG_1267-0.jpg

afternoon traffice that i've not seen for my own eyes..nice shots derek :good:

Thanks Ian :drinks:

Derek, nice coverage with different traffic. :clapping:

Hope to see more in the future. :pardon:

Thanks Chaity, i will. But the point is - i've only have a 18-55mm lens.

So unless I get my own or some kind spotting would like to lend me their spare lens; i don't think there is a point for me to go.

Because even with the 28-105mm (borrow from Sneeze) it’s still not good enough for spotting.

Instead of spending days after days taking bad quality photos, I think a Job would be a better for the mean time. :rolleyes:

Now it’s the time to save money ! :yahoo:

Edited by Derek Siu

So unless I get my own or some kind spotting would like to lend me their spare lens; i don't think there is a point for me to go.

Because even with the 28-105mm (borrow from Sneeze) it’s still not good enough for spotting.

Great start, Derek. :good:

You might want to consider these lenses. 661.gif

> Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS - review HERE

> Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 USM IS - review HERE - I have this one and am very happy with it. :D

> Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 USM IS - review HERE - I have this one and am very happy with it. :D

Consider the 55-250mm IS. That's the lens I have in mind for spotting. Plus it's cheap, I think way cheaper than the 70-300mm.

Consider the 55-250mm IS. That's the lens I have in mind for spotting. Plus it's cheap, I think way cheaper than the 70-300mm.

Yes, and way lighter! I got the 70-300 before the 55-250 appeared.

Great shots, Derek: they are taken from the Obs-deck ? :huh:

Love the Oryx 346 :pardon:

Oh the 28-105mm you borrow from Sneeze, i see. Get at least 200mm for spotting aircraft. Cheers.

I'm starting to save $ for it, so i will see what should get by then ( may be there are some new lens being release later on, or prize drop etc )

thanks for your suggestion :rolleyes:

Thanks Naim for your suggestion. I did thought about the EF 70-300, but might got straight for a "L" series

Hi Waiping, is that the one with DC motor ? if it is, won't that be a bit slow for focus ?

Yes, and way lighter! I got the 70-300 before the 55-250 appeared.

Nice catches there Derek..

lovely Qatari A346 :yahoo:

Great shots, Derek: they are taken from the Obs-deck ? :huh:

Love the Oryx 346 :pardon:

Thanks guys :drinks:

Raj & beloved Pieter, Qatar 346 is my favorite of the day too :drinks: (using as wallpaper at the moment :yahoo: )

Yes Pieter, taken from the Obs-deck. It was Ok taking photos of large aircraft which lands on 25R, sadly 25L is a bit further away for the lens i used :sorry:

Oh the 28-105mm you borrow from Sneeze, i see. Get at least 200mm for spotting aircraft. Cheers.

Guys, please emotion Derek to save for goodies, but please help not to poison him, thanks, :clapping: :clapping:

My opinion to Derek is.....always consider an EF rather than a EF-S. Cause no one know when you will change to a full frame. And I think either 70-300 (w/o IS) or 75-300 is nice, any objection ?

70-300 is sharp enough somehow regarding $$$

P.S. Can admin merge this topic to the VHHH spotting one?

Nice backdrop there, Sneeze !!!

This 773 still sports the "Groupe Air France" nose-decal i.s.o. the more common "Air France/KLM" one nowadays...

Suddenly, HKIA has been to the most visited place in my life other than my home and office. No wonder, my cousin Derek is now so interested (die hard) to spotting. I have already been with him spotting in HKIA for two Sunday. Scheduled to have the next session the coming weekend again. Well, I can't imagine how a well cooked lobster I will be.

Anyway, would take this chance to input energy to this topic.......share you guy some highlights of the day.

One World One Dream.....in harmony! It was in HKG on 080808, the day of the opening ceremony. And once-in-a-blue-moon, it visited HKG also the day of closing.

Was that an arrangement there?! Anyway, I guess if I say the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games are full of wonder, you may agree with me.

0824-b-6075_7547mw.jpg

Other than the torch relay painted A332, here we got another but frequent visitor

0824-b-18305_8286mw.jpg

When you think it is time to have some boring daily traffic, surprise always comes to you. She was approaching as CX9991, which is a training flight.

0824-b-kpf_7777mw.jpg

Short aircrafts seem to be the winner of this colorful painted game, but yet, China Eastern says, NO!

0824-b-6055_7815mw.jpg

Come on guys~Special painted attractives have all presented, so what I can retain your finger keep rolling on the mouse?

Maybe.......these can help

B-16710, B773ER from Eva, before that, Eva sent also B-16709.

0824-b-16710_8190mw.jpg

Eye catching livery presenting by Hong Kong Airlines.

0824-b-kbp_8527mw.jpg

Hong Kong Express latest member, but follow with Hong Kong Airlines' reg. No more B-KX_ for the future?

0824-b-kbq_8319mw.jpg

Gaint man always shows his powerful arm to support the global.

0824-n516mc_8567mw.jpg

A343? A345? or B772LR you prefer? Anyway her previous A345 should back to HKIA soon, to be brought by Kingflisher.

0824-c-fiuj_7871mw.jpg

Oh, how come that is full white in color? Is that really China Airlines would like to sell it out?

0824-b-18722_8495mw.jpg

Thanks for your viewing. :drinks: