MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sneeze Lam

Spotting in Hong Kong

Waaah Nice looking traffic there Sneeze :good:

the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games damn nice.. fuuuh~!!

Wonderful shots there Derek n Sneeze.. lucky to get all the colourful liveries out there.. :drinks:

Thanks guys for your mid-night support :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Sorry that I have missed this tiny lady. She pushed me off my bed and requested me to show you guys here right now <_>

0824-rp-c3194_8604mw.jpg

nice series of photos from HKG, thanks Sneeze :D

They should've send B-KPF to KUL instead of using it for training flight :p

HKIA is one of my favourite international airports of all time. Not ony the traffic's volume and variety is astounding, the glass and steel structure is pleasing to the eye and absolutely spotter friendly. Access to the windows to photograph planes is a simple affair.

Here are some shots from my archive...

100_9707.jpg

Tails...

100_9709.jpg

More tails...

100_9728.jpg

And even more!

100_9708.jpg

CEA's new addition, the A330-200.

100_9729.jpg

ANA's Yokoso-liveried 767-300 on one of their numerous HKG-NRT runs.

100_9719.jpg

Smell my German gas! Could this be a day-time HKG-FRA flight?

100_9732.jpg

I was half expecting an Israeli secret agent to be pouncing on me after this shot was taken. Thankfully, nothing happened.

100_9734.jpg

Beautiful, sleek, slender... What else about the A346 that has not been said? Must have been my lucky day because there was another A346 belonging to CEA in the background - with special livery to boot!

Woah, what a variety..

Good shots there Sneeze and Ryan.

Thanks for sharing guys :drinks:

Hi,

Can you advise your location for landing pictures please.

Regards Greg

That is a spot out of the airport island. If you wish to go there you need to take a ride of boat/ walk.

Some pictures as a passenger :)

vhhha.jpg

On taxiway V to the southern terminal

tg.jpg

Thai Airways

b-hlq1.jpg

Cathay on tow, hold short off J8

hk1.jpg

Sneeze Lam,

Thanks for the reply, but would need more specific detail as to how to get there. We arrive in HKG in Mid January.

Staying 4 days any more detailed info appreciated.

Regards Greg

Sneeze Lam,

Thanks for the reply, but would need more specific detail as to how to get there. We arrive in HKG in Mid January.

Staying 4 days any more detailed info appreciated.

Regards Greg

I don't know how to explain, but this site can help.

http://www.hkplanes.com/newguide/location9.html

Scheduled ferry

This service is operated by Fortune Ferry (tel: 2994 8155). It departs from Tung Chung New Development Pier and arrives at the main pier at Sha Lo Wan. The ferry service is infrequent and often unreliable. There is a walk of about 30 minutes to reach the spot.

Unscheduled ferry

This is an informal service operated by the villagers living in Sha Lo Wan. To book a ferry (you just need to call 15 minutes in advance), call the operator of the service on their mobile phone at tel: 9190 0298. However, they only speak Cantonese and it will be nearly impossible to communicate with them if you don't speak the language, or have someone with you that can do the calling. Assuming you do, ask them to pick you up from the unofficial 'pier' next to the China Light and Power sub-station. Tell them you're going to the small pier at Sha Lo Wan. They charge on a per-person basis and prices can vary, so do agree a price before the journey. On your return journey, again call them about 15 minutes before you plan to return to Tung Chung. Please note that this is an unofficial service, the operator is not insured and is only allowed to take 3 passengers at a time.

weather was superb, azahan! still, i cursed so badly when i made a mistake for not hugging my lovely 'wife' during t/o and have her ready on departure out of vhhh <_>

hkgoverview2.jpg

see what i mean? i had full control of my fren's point and shoot <_>

Wow Sneeze, getting to that spot (and back) seems like an adventure by its own right !

Considering how sparse Chep Lap Kok looked when it first opened, and the amount of traffic your pics show nowadays, I can't help but suspect the place will be facing congestion again in not too very distant future, future planning and all aside :)

Wow Sneeze, getting to that spot (and back) seems like an adventure by its own right !

Considering how sparse Chep Lap Kok looked when it first opened, and the amount of traffic your pics show nowadays, I can't help but suspect the place will be facing congestion again in not too very distant future, future planning and all aside :)

Hi Tam,

you may say so if you can't speak Cantonese.

Anyway, I have an opposite opinion as you regarding the CLK traffic. You know what? Today Mainland and Taiwan has just started the weekday direct charter flights. For a whole week, there are about 101 flights and at most about 110 flights per week regarding the signed agreement. New destinations are also added, including Shenzhen.

All the "charter" flights are flying DIRECTLY (Really directly now, before the flights have to fly via HK VIR, but now it is not necessarily). It is not hard to predict how the drop of flights not ONLY by those Chinese and Taiwan carriers, but CX and KA.

True, totally agreed - I will have to take back all I said !

(My previous reply done before I saw news of recent air agreement between Taiwan and mainland China) :)

Couldn't be damaging Hong Kong that hard with the planned direct flights. It will reduce the pax amount, but HK do not pride herself on solely relying on providing Taiwan - China flights.

Anyway, the ability to adapt constant changes and challenges seemed to be the biggest asset of Hong Kongers.