Lufthansa in SZB

Juz to add some updates...here:

Very busy in front...

100_8863.jpg

...and behind.

100_8864.jpg

Me and my colleague

100_8867.jpg

The port wing. Far end is MAS A333, 9M-MKF to be dispatched this friday. Overtime, overtime!!! :p

100_8868.jpg

Lufthansa

100_8869.jpg

hehe... :lol:

Jerry,.. damn lucky u to be able to get a close hand look at szb hangars... what more to click on Lufthansa's jumbo.. and last pix, why inside kosong one? where are the chairs?? u sapu/walap back to ur hostel ka? hehehe :D :crazy:

Jerry, what have you done to LH 747 :D

Thanx for the update, wow, can you photograph the retrofit stages??

Keep more coming!!

and last pix, why inside kosong one? where are the chairs?? u sapu/walap back to ur hostel ka? hehehe :D :crazy:

i'm sitting on them now....hahaha! :lol: kidding!

Lufthansa D-ABVL kan retrofit, so cabin all empty la...even floorboards removed!

Retrofit stages, sure can snap them; but hopefully can la....next week i'll be having course (Class), hopefully i'll always go down for photograph taking. :lol:

This machine look shiny... Do it already been washed & polished ??

Lufthansa aircraft are always shining; due to German 'gruendlichkeit' or 'thoroughness' I think, they're washed a lot more than AF/KL planes :lol:

What are they going to do with the old seats? Are they selling them? :p I hope I could get one of those seats so I can put them in my room when I move to a new house next year, provided the price is within my budget. :rolleyes:

Edited by LWwong

...continued...

Empty but messy cabin

100_8873-1.jpg

Hanging wires & cables

100_8879-1.jpg

Her cockpit

100_8878-1.jpg

I never imagine I could take her cockpit this close!

100_8884-1.jpg

Engine #1 taken out

100_8893-1.jpg

Ma humps!

100_8896-1.jpg

Ape-pee-U!

100_8897-1.jpg

Ah, here're the seats!

100_8900-1.jpg

Discussing, meeting...so busy!

100_8901-1.jpg

TAME 63 busy working~blury night vision!

100_8899-1.jpg

Christmas present?

100_8898.jpg

:pardon:

Jerry, can visit pass be pruchase as well! Are the seat will be recycle?

Excellent, this one will get the new First and Biz seat? And same old no PTV economy seat?

Looks like you guys have so much fun out there than me at school :angry: :D

Edited by Seth K

IF THE SEATS CAN BE PURCHASED PLS LET ME KNOW

Hahaha...I would love to have them too.

I heard that Lufthansa will take back their old seats. I dont think anyone can simply purchase them. :D Not that i know of!

Jerry, can visit pass be pruchase as well! Are the seat will be recycle?

Excellent, this one will get the new First and Biz seat? And same old no PTV economy seat?

Looks like you guys have so much fun out there than me at school :angry: :D

Hahaha...nice one lah dude! :clapping:

I donno what the germans gonna do with the old seats. They're making more First class seats & reducing the economy seats. Currently upper deck zone, zone A & B are First class, now, they're extending it to zone C. Zone D & E remain economy class.

Jerry,

Nice shots of the Luthansa there..

thanks for Updating them..

eh Jerry...find me some 'christmas present' from lufty :lol:

LOL! A broken wire from cabin? :p

Merry Christmas!

IF THE SEATS CAN BE PURCHASED PLS LET ME KNOW

Gavin, for your skyline ke ??

I think I know that guy, just his head visible behind those seats... :lol:

Hafiz maybe...

Jerry, your close-up windscreen shot, more look like B-2 to me.. :)

u better watchout next time, QA is always around..

Edited by Mohd Idham

Lufthansa aircraft are always shining; due to German 'gruendlichkeit' or 'thoroughness' I think, they're washed a lot more than AF/KL planes :lol:

Pieter - Does the KLM planes ever gets washed :huh: :blink: ... especially PH-BFA :rofl:

I heard, actually I saw the thumbnails section of Star today, saw a picture of flooded Hangar at SZB!! Is this new or old?

LATEST.. She will be ferry to KUL on 6/1/2007 @ 0900LT.. Pick up the pax at KLIA and back to her home. Incoming aircraft will be ferry to SZB for the same check. :good:

The Germans are known for their precision in everything, so with this job well done in good time, I'm sure it left a very good impression of MAS MRO services. To get work by LH should be a great endorsment for MAS.

OT, but to add to Gavin's post, indeed furnishings on planes are not paid any tax for, and that includes the pillows and blankets etc. Had a chat with a Royal Malaysian Customs 'preventive department' relative of mine to confirm this, after someone mentioned about Customs checking on pax baggage at BKI for liberated blankets somewhere in this forum. (By the way the Customs has no interest whatsoever in checking for pilfered airline articles in pax baggage. To check for airline blankets in luggage at BKI is beyond the scope of their duty)

The same goes with furnishings in hotels e.g. service ware, towels etc. If such items go missing when people take them home (!), the airlines and hoteliers are answerable to the Customs as the inventory has to be tracked properly, before being written off.

Edited by Rozhan

This evening, Mas Hangar Production Line 08 had a handover ceremony to lufthansa.

To seth k, the picture you mentioned was at mas hangar 1 or also known as old hangar which is at line 3 where the berjaya air rent the facilities there.

Sign in to follow this