Etihad Airways

EY 406

KLIA (KUL), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 15:00

Abu Dhabi International (AUH), Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates 18:15

Non-stop

7h15min

Daily except Saturday

Great news for Etihad :good:

BTW, will they send their A380-if they still contain the order?

I guess they'll have good nightstop here in KUL as I'm sure some of their pilots want to get home.

check today's The Star....Etihad is looking for staff for their KL office...

Edited by Fairul

According to Amadeus.net, they are scheduled to start by mid-January 2007.

Departs AUH: 0240

Arrives KUL: 1330

Departs KUL: 1500

But still no press release yet?

Great news for Etihad :good:

BTW, will they send their A380-if they still contain the order?

EY got 5 firms. We will only see their 380 here only if they make KUL their hub to the Aus/NZ :) We should also consider ourselves very lucky if they ever send their 77W here. By the way, the 343 is ex-SQ and it's the only 343 they have (Reg : A6-EYC).

Edited by Isaac

It's getting busy at KUL :lol:

Europeans & Malaysians have even more choice now to fly between Europe and KUL via the Middle-East:

via KWI on KU

via DXB on EK

via AUH on EY

via DOH on QR

and not to forget:

via THR on IR

via TAS on HY

Wonder how EK will react to this 'neighbour' airline starting up flights between UAE and Malaysia ?

Captain,

No doubt the crews will stay at least one night in KUL (for WRR reasons) :good:

via KWI on KU

via DXB on EK

via AUH on EY

via DOH on QR

EY is probably the best option here :p Have flown both EK & QR short-hauls. It wasn't impressive but i think everybody deserves a second chance :)

EK/EY/QR, the cheapest way to Europe :p

Edited by Isaac

Great News Indeed..

All the best to them and hopefully they do well and stay at KUL..

don't forget guys - you can also travel from Europe to Malaysia:

via MCT by GF;

via JED by SV;

via SAH/DXB by IY

via CMB by UL

via MAA/DEL/BOM by AI

apparently a LCC from beijing called xiedu airlines is planning to start flights to KUL using 737NG (from airliner world magazine).

and according to justplanes.com; AI is looking for a 767-300ER to start BOM-DEL-KUL and BOM-DEL-BKK flights.

KUL is slowly but steadily expanding. Looking forward to AY and SU starting flights. We now need BA/AF back and another american carrier - perhaps NW may consider an A330 flight from NRT.

Speaking of NRT - NH should reconsider and fly from NRT rather than KIX.

well - KUL is one of the top 50 airports in the world out of thousands - airlines can't stop ignoring us for too long.

my two cents worth..

We now need BA/AF back and another american carrier - perhaps NW may consider an A330 flight from NRT.

AF will not come back to KUL for the next few years, as KL is the 'dedicated carrier' of the AF-KL holding...

NW - would be nice, but politically I don't think this will happen as long as this US president is 'in power' :(

NW - would be nice, but politically I don't think this will happen as long as this US president is 'in power' :(

*** OFF TOPIC ***

In office for 2 more years

"In power" until January when the Democrats take over both Houses.

Hopefully he can't do too much damage to America anymore.

Speaking of NRT - NH should reconsider and fly from NRT rather than KIX.

They used to fly in from NRT with their own metal but it didn't work for them. If i'm not mistaken, they used the 772.

well.. hope the new comers will not be new leavers.. n may them stay forever in KUL.. welcome EY..

It's EY. So we all don't have to worry that much :p

Do I 'smell' something here or just a spotter's wish? :huh: :blink: :rofl:

I know a Cayenne is not similar to a Trail... :rofl: :rofl:

Mmm..............Interesting comments Mr. Norman. Indication of anything to happen? Haha :lol:

Amyway, I figure a B773ER should do no harm, as we seldom get this bird here at KUL

Not to kill this topic, but isn't it great if United can fly to Malaysia via Vietnam, currently they fly to Vietnam. So, our Mr. Sim can joy ride on UA 744 to KUL instead of VN320 :drinks:

Official press release

Etihad to fly to Kuala Lumpur

18 November 2006

ABU DHABI — Etihad Airways has announced that it will operate a six flights-per-week service between Abu Dhabi and Kuala Lumpur from January 15 next year.

“This non-stop service between the UAE and Malaysian capitals is set to be one of our most popular, with a high volume of traffic direct from the Middle East, and also from Europe looking to travel via Abu Dhabi to Malaysia on business or vacation,” said James Hogan, CEO, Etihad Airways.

Kuala Lumpur is a popular destination for UAE and other Gulf nationals due to the flexible visa requirements, and the advanced medical facilities available there.

“Malaysia and the UAE enjoy strong cultural ties in addition to vibrant economies. We expect business executives and leisure travellers based in both countries to fly frequently with Etihad on this new service, further enhancing trade links,” added Hogan.

According to latest government figures, Malaysia is importing more goods from the UAE, with the total trade between the two countries reaching $606 million (Dh2.2 billion) in the last two years.

Kuala Lumpur will be Etihad’s fourth destination in the Far East, following the successful double-daily service to Bangkok.

Edited by Seth K

Not to kill this topic, but isn't it great if United can fly to Malaysia via Vietnam, currently they fly to Vietnam. So, our Mr. Sim can joy ride on UA 744 to KUL instead of VN320 :drinks:

****OFF TOPIC****

I wish UA can fly from Los Angeles via Vietnam or Taipei ;) :rolleyes: because I want UA to be the very first US airline to operate in Malaysia :good: :pardon: .

Edited by Andrew Ong

KLIA would be very peak airports among the world :clapping: !!! Now more and more airlines coming to KUL .That is very good news!!!! :drinks:

Yeah, slow growth, at least growing. I would love to see more competion on KUL-SIN vv route with Silk Air, AirAsia and Tiger Airways could join in. For international, I expect PAL to return soon with Transaero will be back soon too. Oman air can fly to CGK via KUL. SAA to HKG via KUL can be great, but again, SIN and BKK has got to be the top choice for SEA region.

Yeah, I'd love UA to fly here, in fact I've dreamed of that for many about a decade! It would be good if they could do LAX-Vitenam-KUL as mentioned, and ORD-PEN-KUL, and SFO-WBKK-KUL.

It's true that SIN and BKK are top choices for the SEA region. It's obvious why, and to grab the spotlight Malaysia has gotta do something constructive in the international arena. Michael Backman's article in The Age [While Malaysia fiddles, its opportunities are running dry! Nov. 15, 2006] speaks so well about the situation in Malaysia. To me it's heartbreaking to see the mud we ditch in...

If UA flies to M'sia, I'd like Continental and AA to fly here as well, followed by BA. Many of us aer flying to north America by CX and SQ now-a-days as we see how frequent MH flies to N.A. and also the fare.

It's good to see more Mid-East airlines serving M'sia, that's good news, but let's see more from Europe and some from the Americas (including Mexico, Brazil, etc.).

It's true that SIN and BKK are top choices for the SEA region. It's obvious why, and to grab the spotlight Malaysia has gotta do something constructive in the international arena. Michael Backman's article in The Age [While Malaysia fiddles, its opportunities are running dry! Nov. 15, 2006] speaks so well about the situation in Malaysia. To me it's heartbreaking to see the mud we ditch in...

If UA flies to M'sia, I'd like Continental and AA to fly here as well, followed by BA. Many of us aer flying to north America by CX and SQ now-a-days as we see how frequent MH flies to N.A. and also the fare.

It's good to see more Mid-East airlines serving M'sia, that's good news, but let's see more from Europe and some from the Americas (including Mexico, Brazil, etc.).

Great news for Malaysia because the VMY 2007 is just around the corner and MH has increased the daily flights from KUL-LAX via TPE on September 2006 :yahoo: . Wish that MH can send their 777-2H6(ER) to LAX ;)

Edited by Andrew Ong