MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Radzi

New MAS menu

Just flew QF from SIN-PER on Saturday (18th Nov) Evening.. must say that the meal was rather sucky.. didn't bother to take a picture as I didn't want anyone to feel ill here...

But seriously, the meal was terrible.. some sort of Grilled Perch with a Mashed Pea sauce - it really reminded me of that "Yorkshire Airlines" youtube video someone posted a while back.

Furthermore, NO Asian selection on this flight!!!!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!??? The flight originates in SIN and terminates in PER.. nonetheless, all pax where mainly connecting traffic from LHR or CDG via BA/AF respectively. Those AF code-shares sure are raking in the money!

On a flight from LAX-TPE-KUL, I had the best meal inside Hibiscus #2. For dinner (served 10-15 mins. into the flight) was pan-fried fish with rice and vegetables and a fruit cup :)

Wonder what MAS First Class passengers eat during the MAS flights <_>

Just flew QF from SIN-PER on Saturday (18th Nov) Evening.. must say that the meal was rather sucky.. didn't bother to take a picture as I didn't want anyone to feel ill here...

So bad that the birds died (expression)? :lol: :p

Edited by Andrew Ong

Sim, It was totally different! :huh:

Yes, that's why I try to choose the flights operated by A332 whenever I could, because for the same amount of money, I got a lot more. Not to discredit the B734, but the inflight experience is just not the same.

The tray is different too (blue instead of gray). Missing was the 'dessert'.

Well, the missing dessert is the Beryl's chocolate. If you can call it dessert.

More of like the meal MH served between KUL/East M'sia. Luckilly it's just an 1.55hrs flight. MH really need to be consistent with their flight meals. Meal portion is always not the same, even on the same route <_>

Yes, in comparison, on the same route, MH's meal service is, in my opinion, significantly inferior to what VN offered. This was what I got from VN when I flew them in August:

VN SGN - KUL

IPB Image

VN KUL - SGN

IPB Image

Not only meal portions a better, we also got served more choices of drinks.

MH has the best inflight food (in my opinion) :yahoo:

By looking at VN's food, it is also good :good:

Edited by Andrew Ong

Guest Incheon

When was the last time MH changed its inflight servicewares? The current servicewares look dated. I recalled when I flew MH in 1995 to HKG, the service ware was slightly different. Does anyone know where I can pictures of MH service wares through the ages? I'm especially interested in Y class service wares.

SQ seems to change their service wares every few years 6-8 years. I kinda like their current Y class ones, compared to their horrible red ones which were discontinued in 2002.

Current ones: 2002 to present

IPB Image

Awful old ones: Mid 90s to 2002

IPB Image

Edited by Incheon

When was the last time MH changed its inflight servicewares? The current servicewares look dated. I recalled when I flew MH in 1995 to HKG, the service ware was slightly different. Does anyone know where I can pictures of MH service wares through the ages? I'm especially interested in Y class service wares.

I got some of MAS old service wares somewhere in my house. The spoon & fork design is different also.

IPB Image

They were similar to those above. See the main course ? The shape of the plate MAS used to put the salt/pepper & bread roll is similar to the plate of the main course in the picture above. Color however, wasn't the same. It got some gold on it. By the way, anybody remember what was the color of the MAS blanket ? It was yellow one.

Guest Incheon

I got some of MAS old service wares somewhere in my house. The spoon & fork design is different also.

IPB Image

They were similar to those above. See the main course ? The shape of the plate MAS used to put the salt/pepper & bread roll is similar to the plate of the main course in the picture above. Color however, wasn't the same. It got some gold on it. By the way, anybody remember what was the color of the MAS blanket ? It was yellow one.

THanks Isaac. Yes I remember it now. The shape of the main course dish was exactly like the old ANZ ones. Can't remember how the other dishes look like though...

I have the Yellow blanket..haha...good ones...they are nice..and they are fire proof..

I have MAS purple blanket (new one), so is the purple one fireproof?

I have MAS purple blanket (new one), so is the purple one fireproof?

I would think the latter part of your statement would be a mandatory requirement :D

Daniel,

Main dish looks delicious, however, quantity is mediocre for Business-Class IMHO (or are there more servings ?)

Main dish looks delicious, however, quantity is mediocre for Business-Class IMHO (or are there more servings ?)

Don't discount possibility that Daniel might have already polished off a good portion of the meal before remembering to snap a pic of it :)

anyone have other meal pic from other airlines so that we can make my lunch time betta??

You can try going to this site dedicated to airline food worldwide from many different airlines.

http://www.airlinemeals.net/

Be grateful. There's airline food that are much worse! I always look forward to on board meals. It gives me something to do on the flight.

Daniel, the food looks very good :good: , my mouth is already watering :p :D :lol:

Daniel,

Pieter,

Nope that was about it. They only came back with more bread.

This was the only meal served readily in aluminium wrapped containers.

The remaining meals were all served directly from their trolley into our own plates....

You can pick and mix anything served on the trolley. Nice!

On your recent flights MH52/53 KUL-KIX-KUL, there's no menu, though they offered two choices. We remembered travelling on KUL-ADL-KUL back in 2003, there's a menu. The plastic cup MH use for hot drinks nowadays is very soft and mine has a plastic flake in it. Perhaps cutting cost to print the menus and resort to cheaper plastic wares?

The child meal as served in cheap looking paper boxes with a pull-out paper plane. We would prefer those hard plastic boxes they used back in 2005, that the kid could keep as a bag after the meal. Plus, there's no goodies for the kids like other airlines provide. We travelled on CX KUL-HKG-KUL in 2005 (kid has a Disney backpack with goodies in it) and BI BWN-SIN-BWN (some drawing goodies). MH don't have these to keep the kids occupied onboard? Cut cost?

We travel economy class on personal trips.

I travel business on MH, the meals and services are good. but economy.... MH could use some improvements... see what CX, SQ do.

Edited by dsim

Not quite true, as far as I know, goodies for kids has been reintroduced recently, its probably taking a while for them to provide them on all sectors. As for cheaper plastic wares, well, i guess it is cost cutting measures but they are sometimes necessary...regain a good bottomline and eventually they'll be in a position to provide a better product overall

Not quite true, as far as I know, goodies for kids has been reintroduced recently, its probably taking a while for them to provide them on all sectors. As for cheaper plastic wares, well, i guess it is cost cutting measures but they are sometimes necessary...regain a good bottomline and eventually they'll be in a position to provide a better product overall

That contract with "ISOplus" or "ISOmax" for the manufacture of plastic cups and plastic ware aboard MAS should be reviewed. I know someone who conducted an audit on the company for the purposes of awarding ISO:9001 status, and they told me the production process is absolutely ridiculous... Alot of wastage and the screening of cups for defects is conducted by "running a finger" around the edge of the cup..................... needless to say, they were awarded ISO:9001........ it's amazing what some fancy rectangular bits of paper (and some plastic) can do! :D