MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Radzi

New MAS menu

I've been joking with the flight attendants for a long time, when they ask me what I want for breakfast, I'll ask for roti canai. Today my dream comes true. Not exactly roti canai, but roti pusing. Close enough.

IPB Image

Ofcourse, there is a different name for it, but it is a sensitive word and unmentionable onboard an aircraft.

Captain,

Looks delicious; guess, it's quite 'pedas', right ? :o

My my..sedapnya..

The roti pusing looks ...wow..

OMG..I gotta miss this..Looks delicious!

I suppose the name should be Roti B*** so it's unmentionable on an aircraft :)

Edited by Min Chun

Ofcourse, there is a different name for it, but it is a sensitive word and unmentionable onboard an aircraft.

Can we change the name to 'Roti Bomba'? Or is it unmentionable as well?

Ali: "I'm with the police force. And you?"

Abu: "Oh I'm with the BOMba!"

(overheard)

Paranoid American: "Help! we have someone with a =@ onboard!!!"

That will be me :pardon:

Food looks delicious Capt., I hope I can taste that one day...........

Edited by Seth K

Eh... I've gotta fly on MAS soon to get a taste of this new dish! :good:

Can we change the name to 'Roti Bomba'? Or is it unmentionable as well?

Ali: "I'm with the police force. And you?"

Abu: "Oh I'm with the BOMba!"

(overheard)

la bomba = " the pipe" en Espanol. (Correct me if I'm wrong, Spanish speakers.) Also the song "la bomba..." Shouldn't pose a huge problem...

The Kuah looks quite..unappetizing la captain. What was it btw?

Looks like they have mixed the curry and the dhal.

And there's no meat and vegetables.

It's carbo galore!

It was breakfast on MH 2604 KUL-BKI, business class. Dhal gravy with sambal. Taste quite okay but slightly on the salty side and not too pedas to my standard.

Edited by Radzi

Remember when the Nasi Lemak had huge prawns, then they save cost and had sotong sambal.....now even cheaper....roti "pusing". Fly MH...the flying mamak stall with 5 star hotel fares.

Wahhh Roti Prata for breakfast. :)

Now EY pax have 3-choice of meals instead of just two for breakfast. :)

The introduction of roti prata onboard domestic flights few months ago was on trial/survey basis. Specially designed for hajj chartered flights.

Plus, all non-meal domestic sectors now known as "juice(+ milo) and salted peanuts" sectors. :)

Effective today, children flying onboard domestic flights ex-kul to borneo, or ex BKI/KCH to KUL, please request your children giveways from the cabin crew ok! (under 12 y/o only ;) ) :lol:

Playing cards are now available on selected flights ex kul to some china routes. Soon, on most international flights.

Definately not cost saving, but good for pax. :yahoo:

I have also noticed some improvements in the KUL-PEN flight which I fly pretty often. They used to serve only the orange juice or milo. I was pleasantly surprised this time they served all pax peanuts...a nice touch for such a short flight in my opinion. Also their milo is highly popular....everyone seems to be going few rounds of that..

Wahhh Roti Prata for breakfast. :)

Now EY pax have 3-choice of meals instead of just two for breakfast. :)

Plus, all non-meal domestic sectors now known as "juice(+ milo) and salted peanuts" sectors. :)

Effective today, children flying onboard domestic flights ex-kul to borneo, or ex BKI/KCH to KUL, please request your children giveways from the cabin crew ok! (under 12 y/o only ;) ) :lol:

Playing cards are now available on selected flights ex kul to some china routes. Soon, on most international flights.

This is GREAT :clapping: MAS is improving. Hey Fairizuan, how's the portion of EY meal like on the pure domestic KUL/BKI flight ? Are they still serving bread and appetizer ?

The portion, still the same lor... :( As for bread roll... not for domestic sectors. Some goes to appetizer. :( :(

Regarding EY Nasi Lemak, now it comes with chicken rendang together with sambal ikan bilis, sotong or udang. :)

On some international sectors... they recently introduced a brand new n larger side plate for appetizer. :)

MAS also will re-introduced EY caseroles on most of its international flights. :)

Cabin Crew and Catering are now under new department called In-Flight Service Department.

Starting next month, Jakarta became the newest night-stop city for D-Fleet (737) cabin and tech crews. :p :clapping: :yahoo:

Edited by M N Fairizuan

The portion, still the same lor... :( As for bread roll... not for domestic sectors. Some goes to appetizer. :( :(

Regarding EY Nasi Lemak, now it comes with chicken rendang together with sambal ikan bilis, sotong or udang. :)

Hmm ... Prawn & sqiud. Back in year 2000, MAS regularly served the seafood option (which was prawn) on its flight to SIN. Now we only got Fish ... :(

On some international sectors... they recently introduced a brand new n larger side plate for appetizer. :)

MAS also will re-introduced EY caseroles on most of its international flights. :)

Wow, you should snap a picture so that we can see what's the difference like :)

Cabin Crew and Catering are now under new department called In-Flight Service Department.

Starting next month, Jakarta became the newest night-stop city for D-Fleet (737) cabin and tech crews.

Great for the crew :p

I'm confused. I got some examples, which one is it ? (of the followings)

IPB Image

MAS served this very small meal on its BKI/KUL sector in the late 90s (starting around 1997 or 1998) until the first-half of 2002. (no appetizer & bread roll on pure domestic flight :( )

IPB Image

A few months after TuneAir took over AK, MAS upgraded the meal on its BKI/KUL sector back to the size it was back in the early/mid 90s

IPB Image

A while after MAS upgraded the meal back to the size it was (picture 2), instead of bread roll, MAS is giving the Beryl's chocolate (this chocolate is bad & they are still serving it now on MH80 & MH64)

IPB Image

This one is the size of the meal served on MH BKI/KUL sector international flight (operated by widebodied planes). Everything is the same as "picture 2", only difference is the larger tray.

Edited by Isaac

IPB Image

On pure B737 domestic flight like KUL-BKI v.v, MH2_ _ _. You'll get this tray (1/2 Size Tray).

IPB Image

IPB Image

- For B737 international flights via/from BKI like KUL-BKI-TPE/KHH or BKI-CAN/HKG.... MH 03_ _ _ or MH 0 0 _ _. You'll get this tray (2/3 Size Tray).

- Onboard widebodied a/c doing a pure domestic flight i.e. KUL-BKI-KUL ... you'll also get this tray.

IPB Image

- Pre-BTP...KUL-BKI-ICN-BKI-KUL for instance... you'll get this tray.

- Also onboard wideboied a/c doing pure domestic flight like KUL-BKI-KUL (a single loading sector = catered ex-kul and ex-bki).

Note: GP glass ... now no more already.

This is what I got during my recent SGN-KUL-SGN run :

SGN-KUL on A332

IPB Image

Just an appetizer in a larger tray (is that what you are referring to Fairizuan), a main meal and roll & butter. We were also given a Beryl's Chocolate. However, we were given metal cutlery which was a surprise.

KUL-SGN on B734

IPB Image

Only a main meal and a piece of tart is all we got. Even no bun.

Does anyone still board the MH2637 recently? This is because last time this flight normally pax in EY only have 1 choice which is nasi lemak.

instead of bread roll, MAS is giving the Beryl's chocolate (this chocolate is bad & they are still serving it now on MH80 & MH64)

I second that! I don't think for the sake of 'supporting' a local manufacturer, passengers should be shoved with second rate products. They should get their receipe right first.

Edited by Rozhan

This is what I got during my recent SGN-KUL-SGN run :

SGN-KUL on A332

IPB Image

Just an appetizer in a larger tray (is that what you are referring to Fairizuan), a main meal and roll & butter.

The tray is different too (blue instead of gray). Missing was the 'dessert'.

KUL-SGN on B734

IPB Image

Only a main meal and a piece of tart is all we got. Even no bun.

More of like the meal MH served between KUL/East M'sia. Luckilly it's just an 1.55hrs flight. MH really need to be consistent with their flight meals. Meal portion is always not the same, even on the same route <_>