MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Qaisar

Haze Problem!

The haze problem has been a real sucker this time, its simply too much man... my flights been canceled for the past 2 months... anyone else having this same problem?

I do not have that problem but I feel so bad for you; did your airline compensate you for the cancellation of your flight?

The haze problem has been a real sucker this time, its simply too much man... my flights been canceled for the past 2 months... anyone else having this same problem?

Flights from KLIA ? I have not had cancelled flights due to the haze yet.

Cancellations mainly in East Malaysia especially on those small airports, as far as I concerned. Big airport like KLIA with advanced Instrument Landing System won't have any problems unless the visibility is really really bad.

Qaisar, mind telling us which flights has ben cancelled? Are you waiting for aircraft endorsement, or you're doing VFR navex flights? I don't hink FAX's DHC6 flights are totally cancelled, other commercial flights are still flying.

But I agree the haze is a big problem. I haven't beeen spotting since Sept 2nd!

Are the governments (Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and Brunei) cooking up a plan to curb the haze problem?

Let's put it this way, they've been exchanging recipes and suggesting improvements here and there so far, but the actual cooking ingredients, much less the cooking utensils and other hardware are but a distant reality at this point in time !! :)

Haze condition hhas become better today!!!! :yahoo:

Same S**T, Different Day (S.S.D.D)! :) This happens every year, and eery year Indonesia apologises and prmoises to better patrol and enforce laws regarding open burning in all parts of Indonesia.. but they simply lack the resources..

We wait for the winds to change and let the haze blow over the Indian Ocean... where it will do far less damage...

I too miss the blue sky.. It's there, you can sort of see it though the brown chocking haze <_>

October 22, 2006

Poor visibility due to thick smoke from Indonesian forest fires shut an airport in the central part of Indonesia's Sumatra island on Sunday, compounding transport misery over the main Muslim holiday period.

At Sultan Thaha airport in Sumatra's Jambi province, flights have been canceled since last week.

"(The condition is) still the same. We haven't been able to open the airport," airport head Basuki Mardiyanto said.

He said travelers trying to get back to their home towns and villages this week for Eid al-Fitr festivities to mark the end of the fasting month of Ramadan had to be diverted to an airport in Palembang in South Sumatra.

The visibility in Jambi was as low as 150 metres, the official said.

The fires have been raging for weeks, spreading smoke across much of Southeast Asia and triggering fears of a repeat of the environmental disaster in 1997-98 when dry conditions linked to the El Nino weather pattern caused a choking haze that cost the region billions of dollars in economic losses.

Sultan Mahmud Badaruddin airport in Palembang was packed with people trying to get in and out of the area, airport official Lukman Apriono said by phone.

Flights resumed after being canceled for several hours when visibility improved to 7,000 metres, the official said.

"The minimum is 800 metres. If it is lower then we close".

The travel chaos also extended to the roads in other parts of the vast country, the world's fourth most populous nation, with 220 million people, 85 percent of whom follow Islam.

There was better news in the Indonesian province of Kalimantan on Borneo island, which has also been hit hard by the haze in recent weeks.

After being shut for two days, the airport in Pontianak, West Kalimantan, reopened after heavy rain dampened forest fires, Citra Duani, a local government spokesman said. He said river transport in the vast province was also normal.

The airport in Banjarmasin, South Kalimantan, was also open.

(Reuters)

Our Balinese client was joking to us; Since Malaysia exported terrorist to Indonesia; in reciprocating, they are exporting smog back to us.

Guess that is the other side of the coin.

:drinks:

Our Balinese client was joking to us; Since Malaysia exported terrorist to Indonesia; in reciprocating, they are exporting smog back to us.

Guess that is the other side of the coin.

Nice idea, except that the last few Bali bombing episodes was done by their home grown Indonesian terrorist. :)

Let's put it this way, they've been exchanging recipes and suggesting improvements here and there so far, but the actual cooking ingredients, much less the cooking utensils and other hardware are but a distant reality at this point in time !!

They haven't changed much have they? Pure talk and no action or what-so-ever! Typical! :D

Edited by S V Choong

Nice idea, except that the last few Bali bombing episodes was done by their home grown Indonesian terrorist. :)

They haven't changed much have they? Pure talk and no action or what-so-ever! Typical! :D

But apparently the masterminds are two Malaysian fellas... but I believe they have lived in Indonesia for more than 15 years prior to the incidents.. don't quote me on that.. i've jut heard that.

Also, one of them was caught/killed

Haze gone!

But is it for good? :blink: