MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
TK

Republic of Singapore Air Force

Wow, look at the crowd, that's like a big percent of Singaporean :D

Great pixs, love that reflection all those........................more plz

Hi Pieter,

It's supposed to be a bi-annual event but the last time it skipped a year, so there was a three year gap.

Hopefully we see the next one in 2008.

:drinks:

Kwek

Thanks, Kwek, for the information; like Liam said: keep us informed as would like to visit the next time (and combine SIN with KUL) :good:

TK nice shotting on Singapore airforce!!!! :good:

Kwek ,wondeful capture !!!! The Singapore Airforce that U post are very charming!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by Andrew Yong

Not a bad day with this 3 guys...

IPB Image

How to shoot aeroplanes!!!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Now i know, what is the use of the HUGE mirror onThe Long Bow apache front end :D

To identify enemy....which is me and Kwek!! ha ha ha

IPB Image

Our lucky Raymond won a lottery ticket..to be on board a C-130 joy flight.

Thanks to Yong Kiat and also KC to make Raymond's dream come true!! :D

IPB Image

Here's Raymond proudly showing his "boarding pass"...i did ask for safety card!! :(

and there they are...send back to Vietnam...(now i know, Raymond Nguh is acutally from Ho Chi Minh!!)

another sad tale for this refugees!!

IPB Image

Bye bye....Dont come back!!

Being the oldie within the group, my favourite subject naturally was the oldie of similar vintage. Except that in this case, it is the TA-4SU whose cockpit / canopy configuration is unique to the Republic of Singapore Air Force.

On 2 Sep (Sat), we were presented with the golden opportunity to take a shot of the TA-4SU's unique feature against a blazing sunset.

IPB Image

I had hoped to replicate this effort on the last day (3 Sep) but the sunset was marred by some persistent clouds.

IPB Image

On 1 Sep, we had much of the airfield to ourselves . . . but the sunset was a non-event.

IPB Image

TK on the other hand obviously fell in love with the Chinook (judging from the pictures posted by Kwek earlier). While looking at the C-130s and the refugees boarding the flights, he almost failed to notice the approach of his love.

Another helicopter approaching . . . I am not shooting.

IPB Image

I hear you . . . but I am not shooting helicopters!

IPB Image

Aiyoh!!! Its a Chinook . . . how come nobody told me its a Chinook!!!

IPB Image

Shoot more . . . cannot get enough of this beauty!

IPB Image

Now I am happy!

IPB Image

KC Sim

Edited by KC Sim

:blink: Wow, KC! :blink:

Love the first pix of the Skyhawk with the setting sun :good: :good:

And the canopy.... that's really unique :clapping: :good:

Some more of the oldies please :clapping: :clapping: :drinks:

Ha ha! You guys make me laugh so much I forget to work this morning. :rofl:

Raymond, send me a postcard from Vietnam and ask them to send T7 to KUL, OK ? :p

I really have a lot of respect of RSAF...as for RMAF...we need to keep up.

IPB Image

salute to this "fighter" Pilot :) IPB Image

More oldies . . .

One of our old faithful is this Hunter, the fighter (or was it considered a ground attack aircraft) that provided the transition from colonial care to fending for ourselves.

IPB Image

IPB Image

I decided to also transition from oldies to newbies . . . with this shot of an oldie (Super Puma) alongside a newbie (the Apache Longbow).

IPB Image

Particularly refreshing for me at this year's Open House is the attempt to show off the tanker role within the air force. A pair of F-5S trailed (though did not hook up with) a KC-130B . . .

IPB Image

IPB Image

The fighters that participated in the scramble demonstration (a pair of F5S and F-16Cs) refreshingly taxied out to take off simultaneously from both the runway and taxyway!

IPB Image

IPB Image

The only duty for the Fokker 50 were a couple of joyrides each day plus a paratroop dropping sortie . . . after which it landed about 10 minutes behind the KC-130B.

IPB Image

The KC-135 fascinated many . . . including this bunch of enthusiasts comprising the Kwek Jnr and Snr, TK and Rayond (who incidentally is only going back to Sibu via Johor Bahru's Senai Airport this morning - 9 Sep).

IPB Image

More people shots . . . here's proof that TK is a "flashy" character

IPB Image

and a pair of beaming Malaysian spotters after an eventful day on 3 Sep. For TK, it was time to light up after a day without a single puff.

IPB Image

It was a wonderful outing for many of us . . . and we certainly enjoyed the visits of both TK and Raymond. So here's syaing "Thank You for visiting".

IPB Image

KC Sim

Hi Guys,

Nice thread and love all of the pics. Big kids all of you. Would loved to have joined you but had to end up taking two other kids....my son and my nephew....but still wanted to share some of my pics.

Enjoy!

Andrew

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

KC.... great shots of aerial display there. And they did the simultaneous take-off eh? :D

Andrew... they allow for photoshoot in the cockpit?? :blink:

Thanks for sharing guys... :clapping: :good:

TK loves big planes....as evidenced by these pics. No ambiguity of the operator of the KC-135R.
I was lucky enough to wing walking on this exact bird last November, with a B-1B off one wing, and an RAAF C-130J-30 off the other...unfortunately I recently lost all my pics in a tragic computer F*** up!

WOW! Awesome stuff....Big kids the lot of you! :rofl: :drinks:

Sign in to follow this