MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Robert

KLIA Topics - Master thread needed?

1 minute ago, Chris Tan said:

Singapore requires all travellers arriving by air (not just Changi) to complete the SGAC, along with visitors by land. 
The SGAC is not a registration. A new submission is needed for each entry. 

Yea, that is what I meant to say. Each visit requires a new submission. Malaysia wise, the same for those who are eligible to use egate.

infographic_popup3_2.jpeg

1 hour ago, JuliusWong said:

The following passport holders are not required to submit MDAC and do not need to have their fingerprints captured during their first visit. They can use egate straight away.

i. Citizens of Singapore;

ii. Diplomatic and Official Passport holders;

iii. Malaysian Permanent Residents and Long Term-Pass holders;

iv. General Certificate of Identity (GCI) Brunei Darussalam holders;

v. Brunei Malaysia Frequent Traveller Facility holders; vi. Thailand Border Pass holders; and

vii. Indonesia Cross-Border Travel Document (PLB) holders.

What remains unclear if the initial ten countries and the additional 36 countries which were recently added are required to register MDAC 3 days before their arrival and need their fingerprint captured. (Singapore and Brunei are in the initial list of 10 countries and MDAC was later removed due to high traffic flow.) Based on what Kee Hooi Yen experienced, it would seem all these 46 countries do not require MDAC submission, get their fingerprint captured during first visit and can use egates straight away.

This FB post by Jabatan Imigresen reminds visitors to register MDAC prior to arrival, did not mention abt the exemption. https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=868577615309901&set=a.355727943261540

Singapore wise they still require all visitors to register the online before their arrivals at Changi. Not sure if this has changed. 

I hope the border control will be stricter with this new improvement, Malaysia borders have been well known for being porous. 

We still submit MDAC form 3 days prior to our arrival. Not sure if that is an exemption applies to us but we still make the submission nonetheless.

Edited by Kee Hooi Yen

MDAC is the arrival card - I think you need to submit this with every entry, like in the past with paper documents. Each trip is different.

1 hour ago, flee said:

MDAC is the arrival card - I think you need to submit this with every entry, like in the past with paper documents. Each trip is different.

That is my understanding too. I am just clarifying on Julius post that “Based on what Kee Hooi Yen experienced, it would seem all these 46 countries do not require MDAC submission, get their fingerprint captured during first visit and can use egates straight away.” 🙂

39 minutes ago, Kee Hooi Yen said:

That is my understanding too. I am just clarifying on Julius post that “Based on what Kee Hooi Yen experienced, it would seem all these 46 countries do not require MDAC submission, get their fingerprint captured during first visit and can use egates straight away.” 🙂

I am assuming you are Singaporean. If you are, then MDAC is not required. No harm to submit though.

4 minutes ago, JuliusWong said:

I am assuming you are Singaporean. If you are, then MDAC is not required. No harm to submit though.

No worries. I am holding Aussie passport and it is listed in the first 10 countries. All good.

it is a big relief for us to be able to use e-gates at KLIA after the long wait experience at the immigration counter in the past, especially the one we had during last year CNY.

1 hour ago, Kee Hooi Yen said:

No worries. I am holding Aussie passport and it is listed in the first 10 countries. All good.

it is a big relief for us to be able to use e-gates at KLIA after the long wait experience at the immigration counter in the past, especially the one we had during last year CNY.

That's good to hear. Sorry to hear about the lengthy wait, it was and still is the biggest bane entering and leaving Malaysia for foreigners. The current Ministry of Tourism Tiong King Sing is not a push over, have bombed and will keep bombing Ministry of Home Affairs if the latter service is slacking. The Visit Malaysia Year 2026 is a good opportunity for MAHB and MOHA to buckle up.

7 hours ago, JuliusWong said:

The Visit Malaysia Year 2026 is a good opportunity for MAHB and MOHA to buckle up.

Like how the last hundred or so VM campaigns brought about significant and tangible improvements…? :D

Aerodrome, airline operators to see huge hikes in certification fees from next year

Under the revised fee structure, annual aerodrome certification charges for airports with two runways will see a 50% increase to RM300,000 for three years from next January, RM390,000 from 2028 to 2030, and RM468,000 from 2031.

Those with a single runway will start paying RM225,000 from 2025 to 2027, RM292,000 from 2028 to 2030, and RM351,000 from 2031.

Short take-off and landing airports will pay RM25,000 (2025-2027), RM39,000 (2028-2030) and RM46,800 (from 2031).

Heliports on shore and shipboard helidecks will see charges of RM37,500 from 2025 to 2027, RM48,750 from 2028 to 2030 and RM58,500 from 2031.

Airlines will also have to fork out more for the annual renewal of certificates of airworthiness for each aircraft, based on the maximum certificated take-off mass.

Fees for application of renewal for certificates relating to continuing airworthiness management, maintenance of aeronautical products and maintenance training and renewal of air operator certificates will see substantial increases every three years from 2025.

Norazman said the changes in the fee structure marked a pivotal moment for the aviation regulator, signalling a transition from a state-sponsored model to a cost-recovery one funded by the industry.

“Recognising the pivotal role of a robust aviation regulatory framework and efficient air navigation services, the government has undertaken comprehensive measures to reform CAAM’s financial structure, ensuring long-term financial sustainability.

“The approval of the new aviation pricing framework reflects a milestone achievement, built upon extensive consultations initiated in 2021, and collaborative efforts among industry stakeholders, regulatory authorities and the government,” he said.

In their feedback early this year, stakeholders had urged CAAM to reconsider the increases which they said were too steep and would burden aerodrome and airline operators, especially as they are still in the process of recovering from the impact of Covid-19.

They also voiced fear that the increases would be passed on to air travellers who would be burdened by the higher costs as the operators of airlines and aerodromes would have no choice.

On 5/21/2024 at 12:48 AM, Chris Tan said:

Like how the last hundred or so VM campaigns brought about significant and tangible improvements…? :D

The previous campaign in 2007 "Malaysia Truly Asia"  was hugely successful as it put Malaysia on the international tourism map for a long time. Malaysia tourism and trade reached its peak that year with 20.97 million in tourist arrivals and RM46.1 billion in tourist receipts, an increase of 3.42 million and RM9.8 billion from the previous year respectively, according to Tourism Malaysia data. 

The 2014 edition "Celebrating 1Malaysia Truly Asia" was equally as good.

The 2020 edition “Visit Truly Asia Malaysia” did not take off due to the pandemic.

https://www.tourism.gov.my/campaigns/view/visit-malaysia-year#:~:text=All in all%2C VMY 2007,from the previous year respectively.

Edited by JuliusWong

Sign in to follow this