MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Y. J. Foo

Which MH plane model would you rather send away?

Which MH plane model would you rather send away?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. First choice

• B747
    • B777
    • A330
    • B737, Fokker 50 and/or Twin Otter
  2. 2. Second choice

• B747
    • B777
    • A330
    • B737, Fokker 50 and/or Twin Otter

Assuming you have the full power to decide which MH plane models to stay, which other model(s) would you totally leave out?

i will say A330 is the best to go. I prefer if they stick the fleet to all Boeing aircraft.

Azuddin

777 got the "send away"vote :blink:

i really wouldn't do that. my fav aircraft got to stay.

i also say that 737 is not good to go. i prefer if all 737-400 get replaced with NG737 like -700 or -800.

Azuddin

Edited by Azuddin

i really wouldn't do that. my fav aircraft got to stay.

i also say that 737 is not good to go. i prefer if all 737-400 get replaced with NG737 like -700 or -800.

Azuddin

Yeap. MAS should stick to Boeing fleets rather than 'mixing' up. Replace 734 with 738 with winglet! :D

The A330-200 should go..They -200 should seriously go..

They got no Bloody PTV's, Seats are kinda old..Heard the Cabin kinda shitty..

Money permitting, MH should get new planes for better fuel economy with the newer generation of engines.

Maintainence-wise, some B737s I flown in have even have mismatched seat covers. In a sea of blue seats in Y, suddenly there is a lone or two green ones among them. Maybe there is not enough correct colour covers to replace soiled ones, but it is not aesthetically pleasing when MAS is expected to be a 5 star airline.

i will say A330 is the best to go. I prefer if they stick the fleet to all Boeing aircraft

I suppose you're not in favour of the whalejet joining MH's fleet then ?

The A330-200 should go..They -200 should seriously go..

They got no Bloody PTV's, Seats are kinda old..Heard the Cabin kinda shitty..

you got that right. the seats is a bit hard

Money permitting, MH should get new planes for better fuel economy with the newer generation of engines.

I was thinking 767-300ER is the best to replace the A330. it may be a bit smaller, but has better range.

I suppose you're not in favour of the whalejet joining MH's fleet then ?

for me, it depends on sutuation. if MH currently has more airbus, i would let it stay with all airbus and dump boeing. if else, all boeing like now, MH has 3 boeing over 1 airbus. another factor is location for maintenance. we have more boeing user then airbus user around malaysia, in this case, MH don't have to order parts directly from seattle, they can get it from other airlines.

these are some of my idea after reading Gordon Bethune book about Continental Airline.

Azuddin

i dun mind if teh fleet is a "Rojak" :lol: :lol: as long it have teh plane that can serve the need of MH...

never sat before 747 nor the A332...... 737 have some crap seat i thinks its ok as the local dun boder about its seat rite :unsure:

of topic answer can they buy IL-76 :lol::lol:

Edited by Abel E

of topic answer can they buy IL-76 :lol::lol:

For MAS Kargo maybe. MAS Kargo livery can be nice on il-76

1000th post

Azuddin

Guys,

for me A330 need to go, then change the 737-400 to another upgrade version..

-cheers-

..... another factor is location for maintenance. we have more boeing user then airbus user around malaysia, in this case, MH don't have to order parts directly from seattle, they can get it from other airlines .....

The situation holds for now only. With AK receiving their new 320's and MH ridding itself of some 734's, the scenario will reverse quite soon ie. more Airbus than Boeing planes flying in Malaysia.

On a related note, it doesn't make sense for AK to absorb the surplus MH 734's does it ? It already has a tom of 320's arriving and even now only fly 733's. Wouldn't arrival of the 734's negate the one important pillar of LCC operations - single aircraft type => reduce maintenance costs ?

747 should go as we already have the 777 and the popular routes will be served by the A380..then of course the 737 and F50 should also be sent away and be replaced by 737NG or A320...or better still... ERJ :p

1st vote-330

2nd vote- 747

reason: 330 can be replaced by lovely triple.

747, we had already purchased 380 and 777 is the best replacement.^^

Good Question... i would say

A330 and B737 out pls..

A330= heard that it's pretty crappy, not too sure about maintainence and fuel economy though

B737=should seriously upgrade it to B737NG family...

Planes MAS should really get... A346, B773 for ultra long haul (KUL-EWK)

B747 and B772 for med/long haul

A380 for super profitable long haul

B737NG for domestic and regional

probably replace all fokkers family la

Good Question... i would say

A330 and B737 out pls..

A330= heard that it's pretty crappy, not too sure about maintainence and fuel economy though

B737=should seriously upgrade it to B737NG family...

B747 and B772 for med/long haul

A380 for super profitable long haul

B737NG for domestic and regional

probably replace all fokkers family la

good idea

i think if they uses 773 especiallly the 773er, i think they no longer need the 744. 773er has better range then 744 and the pax capacity is almost the same, of course it lesser then 744. besides, 773 is a simple stretched version of 772 which makes 772 replacement parts are compatible to use with 773. that would save cost.

besides of my thought of using all boeing, i also would have the fleet to stick with 2 engines aircraft. this is actually Continental business strategy.

Azuddin

i think if they uses 773 especiallly the 773er, i think they no longer need the 744. 773er has better range then 744 and the pax capacity is almost the same, of course it lesser then 744. besides, 773 is a simple stretched version of 772 which makes 772 replacement parts are compatible to use with 773. that would save cost.

773ER is just perferct for their 747 replacement, but they already invest a huge amount of money on the refurbishment around 700M, replace it now and in between 10 years is not a good idea, they can order first thou :)

besides of my thought of using all boeing, i also would have the fleet to stick with 2 engines aircraft. this is actually Continental business strategy.

Well, CO has mass domestic services, less international, so two engines make more sense, plus most 4 engines plane are just too big for them, well 4 engine 4 long haul as VS logo really put them in stress!

EWK :p :D :)

thought of using all boeing

Well, too late, they have brand new 380 in progress coming :) , or cancel, lease, sell can be another way.

My thought is get rid of the 737 and replace the 330 with 787

For me,let the B747-400s leaves the MH fleet.How about B777-300ER series as the replacement for the B747-400s.The B777-300ER has the better advantages than B744s.Try to replace the B734 with the 737NGs.

:blink: :blink:

woah, if this thread and the voting is for real, I'm sure that A330 is out since most reply says A330 out, 734 into 737NG and 773ER take 744 places.

if this for real, I'm sure this is a change for the better.

Azuddin

:blink: :blink:

woah, if this thread and the voting is for real, I'm sure that A330 is out since most reply says A330 out, 734 into 737NG and 773ER take 744 places.

if this for real, I'm sure this is a change for the better.

Vote here doesn't mean it can apply in real life, there are more things to think about, it's just opinion :)

Sign in to follow this