MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
JuliusWong

MAB Plans to Move London Flights from Heathrow to Gatwick

Leaving LHR will be the biggest mistake MH could make. I don't see the sense in it. I would expect D7 to fly into LGW though.

MAB is planning to fly to LGW using the 4 A380s, according to PB at recent Townhall. No timeline has been set.

What are they planning to do with their LHR slots then? I hope they will not sell them but lease them out so that it can help to lower their London costs.

But really, leaving LHR will be a big mistake on MAB's part. There is still a lot of snobbery in air travel in this country. So, it is not cool to fly first class into LGW...

Lhr slots is worth a lot of $. Last time, MH contra with amount owed to ai.

Also contra the amount for the low yielding, running for over a month promo RM2099 return, something's gotta give

MH is codesharing with AA at LHR on I think 5 destinations in the USA.

If MH moves to LGW, there's no way the AA codeshare could continue. But maybe they don't need this AA codeshare anyway after signing up with EK.

I couldn't think of any reason for an airline to give up its precious LHR slots other than selling it for a quick cash.

Has the Golden Lounge at LHR T4 starts renovation?

The dugongs into LGW in high density configuration for us self loading cattle whilst the incoming 350s will exclusively cater to the premium paying crowd at LHR ?

I don't think MH is planning to serve both LHR (with A350) and LGW (with A380).

Probably they are still looking at the cost benefit and the fact that MH fans and most Malaysian will still fly with them regardless of their choice of London airports.

To think of it, LGW is not that bad though. EK flies 3 daily A380 into LGW. But EK did this because there is no more slots available in LHR.

It's just that LGW is further away and it is in south London. Like flee said, it is "not posh enough" for some crowds.

BA would definitely benefits from this if it is coming true.

Stranger unpopular things have happened recently like the Brexit, Trump, Ed Balls and Honey G. I think it's going to happen.

MH will completely lose me as a customer on flights to Europe as I like transiting through LHR and it's also a convenient airport for me when I visit London.

its a bad idea and extra time it would take be to visit my parents due to the jams on the M25 would stop me flying them.

I don't think MH is planning to serve both LHR (with A350) and LGW (with A380).

Why not? Keep MH2 in LHR & shift MH4 to LGW, since MH4 is somewhat more leisure oriented (think of all the promo fares being thrown to LHR - all of them are on MH4).

Why not? Keep MH2 in LHR & shift MH4 to LGW, since MH4 is somewhat more leisure oriented (think of all the promo fares being thrown to LHR - all of them are on MH4).

That was what I thought too - they might be thinking of selling or leasing their LHR slots to EK....

Possibly balancing immediate needs with future possibilities ?

Hive off all or some of the LHR slots to generate some immediate cash

Maintain London presence at LGW while working on yet another BTP

With new runway coming up at LHR, go grab some of the newly available slots then, and make a triumphant return

:)

Woah!.....The information spice up the forum. Now it has a separate thread.

I would say the plan is not cast hard on stone yet. There is a possibility of MAB operating into both LHR and LGW. I shall dig deeper, at the meantime, we shall hold our horses for now.....:)

Woah!.....The information spice up the forum. Now it has a separate thread.

I would say the plan is not cast hard on stone yet. There is a possibility of MAB operating into both LHR and LGW. I shall dig deeper, at the meantime, we shall hold our horses for now..... :)

With current load and yield on KUL/LHR, it doesn't justify for MAB to operate to LHR and LGW concurrently.

With current load and yield on KUL/LHR, it doesn't justify for MAB to operate to LHR and LGW concurrently.

Actually MH4 loads are strong but yields are poor. So if they move to LGW then they might bring cost down for MH4 to improve yield's

Actually MH4 loads are strong but yields are poor. So if they move to LGW then they might bring cost down for MH4 to improve yield's

Traditionally, year end is peak travelling period on LHR sector and MH is offering cheap fare for this period :sorry:

Edited by KK Lee

Sign in to follow this