MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Izanee

new airline to kul

bangkok has 12-15 million population...

kl has 2 million

klia's 23 million vs bkk's 37 million i say is not too bad

sin is an anomaly...they recognised early enough (60s) that they had to be an aviation hub, and so developed their infrastructure. additionally, sin was the most important city in malaya at that time...so all airlines flew there as opposed to simpang airport

bangkok has 12-15 million population...

kl has 2 million

klia's 23 million vs bkk's 37 million i say is not too bad

If a 1000cc glass contains 500cc of water. Is the glass half full or half empty?

There is really no point comparing between KUL and SIN/ BKK. There is no competition there. We know these two airports are in a league of its own, and I am quite sure they are here to stay. I am quite sure too that KUL will always pay second fiddle to these big boys up north n down south. That's the fact, nothing else.

Imran is right, KUL just needs to fight and work harder to get more airlines to start flying here and for those who are already here, get the to increase frequencies or at least not suspend their flights.

Btw, Finnair would be the fifth European airline to fly to KUL come the day in 2007, after KLM, Lufthansa, Austrian & Transaero.

:)

If a 1000cc glass contains 500cc of water. Is the glass half full or half empty?

Gosh, Lee, you should really lighten up and get a life.

Why does everything need to be so negative? Plus this just a casual forum, no need to be too serious

hey guys...

i am really happy to hear that finnair is coming to KUL...but let's hope that they won't pull out la.

Come to think of it, SIN and BKK have the upper hand...quite hard to "snatch" the market really unless msian economy booms skywards eh?

can anyone tell me what's SIN traffic volume is? i've heard from the previous post that KUL has about 22million pax? well 22million is not too bad, but maybe try to touch somewhere near 30million before end of this decade just to secure a place to fight the hot BKK and SIN

Btw, Finnair would be the fifth European airline to fly to KUL come the day in 2007, after KLM, Lufthansa, Austrian & Transaero.

Previously Aeroflot, Ansett, ANA, BA, North West, Quantas, Sabena, SAS were here.

Previously Aeroflot, Ansett, ANA, BA, North West, Quantas, Sabena, SAS were here.

It's Qantas

Ansett, Qantas are from Aussie

ANA is Asian

NorthWest is American

I was only referring to European. ;)

I hope they come during daylight.

If it's similar to the current HEL-BKK-SIN-BKK-HEL schedule, it would generate an arrival at 1815 and a departure at 2150 :mellow:

I wonder when are LH, OS, KL and Transaero ever going to increase their frequencies to KUL ?

:p

Increasing frequency?

LH-Upgrade and downgrade equipement, flight half empty on 346 from BKK to KUL, nak incream cam mana :D

OS-If they add more flight to Australia

KL- Can take KUL as their Asia Pacific hub

z

as i know,SIN had around 32-33 millions pax last year.

With this figure above,SIN had managed to get in the top 30 airport in terms of passengers served last year.

Other asian airport in this list were HKG,PEK,NRT,BKK.

Increasing frequency?

LH-Upgrade and downgrade equipement, flight half empty on 346 from BKK to KUL, nak incream cam mana :D

OS-If they add more flight to Australia

KL- Can take KUL as their Asia Pacific hub

z

KL already daily (and so is MH to/from AMS), so doubt if increasing...would hope for you guys some additional 777 flights ??!! :rolleyes:

OS already 6 times a week...might increase when MH decrease/stop flights to/from VIE ?

KLIA is booming like it or not....probably due to AK's fast expansion. Nonetheless, it is growing every year.

NOw that MH is reducing services to FRA, LH may be justified to increase services IF their 744 flights are doing ok. OS has made KUL/SYD their flagship service (0S001)...what else do you want?

let's see how AY fares on their KUL route.

and by the way...the half empty half full crap is just beyond me at the moment. probably because i have done 133 hours in 11 days looking after other people apart from myself.

so just take it easy and get a life...

I can understand how tired and worn-out you are, Izanee. Just know that I appreciate what you're doing and hopefully you are getting the satisfaction of doing something useful for mankind.

But you do need a break off and on and maybe go spotting with us?

as i'm reading this thread, i am reminded of that old song:

"FEELING HOT HOT HOT!"

all just need to chiiiilllll..

KLIA is our home, so whilst we sometimes are critical of what's 'going on' over there, we all know that at the end of the day, it's a moderately successful and highly beautiful airport.. sure, we all agree that some things need changing, but everything in life is like that.

So KK, take two chill pills, and just think that obviously Finnair has done its homework and has selected KLIA for a reason... It only helps our country after all.. don't have to be pessimistic always B)

thanks guys for your kind words! anyways..i'm sorry if i offended KK with my remarks....i'm just tired! got exams in May as well, which is my final part.

anyways attan....thanks for your offer! will be coming home in august insyaAllah, so will definitely go spotting with u guys....if possible.

According to Airports Council International's preliminary report, the following as the throughput of some Asian airports:

Haneda Airport / Tokyo - 63,282,219 paxs

Capital Airport / Beijing - 40,989,651 paxs

Hong Kong Intl Airport - 40,282,000 paxs

Don Muang Airport / Bangkok - 38,985,043 paxs

Changi Airport / Singapore - 32,430,856 paxs

Narita Airport / Tokyo - 31,525,275 paxs

Note however that the above table from ACI's Top 30 Airports worldwide is not comparing apples with apples. All of the above airports are handling domestic and international passenger traffic (technically, even Hong Kong's arrivals from mainland China may be considered as domestic and forms the fastest growing segment of traffic) except Changi Airport.

KC Sim

With Finnair coming to KUL, whose next, heard Aer Lingus interested to start KUL, when Etihad going to announce their maiden flight, I hope what they say back then doesn't stay that day only just to please us.......

Edited by Seth K

With Finnair coming to KUL, whose next, heard Aer Lingus interested to start KUL, when Etihad going to announce their maiden flight, I hope what they say back then doesn't stay that day only just to please us.......

Etihad will put KUL online when they receive more aircrafts.

Doubt there is enough load for Aer Lingus unless they use KUL as a refuelling stop for Kangaroo route like OS.

Let us hope that we get some new services soon.............

-ETIHAD starts KUL and makes KUL a hub here in SEAsia although I think BKK is already being groomed to

become their hub here. Perhaps AUH-BKK-KUL, AUH-KUL-SYD, AUH-KUL-PER & AUH-KUL-AKL on a B773ER

-AERLINGUS starts KUL soon and as KK Lee stated, maybe a refuelling stop to SYD or MEL if and when they

get their B777 to operate DUB-KUL-SYD/MEL

-AIR NEW ZEALAND starts AKL-KUL-AKL or even AKL-KUL-MAN/LHR. NZ has been actively promoting its

new B777 in the local Malaysian papers

-VIRGIN ATLANTIC starts LHR-KUL-MEL/AKL on its A346 or B744

-NORTHWEST starts DFW-NRT-KUL or DFW-NGO-KUL or DFW-AMS-KUL on its A330 or B744

Let us hope that we get some new services soon.............

-ETIHAD starts KUL and makes KUL a hub here in SEAsia although I think BKK is already being groomed to

become their hub here. Perhaps AUH-BKK-KUL, AUH-KUL-SYD, AUH-KUL-PER & AUH-KUL-AKL on a B773ER

-AERLINGUS starts KUL soon and as KK Lee stated, maybe a refuelling stop to SYD or MEL if and when they

get their B777 to operate DUB-KUL-SYD/MEL

-AIR NEW ZEALAND starts AKL-KUL-AKL or even AKL-KUL-MAN/LHR. NZ has been actively promoting its

new B777 in the local Malaysian papers

-VIRGIN ATLANTIC starts LHR-KUL-MEL/AKL on its A346 or B744

-NORTHWEST starts DFW-NRT-KUL or DFW-NGO-KUL or DFW-AMS-KUL on its A330 or B744

EI starting KUL would be a significant expansion to its network. KUL would be the airline's first long haul in the Far East.

NZ is unlikely to start LHR via KUL as it has launched a 2nd LHR service via HKG. I think the reason why it's been promoting its 772 in Malaysian papers is because AKL-SIN vv has recently been upgraded to the 772. Perhaps it would fly to other European cities via KUL though.

I do hope VS starts MEL after BA's departure. Otherwise there's no Premium Economy out of MEL since BA was the sole supplier. Better still join *A and let me earn EQMs! :D

Is IRANAIR still operates to KUL?

for 2 straight Saturdays now there is no Iran Air 747 on the tarmac. Something wrong? Or could they have change their schedule? I still haven't got their SP!

Sign in to follow this