MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Pieter C.

Paris-Charles de Gaulle spotting 19MAR06

Hi Guys & Gals,

Like you could have noticed from my signature, there was a trip due to CDG on 19mar06. Weather was sunny but cold, as an strong Easterly wind was blowing, making the windchill-factor down to 2 Celsius :angry:

Also, traffic was taking off from 09R and 08R (too far to make pictures :o ), and according the french spotter's site www.kerozen.org photography is prohibited now at CDG with fines up to 350 Euros (around 1000 Ringgit) :blink:

Anyhow, took my chances and here's the result:

Now on display close to the Hilton hotel is this Concorde F-BVFF

IPB Image

Not only big aircraft visit CDG, also the small ones are welcome

IPB Image

Traffic is passing real close from this spot: here a Finnair A320 from Terminal 2 taxying to 09R, and a Star A320 from Terminal 1 taxying to 08R, a perfect spot as both directions pass your lens here

IPB Image

IPB Image

This one is for you, Gibby, the sexy Dutch lady of Blueline

IPB Image

Azahan, a perfect spot also for some great nose-shots, and was able to spend some time there with another French spotter, until the French army came and asked us to move "because of terrorist threat" :angry:

IPB Image

IPB Image

We found another spot on the hill next to the taxi-track B/E and were able to see this "Dedicate" Airbus 319, used for long-haul businessclass flights; look at the pushback truck they use here: it's not the nosewheel but the mainwheel with which they move the aircraft (1st time I saw this :o )

IPB Image

This new Skyteam Alliance member is operating between CDG and BEY

IPB Image

Two Air France aircraft types you'll never see at KLIA :p

IPB Image

IPB Image

Surprise, surprise, KLM was using a 767-300 on the AMS flight, due to cancellation of a previous 737 flight, so had to combine the pax-load

IPB Image

This A340 is waiting for her passengers at the ultra-modern Terminal 2

IPB Image

Than, we moved to a spot where we could photograph the 09R take-offs: here are two Skyteam members taking-off for their transatlantic crossings

IPB Image

IPB Image

One of the most colourful A340's around is this one: Air Tahiti Nui....

IPB Image

....and one of the most colourful 737's around is this one of Europe Airpost

IPB Image

Was able to catch the anti-collision light of this 777-300 (just a coincidence)

IPB Image

Although I missed the ANA Pokemon 747-400, I was able to photograph these nice looking JAL aircraft

IPB Image

IPB Image

Hope, you've enjoyed this selection of photographic impressions from "La douce France" ;)

Was able to catch the anti-collision light of this 777-300 (just a coincidence)

IPB Image

nice and superb catch pieter....i love this french :lol:

and when i saw the concorde, i tot it was flying again.... :o

nice and superb catch pieter....i love this french :lol:

and when i saw the concorde, i tot it was flying again.... :o

I also thought the Concord was flying; was thinking it was performing exhibition flights, though...

By the way, kevin, are you from Perak? Hmm...

Very Nice pictures from CDG Pieter, well done! :)

This Thursday, my dad will took BA flight to Gatwick and CDG, nice preview! :)

I also thought the Concord was flying; was thinking it was performing exhibition flights, though...

By the way, kevin, are you from Perak? Hmm...

nope... :lol: :lol: i am from pahang... currently base in Nilai^^

Peiter

those are some nice shot

I love those pitch of the CO 752. also nice shot of full starboard view of the KLM 763. My dad just flew to CDG on AF 773ER last week, he got me the safety card from that flight, also from KLM 738.

Azuddin

POST NUMBER 767

Edited by Azuddin

Than, we moved to a spot where we could photograph the 09R take-offs: here are two Skyteam members taking-off for their transatlantic crossings

IPB Image

Congrats Pieter:

You nailed the Conti 757 w/ winglets. A while ago, there was discussion in another forum with some skeptics asking for prooft of winglet 757s.

You nailed the Conti 757 w/ winglets. A while ago, there was discussion in another forum with some skeptics asking for prooft of winglet 757s.

Denny,

This is the 2nd time, I've seen her overhere in Europe, the other time at Berlin-Tegel...CO is the only operator using them nonstop to the US, while Icelandair still make stops at KEF, so, apparently it does safe fuel...

Indeed, I was very lucky shooting this one; all US carriers left from the "northern" runway 09R that day. I missed a lot, though, departing from the "southern" runway 08R, like AC 340 (n/c), TG 744 (n/c), MK 340, MU 340, CA 340, NH 744 (Pokemon), SV 744 and also MH744 :angry: :angry:

This one is for you, Gibby, the sexy Dutch lady of Blueline
Cheers mate! What a beauty!

look at the pushback truck they use here: it's not the nosewheel but the mainwheel with which they move the aircraft (1st time I saw this)
The remote tugs are becoming very popular on the eastern seaboard of Australia. An engineer manually drives it onto the gear, as far as possible (ie until they meet the fixed rollers), then from behind another two rollers (one for each wheel) moves into place, locking the gear inside. He/she then picks up the remote and headset, requiring only one person for the entire pushback process. On completion you simply drive it away.

However, these aren't fool proof in MEL one time, an engineer thought the tug was broken, as he turned around he realised he had pushed the wrong a/c (ie used the wrong remote), with the 717 in the adjacent bay now minus the door at place L1.

Female Captain in small a/c? :blink:

Well..I got one Female F/O during BKK-MEL ;)

Was thinking the same thing, when looking at this picture :mellow:

Also had a female F/O on my 737-700 Air-Berlin return flight CDG-DUS ...

:D :D Pieter... baaaahhhh! :D Marvelous :lol:

Thanks for sharing.. and my favourite is the

cute B737 (500 series??? :unsure: )

The Airpost 737 is a series 300...

Wow!

Some fantastic shots there bro. I really like the concorde shot...beautiful! The 737 looks really cute...

Btw..MANA EK?! :o :p

Female Captain in small a/c? :blink:

Well..I got one Female F/O during BKK-MEL ;)

once, i got a female captain during my TPE-KUL flight. the night before, it was a japanese male captain from LAX-TPE, the it changes crew at TPE.

Azuddin

POST NUMBER 777

Btw..MANA EK?! :o :p

MANA EK !!! :angry:

She (772) left from 08R, just like all the other M-E carriers :angry:

thanx for the noses of my most favourite aircraft.......soaring triple B) B) . cdg, zrh and ams are the best for nose shots.......

MANA EK !!! :angry:

She (772) left from 08R, just like all the other M-E carriers :angry:

What to do...we're priority customers.. :p :p

Btw..a/c was Mike Hotel...

Edit: Wrong rego :p

Edited by Imran K.

Imran,

Here's a link of your "mana EK?" baby, not taken by me, but by another spotter CDG 19mar06:

http://www.flugzeugbilder.de/show.php?id=462196

Enjoy and how-come Mike-Hotel :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this