MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ken K. Kour

9M-MPR/9M-MPS Arrival Dates?

Seems like 744F are selling well.....

Seth K, many thanks for the photos!!!! :)

They should. After all the 747 was designed to be converted to freighters while passangers will fly around in the SSTs, like the B2707.

Intersting to note, the B747 is the LOSER in a competition for a USAF heavy lifter. The winner is the C-5 galaxy by Lockheed.

Anyway, nice to see more MH744 around, even freighters. Hope they'll need more pilots to fly them :rolleyes:

i love the 2 etihad 773ER at the back. can't wait to see it "hit the runway", which i means took off.

Azuddin

Ohh..those babies are wonderful! Heard "Etihaaaaad Niner Wang Wang Seben" requesting "10 myylleee tracckk forr threee zeelooo lighttt" last night.

Apparently they wanted to test their landing gear mechanisms as there was some malfunction inflight. All ok..they landed...and got a water canon salute too! :)

...forr threee zeelooo lighttt"

Japanese/Chinese pilots ???

Sounds Japanese, but something wrong with the names.

The name is emblazoned on his jacket...

Ohh..those babies are wonderful! Heard "Etihaaaaad Niner Wang Wang Seben" requesting "10 myylleee tracckk forr threee zeelooo lighttt" last night.

Apparently they wanted to test their landing gear mechanisms as there was some malfunction inflight. All ok..they landed...and got a water canon salute too! :)

any idea when it will be delivered. i just love the etihad ivory finish fuselage and it very well goes with the gold Etihad marking. for new airline, EY is beautiful

Azuddin

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Presenting to you MAS' latest Boeing 747-4H6 Freighter 9M-MPR. Hats off to Matt Cawby, local Boeing Paine Field spotter. Thanks mate!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

cooool

now it's finally off the ground

Azuddin

Woohoo! Finally a B744F in MAS colours. :D

While it's sad to hear that some passenger 744 may have to leave, it's sure a happy sight to see some new 744F coming. :p

i've been in a FedEx 727-200F during my tour at Will P. Hobby Airport at Houston. the inside is dark and cold. just like being in a container trailer with only one or two dim lightbulb. the floor has a narrow walkway because on the left and right is a conveyor belt which were used to carry the container to the back.

the tour guide told me that the difference between pax and F aircraft is the cargo bay doesn't really require presurize like pax a/c.

Azuddin

guys....

just got this of PAPA ROMEO,

MH5408 PAE/TPE 0001/ND0600 LT 22/23Mar Ferry Flt

MH6075 TPE/KUL 0800/1230 LT 23 Mar Extra Flight (Fitst Revenue Flight)

PAE: Paine Field

TPE: Taipei

LT: Local Time

PAE/TPE: Ferry flt N not open for Commercial sale. Only non revenue items and staff will be on board

TPE/KUL: 1st Revenue Flight

Boeing will assist to do o/flt/landing permit n slot application for PAE/TPE/KUL

Reception ceremony will be held in KUL

BLK time PAE/TPe: 14hrs

BLK Time TPE/KUL: 4.30hrs and payload available 120tons

9M-MPR will be grounded from 24th to 26th Mar for Pre Svc Mod and Familiarization Program

1st Commercial Flt out of KUL will be advised seperately

i am going spotting now.

Here she is, taxiing to the cargo complex at about 12:25PM.

I was slightly late at the Obs Hill to catch her landing. :angry:

I am sure other spotters will have a new thread for this later.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Very nice shot of this new lady, chaity, however I'm also very "touched" by the other beauty in the background: the Czech Government TU154M :o :o

Any registration available ?

Very nice shot of this new lady, chaity, however I'm also very "touched" by the other beauty in the background: the Czech Government TU154M :o :o

Any registration available ?

Hi pieter, from my larger size of the photo, Reg#1003.

Very nice photo Chaity. Sparkling clean and nice to see the short upper deck 747 back in MAS fleet again after a few months of absence.

Wonder if she will be given name as "Kota Kinabalu" or "Kuching" and ---MPS will get the other one.

Boeing News Release

Boeing Delivers Malaysia Airlines System’s First 747-400 Freighter

EVERETT, Wash., Mar. 22, 2006 – Malaysia Airlines System’s (MAS) cargo operation (MASkargo) took delivery Monday of its first Boeing [NYSE: BA] 747-400 Freighter. The airplane departed Everett’s Paine Field late last night and is the first of two 747-400Fs that MASkargo will receive this year.

"The Boeing 747-400 Freighter is the mainstay of the world’s air cargo fleet and will be a real boost to MASkargo’s capabilities," said Paul Dubeck, director of Sales, Boeing Commercial Airplanes. "Asia is projected to experience air cargo traffic that exceeds the world average over the next 20 years, and Malaysia Airlines will be well-positioned to take advantage of that growth.”

The global air cargo industry is one of the fastest growing segments of the aviation market. The Boeing World Air Cargo Forecast 2004/2005 projects that the air cargo industry will grow at an average annual rate of 6.2 percent, significantly higher than projected passenger traffic rates. Cargo traffic growth rates in excess of 7 percent are projected for Asian routes -- the largest increases in the world over the next 20 years.

The 747-400 Freighter is the largest commercial cargo transport in service, with the lowest ton-mile cost in the industry. The 747-400 Freighter family has no peer among today's cargo airplanes with more than 110 in service worldwide, operated by the world's leading air cargo carriers. The 747-400 Freighter can carry 124 tons (113,000 kg) of cargo up to 4,450 nautical miles (8,240 km).

In all its versions, the worldwide fleet of 747 Freighters -- nearly 300 in all -- provides more than half the world's dedicated freighter capacity. The 747 Freighter is a key element in the development of air cargo into today's $50 billion industry.

Guys,

9M-MPR is gracing the R-platform just now, on her 1st ever visit to Amsterdam-Schiphol; opposite of her, is 9M-TGR, a Transmile MD11F, parked on the S-platform, also on a f/v (= first visit): quite a good Malaysian day at AMS !!!

Anyhow, find below a list of aircraft seen recently around the Seattle area between 20-23MAR06:

Boeing Field

EI-DLI RYANAIR

EI-DLJ RYANAIR

EI-DLK RYANAIR

B-5148 SHANGHAI

B-5222 CHINA SOUTHERN

B-5208 CHINA EASTERN

N286AT AIRTRAN

N WESTJET LINE NO 1912 ????

D-ATUD HAPAG.FLY.COM

D-ATUE HAPAG.FLY.COM

D-ATUG HAPAG.FLY.COM Arr from Renton 22/03/06

N234WN SOUTHWEST

N LINE NO 1908

N6067U LINE NO 1843

N1786B LINE NO 1910

N553AS ALASKA

N6055X American ex N780AN

RENTON 21March 2006

D-ATUG HAPAG.FLY.COM

N1786B LINE NO 1911

N1786B LINE NO 1913 Looked like RAM rudder.

N????? in the paint shop could of been the Alaska one.

EVERETT ( PAINE FIELD ) 22nd March 2006

FLIGHT LINE

PH-BQM 777 KLM

A6-ETC 777 ETHIAD

A6-EBM 777 EMIRATES

N745AM 777 AERO MEXICO

F-GSQM 777 AIR FRANCE

JA734A 777 ANA

N767AJ 777 AA 7CB on NWD

N 767 Unidentified

HANGERS

N746AM 777 AERO MEXICO

JA 777 ANA Thirty second 777 for ANA on a sticker.

A6-ETD 777 ETHIAD Having seats installed

PH-BQ_ 777 KLM LINE NO 561

777 Unidentified

747 Unidentified

767 Unidentified

MPR next flights : MH6166/6167/6136/6137/6190/6191 DXB/PEN v.v 28 Mac - 2 Apr.

2 Apr she going to AMS once again as MH 6132. B)

Looks like its' utilisation is being maximised. That's good.

Sign in to follow this