MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Radzi

Low Cost Air Terminal at KLIA

Rather than hijacking LeeCH's topic, let us start a new one.

Another picture to share.

IPB Image

Next month things will be different here.

Kapitan..

I heard that LCC new terminal is actually a reverse land for cargo terminal to expand in the future..

I had read it before in news paper that pioneer peoples of KLIA is really mad with this decision, because for them MAB still with old minded, as long as there's a land... then build up with new project... in future..problem if need to expand the current size.

ok..here are the photos i took mid January...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

When they say Low cost air terminal, I didn't expect much. Luton in the UK is really like a warehouse. But the shops in Luton is the basic kind of shops you get on the high street I would say, but nothing fancy. No aerobridge, so when it is cold and rainy, you have to really run to the aircraft. But luton still has the basic stuff like car rental desks, taxi counters, simple restaurants... just like a train station. The airport tax is low, and this makes a huge difference. Swiss and BA had the same basic fare with Easyjet for Zurich-London, but the airport tax difference between Heathrow and Luton is more than RM150. Even then, Easyjet has stopped flying to ZRH and now only fly to Basel from Luton, because even the airport tax in ZRH is too high. I hope that LCAT also means lower airport tax for passengers, otherwise, to whom do they pass the savings to?

Wonder if there are shops in the terminal, would they be low cost as well? Would the canteen be like a hawker food court with normal prices? Everything must be consistent with low cost, right?

And the location.... they could not have chosen somewhere further. If I look at the grand plan of KLIA, with the second MTB in the future, this location is very remote!

In today's TV news article, there will be free bus service from the LCC terminal to the MTB.

My only hope is that the retailers there charge sensible prices to commensurate with the LCC concept. And perhaps sensibly priced public transport to KL, using decent equipment. And NO touts.

hi azman ,

my name is khushwant .... i saw that ur on a flight to SYD on the 25/2 on MH 123? i am also on the same flight , at 9pm.... so maybe we could meet up?

Sweet! I've got seat 10A.... at the moment... My dad trying to convince me to stay an extra day in KL and golf with him...

Don't expect any architectural award for this building. Even T1 and T3 at Subang looked better! :p

saw footage from TV3 on this LCCT...remind me of IKEA's markethall...very plain..

Sweet! I've got seat 10A.... at the moment... My dad trying to convince me to stay an extra day in KL and golf with him...

haha...waht a coincidence , mine is 8K...but my dad cant convince me to stay n play golf, coz i got UNI starting , n that sucks to go back...haii...n e ways , will be glad to meet u on board..

business right????

In today's TV news article, there will be free bus service from the LCC terminal to the MTB.

My only hope is that the retailers there charge sensible prices to commensurate with the LCC concept. And perhaps sensibly priced public transport to KL, using decent equipment. And NO touts.

When they said "Free bus Service" than.. its no longer "low cost"

since somebody got to pay for that service

most probably thru' airport tax.

Thus... some pax have to pay for services they are not using... :huh: :blink:

I would say... you pay for only services you're using,

You want to fly.. pay Air Asia

Using the terminal for checking-in... pay airport tax

Need a ride to MTB... pay bus service or drive your own car or get a taxi... :unsure:

Agree with Norman,

It is low cost because you only pay for minimum. Anything extra means you pay extra.

In Luton, if you have an Easyjet receipt, you can ride the bus for GBP5 into London west end (I think... maybe gone up now). Otherwise, you can take the train also for a discount. This solves the parking issue. Easyjet encourages people to use the bus/train and the bus/train gets good volume so do not have to charge too much to break even.

I think I would not mind having to pay up to 50sen or RM1 to transfer between terminals... the only problem is that if you are an international to international passenger, would you have RM1 on you?

Khush - I challenge you to some interactive games onboard! (if it doens't break down...) Maybe we meet at lounge? Please PM me your tel.... I guess you already know what I look like?

Looks like it'll be opening on the 23rd of March instead of the 6th of March

Low Cost Carrier Terminal At KLIA To Be Operational On March 23

SEPANG, Feb 10 (Bernama) -- The low cost carrier (LCC) terminal at the KL International Airport in Sepang will be operational on March 23 this year, Transport Minister Datuk Seri Chan Kong Choy announced here Friday.

The soft launch of the terminal, to be officially known as Low Cost Carrier Terminal, will be on March 9, he told reporters at a press conference after a tour of the LCC terminal.

Chan expects more low cost carriers to operate at the terminal in future. The terminal will be initially used by AirAsia including AirAsia Thailand and AirAsia Indonesia.

"We welcome other low cost carriers to operate here. At the moment, we have received few response from other low cost carriers," he said, refusing to disclose the airline companies.

Chan said that free shuttle services will also be provided to passengers from the LCC terminal to KL International Airport.

He said that AirAsia is expected to move its entire operation from the main terminal in KL International Airport to the LCC terminal by March 23.

The minister also said that there are sufficient parking space for aircraft at the LCC terminal.

-- BERNAMA

How many parking Spots are there Gonna be???

And other that Air Asia using the Lcc Which other Airlines are Going to Use it??

Thanks..

And other that Air Asia using the Lcc Which other Airlines are Going to Use it??

Thanks..

600 parking spots allocated, at last count :p

Don't know whether those include staff parking or not :o :huh:

At the moment only Air Asia... <_>

hmmm... this is going to make it hell for passengers flying MH to connect aye... The time to get from Arrival (Satellite/MTB) to Departure (LCAT) will be ages im sure, especially with the extremely punctual malaysian bus system

cant really get an idea where is the LCAT located... near the Pos Malaysia ? so if driving, which way to go? kargo(F1 circuit way)? or they have new road to the terminal?

Thanks..

This LCC terminal have 30 parking bay for 737 and A320. AirAsia will use 26 of them.

600 parking spots allocated, at last count :p

Don't know whether those include staff parking or not :o :huh:

At the moment only Air Asia... <_>

According to a friend, the latest VO (variation order?) is for about 1000 parking lots.

Remember the roundabout in front of the KLIA mosque? That will be the biggest problem in the traffic flow around the area. Just remember that I said this first here....

Sign in to follow this