MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
MIR

Subang (WMSA/SZB) 2011

this bird currently at AOR...parked at remote bay...too far for my lens @300mm <_<

Is the aircraft own by some Kedah businessman? I heard a new charter company will be open in AOR by someone related to Kedah ex-MB.. Also noticed that some renovation is done to the old terminal near the weather station at the airport.. Any idea what is it for?

Is any of these related to d aircraft?

Sorry to deviate miles off-topic but juz curious..

Edited by Syukri

More action from SZB on Valentine's Day.

Here is something that every busy airport does from time to time - runway closed for inspection and cleaning:

144302.jpg

Berjaya's 9M-TAL arrival was more dramatic:

144303.jpg

And the RMAF's Hercules tanker departing heavy complete with prop vortices:

144301.jpg

Back to today's sad event - the departure of 9M-TGS to its new owners. SZB will not see these magnificent tri-jets anymore as the final Transmile aircraft is due to depart on 24 Feb.

144300.jpg

flee, nice one yahx.. hahaa~ I wil update you guys again for the 4th one... for now its on 24th...

not sure the time yet.. xD

Want to share something here, this was shot quite long ago, when tri-jets still ruled SZB...

p1010140x.jpg

we have a daily flight to HKG-ANC-LAX

Fantastic shots, guys! :clapping: I saw an AirAsia B737 fuselage on a low loader at PLUS Highway around 6.30PM today. Its parked near the Petronas station, not far from the Subang Toll Plaza (Location :3° 7'9.12"N, 101°35'35.31"E). Didn't manage to get a photo of it... the livery is similar to 9M-AAF. Anyone has any info on it?

Fantastic shots, guys! :clapping: I saw an AirAsia B737 fuselage on a low loader at PLUS Highway around 6.30PM today. Its parked near the Petronas station, not far from the Subang Toll Plaza (Location :3° 7'9.12"N, 101°35'35.31"E). Didn't manage to get a photo of it... the livery is similar to 9M-AAF. Anyone has any info on it?

I didn't see the rego the other day, but it is one of the PK birds (not AAF for sure). It was torn into 3 pieces; fuselage into two and the vertical fin in one piece. Heard that they were sold to two aviation training schools. :drinks:

As those guys covered in the morning, i was happen to be there in the evening to shot this weird looking plane prop facing the back.

pk-vvxs1024.jpg

First time seeing prop engine facing the back . ( sry for being so jakun.)

Always wanted to catch this plane and manage to do it today.

Looking at the condition of the plane..

2.jpg

Ex Mas Cargo

1.jpg

Ex ANA

As those guys covered in the morning, i was happen to be there in the evening to shot this weird looking plane prop facing the back.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/nelsonboy3/pk-vvxs1024.jpg

First time seeing prop engine facing the back . ( sry for being so jakun.)

Wow, I am equally jakun as well. What aircraft is this? Indon some more.

Its a Piaggio P180 Avanti. It is one of the fastest turbo props and has a canard wing on the nose. Its interior is also very roomy and the fuselage is also supposed to create lift!

Operated by Susi Air: http://www.susiair.com/

This is a Piaggio P180 Avanti II powered by PW PT6A-66B with a maximum cruising speed of 722km/h.

Edited by Li Ren

I didn't see the rego the other day, but it is one of the PK birds (not AAF for sure). It was torn into 3 pieces; fuselage into two and the vertical fin in one piece. Heard that they were sold to two aviation training schools. :drinks:

who's do the jobs to cut into the pieces? which school bought it?

Give me an idea... I know acquiring old Mig from third world country n brought them back will be logistical nightmare, so when I've become a very rich old guy I will buy a written-off airliners (737/a320 will do) n make it as a monument in my place.... Must be really bloody awesome... :rolleyes:

Wow, I am equally jakun as well. What aircraft is this? Indon some more.

It's not anything to be jakun la bro. Just that we don't see it in abundance nowadays mainly due to many disadvantages operating it commercially. They're basically called pushers, pushing the a/c through the air instead of the forward mounted props which tractor the a/c (pull) through air. :drinks:

I wil update you guys again for the 4th one... for now its on 24th...

not sure the time yet.. xD

Thanks for the heads up on yesterday's departure. Hope I get the time to watch the departure of the final MD-11 next week.

Give me an idea... I know acquiring old Mig from third world country n brought them back will be logistical nightmare, so when I've become a very rich old guy I will buy a written-off airliners (737/a320 will do) n make it as a monument in my place.... Must be really bloody awesome... :rolleyes:

If I'm not mistaken, in America there's already a house built using a junked 747. How cool is that?

Woman to build house out of 747

"How much for that ANA 747?"

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Thanks for sharing, Sri Ramani :drinks: Where's that place ? :pardon:

Heard from fellow MWinger Alan that it is located somewhere near The Curve.

Was at SZB today for a short 4 hours. Some pics to share as almost ALL of them are uncommon for me :blink:

9M-TGG-SZB-17-02-11.jpg

Day started off with 9M-TGG taxiing to holding point RWY15.

FYCTGG-SZB-17-02-11.jpg

And you get a shot like this when you don't know where to focus your camera. 9M-TGG was on its takeoff roll while 9M-FYC was taxiing to the holding point. :lol:

9M-TAK-SZB-17-02-11.jpg

9M-TAK then landed not long later. Common to many, but rare to me!

M44-02-SZB-17-02-11.jpg

M44-02, CN235 opb by the RMAF.

9M-WAB-SZB-17-02-11.jpg

Weststar's AW139, 9M-WAB.

M41-03-SZB-17-02-11.jpg

Again, RMAF's Beech B200T, M41-03.

9M-TGN-SZB-17-02-11.jpg

TH's workhorse, 9M-TGN.

9M-NCU-SZB-17-02-11.jpg

Any idea who owns this C172P with the rego 9M-NCU?

9M-FYJ-SZB-17-02-11.jpg

It was this me & Hon Kit was waiting for. 9M-FYJ - FY's latest addition to the fleet minus the SP Setia stickers!

M37-01-SZB-17-02-11.jpg

No idea where this Falcon was headed to. M37-01

M30-15-SZB-17-02-11.jpg

Finished your mission in CAI? Don't know if this bird was the one sent to CAI, but it's always nice to see a C130 land. M30-15

VH-PNW-SZB-17-02-11.jpg

VH-PNW. I don't have any idea regarding this plane, be it the owner or even the type. It took off earlier and requested an immediate clearance to land due to "door unlatched". Appreciate any info about this bird.

I left as soon as it started raining. More good days with good light and sky to come. Cheers!

Saw this tweet from Johan F. Khairuddin aka JFK

@jfkjohan Yey we got our 2 new planes in! Hehe gonna go take 'em up now and check it. http://plixi.com/p/77956700

I believe 9M-NCU is in that pic, further from the camera

Edited: AIR ADVENTURE FLYING CLUB (AUROTEL AVIATION S/B) me(JFK) & capt. andreas walther

Edited by Keith Ng

Some info about VH-PNW courtesy of Capt. Radzi.

Power Driven Aeroplane with tricycle - retractable landing gear

2 Piston engines

Manufacturer: VULCANAIR S.P.A.

Model: AP68TP-600

Serial number: 9010

Aircraft first registered in Australia: 31 January 2011

Some info about VH-PNW courtesy of Capt. Radzi.

Or rather, from CASA search engine. This one is official, so it can be trusted. Other regos with official registry includes N,G and ZK.

Edited by Radzi

Or rather, from CASA search engine. This one is official, so it can be trusted. Other regos with official registry includes N,G and ZK.

TQVM Capt.

Just to add, also spotted this bird today

M-GFOR-SZB-17-02-11.jpg

M-GFOR, G IV. Landed on RWY 33 ( :blink: :blink: ) and taxied into Skypark. Sorry for the quality as this is the best I could get.

:drinks:

M-GFOR, G IV. Landed on RWY 33 ( :blink: :blink: ) and taxied into Skypark. Sorry for the quality as this is the best I could get.

Thanks for sharing Sri Ramani - finally we got a non-hazy, good light day at SZB! :) But that brings heat haze problems too!

I managed to get this one as well! :)

145687.jpg