MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Waiping

BKI 2011

Full. Forward sales are quite good.

My family took MH120 on 28Jan PER-BKI, feedback from her...very old aircraft used and it like a budget airline.( worst than AK).

If MAS use old aircraft for this sector then I guess it won't last long. :( (very sad)

Hey all,

Are there any good spots within the airport terminal for photography in BKI? Going there in March but again it's a group travel thing, likely only have a chance to spot from the terminal. Thanks in advance. :)

inside terminal only can do spotting freely at Gate 6-13, the domestic gates. other than that is not able to walk near the window unless u got the boarding pass and Terminal Pass. :)

inside terminal only can do spotting freely at Gate 6-13, the domestic gates. other than that is not able to walk near the window unless u got the boarding pass and Terminal Pass. :)

Are the domestic gates publicly accessible? I will be flying AK from/to SIN.

Are the domestic gates publicly accessible? I will be flying AK from/to SIN.

You can spot from inside T2 after you have pass through immigration. Gate 6-13 are actually at T1.

as per Waiping mentioned, Gate 6-13 is Terminal 1. for Temrinal 2, can just spot from the departure hall, no partition except for Inter-Sabah departure. or if you're early arrive in the airport, you can try walk towards the end of the terminal (Arrival exit), you can also do some simple spotting session near the fences, next to the carpark.

here's the spot,

31106_396793554819_713189819_3926960_3398492_n.jpg

*picture credit to Rayner

My family took MH120 on 28Jan PER-BKI, feedback from her...very old aircraft used and it like a budget airline.( worst than AK).

If MAS use old aircraft for this sector then I guess it won't last long. :( (very sad)

:huh: B734 was utilised for this sector? Or 9M-MLx series B738?

:huh: B734 was utilised for this sector? Or 9M-MLx series B738?

Probably those 9M-MLx series. Hmm. The new ones gone tech at that time?

Edited by Alif A. F.

Never knew that some of AK's A320 were ETOPS certified.

dsc4150a.jpg

Waiping, wanted to call you for a spotting session while I was there but I was only there from Tuesday till today. Decided not to disturb your CNY holidays. Maybe next time! :drinks:

Waiping, wanted to call you for a spotting session while I was there but I was only there from Tuesday till today. Decided not to disturb your CNY holidays. Maybe next time! :drinks:

No problem. Weather not so good today anyway. :(

Sup guys Im newbie spotter,

wanna ask you guys, did you guys bring ladder when shooting ?

because the fence is really tall.

Me shot twice and with the same common spot in tj.aru beach 3 there. Is there any nicer spot ? :)

Sup guys Im newbie spotter,

wanna ask you guys, did you guys bring ladder when shooting ?

because the fence is really tall.

Me shot twice and with the same common spot in tj.aru beach 3 there. Is there any nicer spot ? :)

Hmm, Try spot from Runway 02? Im nt sure about the road currently but i think the road is closed currently. Or the T2 terminal Spotting? Btw, I dont bring ladder when spotting. :pardon:

Edited by Michael Chai

Probably those 9M-MLx series. Hmm. The new ones gone tech at that time?

Not tech, just busy elsewhere. It's not easy to guarantee MX series when their is only 3 in the fleet at present. Having said that, only twice has Perth recieved ML series (1x MLF, 1x MLG)

if not mistaken MXC still based in KUL rite?

Jason, Beach 3 is the best spot for evening, and we don bring ladders due to the walking distance. :p

I spoke too soon. MH120/121 last night was opb MLH another first time visitor to Perth

I hope my trip to PER in Mar11 is not ML version lol. :huh:

as per Waiping mentioned, Gate 6-13 is Terminal 1. for Temrinal 2, can just spot from the departure hall, no partition except for Inter-Sabah departure. or if you're early arrive in the airport, you can try walk towards the end of the terminal (Arrival exit), you can also do some simple spotting session near the fences, next to the carpark.

here's the spot,

31106_396793554819_713189819_3926960_3398492_n.jpg

*picture credit to Rayner

Any security issues if spotting here?

Daniel, it should be fine. just remember when MAHB/MAB personnels approach you, just tell them politely for fun/hobby/collection/or-what-so-ever. :lol: if you feel that they are friendly enough, maybe can direct show them your picture from ur LCD to inspire them? :p

Daniel, it should be fine. just remember when MAHB/MAB personnels approach you, just tell them politely for fun/hobby/collection/or-what-so-ever. :lol: if you feel that they are friendly enough, maybe can direct show them your picture from ur LCD to inspire them? :p

Thanks Samuel :)

This some photo that my father capture on his buisness trip to Sabah.This photos are from Sabah to Kuala Lumpur.Capture with Nikon CoolPix P7000.Sorry for the bad quality.

Malaysia Airlines 737-800(9M-MXB)Taxiing to holding point.

DSCN1549.jpg

Malaysia Airlines 737-400(9M-MQF)Land on runway 02.

DSCN1550.jpg

Malaysia Airlines 737-800(9M-MXB)Takeoff on runway 02.

DSCN1551.jpg

Malaysia Airlines 737-400(9M-MQF)Taxiing to Gate.Dirty Plane :mellow:

DSCN1552.jpg

Edited by Zamir