MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Waiping

BKI 2011

The shortest for me would be LBU-BKI several years ago on a 734. It took just 13 minutes. No kidding !

Really fun sector, isn't it? 5000 ft, 300 kts overflying Kuala penyu area, slow down for the approach. And if weight is low, a quick stop to prevent ATC from asking to hold at T2.

Really fun sector, isn't it? 5000 ft, 300 kts overflying Kuala penyu area, slow down for the approach. And if weight is low, a quick stop to prevent ATC from asking to hold at T2.

but it's nightmare for cabin crew. have to serve in speed.

especially Rwy32 departure, Rwy02 arrival. or Rwy20 departure, Rwy14 arrival. :lol:

but it's nightmare for cabin crew. have to serve in speed.

especially Rwy32 departure, Rwy02 arrival. or Rwy20 departure, Rwy14 arrival. :lol:

Serve in speed? For 13 mins, don't think they even have time to distribute! :) Isaac do you remember if they ever distribute the drinks on such short 13 mins sector?

It would probably like serving a fully loaded B734 from BKI - LBU. Make another turn so that everyone can finish their drinks.

Indeed it is. It was a first for me too. I actually flew from KUL that day. Plane had a brief stop in LBU before continuing for its final leg to BKI. If my memory serves me correctly, it was the last 734 flight from LBU to BKI for the day.

Serve in speed? For 13 mins, don't think they even have time to distribute! :) Isaac do you remember if they ever distribute the drinks on such short 13 mins sector?

No. It was made through PA that the drink service had to be canceled due to the extreme bad weather that night. It was raining heavily and the whole journey was like a roller-coaster ride. Okay, roller-coaster ride is an exaggeration :lol: Anyway, the plane was shaking terribly all the way to BKI and the fasten seat belt sign was never switched off.

It would probably like serving a fully loaded B734 from BKI - LBU. Make another turn so that everyone can finish their drinks.

We did make a turn. But it wasn't because the crews hadn't finish serving drinks. What happened was our plane aborted landing that night. Our plane was coming in from Putatan. The spoilers were all fully deployed and even i can see the runway below our plane already. It was just a few seconds before touching down but the plane suddenly aborted landing when we flew past Terminal 2. Anyway, the plane then flew over Sutera Harbour towards UMS, made a turn and this time, our plane came in from Tanjung Aru instead.

We did make a turn. But it wasn't because the crews hadn't finish serving drinks. What happened was our plane aborted landing that night. Our plane was coming in from Putatan. The spoilers were all fully deployed and even i can see the runway below our plane already. It was just a few seconds before touching down but the plane suddenly aborted landing when we flew past Terminal 2. Anyway, the plane then flew over Sutera Harbour towards UMS, made a turn and this time, our plane came in from Tanjung Aru instead.

Spoilers deployed even before touch down?? And you saw the runway below the plane as in directly below? What aircraft was that again? :p

Spoilers deployed even before touch down??

Alright. I thought the thing that is usually deployed before touching town is call spoilers. I believe it's called flaps or something ? You could have just given the correct term you know ? To clear the air once and for all.

Edited by Isaac

Seems like BI is not scheduling daily early morning flights to BKI anymore. However, according to flightstats another T7 will be here 0750 on Sunday.

Seems like BI is not scheduling daily early morning flights to BKI anymore. However, according to flightstats another T7 will be here 0750 on Sunday.

Thanks for the info. I think I should not laze around and go spot it already.

its rare burung !

Alright. I thought the thing that is usually deployed before touching down is called spoiler. Anyway, i believe it's called flaps or something ? You could have just given the correct term you know ? To clear the air once and for all.

Spelling mistake :)

Man ... they will surely loss many connecting passengers to HKG, BKK, PVG etc :nea:

Edited by Isaac

Man ... they will surely loss many connecting passengers to HKG, BKK, PVG etc :nea:

Maybe a case of MH vs AK and BI simply just lose out. I remember BI used to offer way cheaper return ticket price compared to MH, and when MH advertise you can be sure BI will follow about a month later. But that's history now. :(

I was thinking of catching her arrival but she came in early today and depart on time.

V8BLF.jpg

I also saw this 777 flying over my hotel when school holiday vacation at Kota Kinabalu this weekend

Edited by Zamir

I think you meant the 772 is not scheduled for those early morning flights?

I can see that the early morning flights continue into the northern summer schedules but on the airbuses.

Caught today. Was looking for that Changi beach effect but too bad weather was not cooperating. :(

V8-BLC.jpg

Nice shot, nontheless, Waiping !!! :good:

(really like these colours on the 777)

Indeed a very classy livery on a classy airframe. :good:

Good capture.

Tomorrow she come again. STD 0750 :)

Better catch it when you can. Next week or the week after will revert back to the A319/A320.

:o always late sleeping missed again :x

It's coming again tomorrow 7.50AM arrival 8.50AM departure :clapping: Sleep early wake up early got SPOT XD.

It's coming again tomorrow 7.50AM arrival 8.50AM departure :clapping: Sleep early wake up early got SPOT XD.

Today got A319 but i don't bother it.

Yup tomorrow 777ER @ 7.50am again arrival :D

aiyooooooooo !!!

No good lar today. Why so early arriva wan. swt. 7.35Am already landed :x Doh !!

While i was walking to the path, I saw an aircraft prepare for landing duno it was RBA 772ER then when i was near the wood fences there it already touched down. :(

Sob sob.

TXol1.jpg

9AM Depart

3lfS3.jpg

Lovely shots, love the spirit of trying different angles and such.. :drinks: