MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Waiping

BKI 2011

I thought read somewhere that MH specifically mentioned Firefly as the LCC arm for them. :help:

According to the NST video I shared on the other thread, the Firefly CEO said that it is a community airline using the low cost business model for its operations.

well, AK itself will move to the terminal 1 BKI somewhere in the mid Jan. The Terminal 2 will be converted into freight/cargo terminal.

err i thought AK@T1 in july?

The Terminal 2 will be converted into freight/cargo terminal.

Anyone heard the bit about using T2 for international charter flights, alongside the freight/cargo that is ?! :blink:

I think BKI-KIX also having inaugural flight on Jan 15

It's only inaugural if you qualify it with '738 fight' :)

We used to have BKI-KIX vv services remember ?

Then the axe fell ..... :pardon:

It's only inaugural if you qualify it with '738 fight' :)

We used to have BKI-KIX vv services remember ?

Then the axe fell ..... :pardon:

Re-inaugural then... :D

Does anyone know what aircraft is still? This poster was put aside at 1st floor Sabah Flying Club. :(

IMG_0885A.jpg

Judging by the side windows, it's a Boeing 747(-100 series); 707 side-windows are more "V"formed... :pardon:

Evening HP quality shot of 9M-MXA and another MX* behind it :rolleyes:

DSC_0938-1.jpg

Missed Firefly's first flight to BKI did any of u guys managed to spot it?

Nice reason for a little gathering. Fellow Mwingers Sam, Meor, Ewan and myself were there to "shot" the new plane. :p Later joined by S M Tang who was on-board the flight. However the morning was full of surprises:-

- Inbound flight delayed 30 mins. Arrival at 1010.

- Outbound delayed until 1040 but eventually took off at about 1130.

- Both MXA & MXB were spotted at the hangar.

- 4 holers and an aborted landing.

9MFFA_0939_S215.jpg

Edited by Waiping

- Outbound delayed until 1040 but eventually took off at about 1130.

Yup, can verify that - sighted from Likas Sports Complex area, whilst driving

Wife kindly offered to take picture with her handphone - we then heard sarcastic sniggering from daughter when she reviewed effort. I won't have any pics to share :D

it's an AK. if not mistaken, that AK is my sister flight, and flight delayed for half an hour. delay announcement only made around 1030, STD 1045, ETD1120.

Who aborted landing and more pix please :drinks:

AK aborted landing due to a Southern Air still occupying the runway. My pics will be coming soon. Special thanks to Waiping for giving me directions to the spotting location.

Look forward to meeting you and the other BKI M'Wingers during CNY. Sam and Meor coming in with their M'Wings polo was really cool. Nice to meet you too Ewan!

Yup, Southern Air B747 arrived around 1046 (time shown on my picture) and backtrack towards T1. However before can clear the runway an inbound AK already on the horizon with landing gear down. Here is picture I took around 1050.

IMG_0986a.jpg

Sam, did you ask your sister about the "maneuver"? I believe she probably could have seen or felt the plane descending with landing gear down, then all the sudden the plane pull up again.

Short spotting session with fellow M'Wingers after arriving in BKI. Once again, it was great to meet up with waiping, Sam, Meor and Ewan. Special shoutout to waiping for his help during my trip to BKI :drinks: Now I look forward to do some spotting with fellow SZB and KUL spotters :D

Jetstar Asia/Valuair was the first to depart after meeting up with waiping.

dsc3506.jpg

Our very own MH rotating.

dsc3521.jpg

The super loud Transmile B727. Can't believe I had to come all the way to BKI to watch her fly.

dsc3539g.jpg

And the main dish, 9M-FFA that brought me into and out of BKI.

dsc3551a.jpg

dsc3552g.jpg

Great close up of the FY B738 :good:

Any pix of the FY pilot as my friend's uncle is the Capt on duty for flight 9M-FFA and he would like to have a few pix of him taken by spotter :drinks:

nice set of pix Tang.. the last one also the killer shots. :lol:

LiRen, three Captain onboard that flight. one of them is on-line training. another is safety.