MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ikman Ikreza

Silverfly Airlines

Silverfly airline (Silverfly Sdn Bhd) operates from Ipoh (Sultan Azlan Shah Airport) and currently this airline make a partnership with Riau Airlines for Ipoh - Medan - Ipoh Sector. This airline will expanding in near future will purchase aircrafts which might included Airbus A320, ATR72 and a corporate jet. This airline belongs to Malaysian and based in Ipoh. Most of flight operations, they're making partnership with Riau Airlines. In future Silverfly planning to expand for route Ipoh-Kota Bharu, Ipoh-Langkawi, Ipoh-Kota Kinabalu, Ipoh-Labuan and Ipoh-Kuching. By yesterday, Silverfly ATR72 already make first landing at Sultan Ismail Petra Airport Kota Bharu.

100307204809.jpg

Photo : Utusan (M) Sdn. Bhd

I think maybe they want to test market first before make official launching of Silverfly. Silverfly owned by local bussinessman. Here some info for Silverfly.

SILVERFLY sedia kemudahan penerbangan Ipoh-Medan

Pelapor: azlan/sumber rtm

Tarikh: 03/01/2010

Ipoh- Usaha mempromosi industri pelancongan tidak terbatas kepada agensi kerajaan sahaja.

Sebaliknya turut dilakukan pihak swasta dan persendirian.

Satu lagi kemudahan penerbangan antara Ipoh-Medan diperkenalkan.

Selain mempromosi pusat pelancongan di kedua-dua negara ia juga akan merapatkan lagi hubungan serumpun Malaysia Indonesia.

Kemudahan itu disediakan sebuah syarikat penerbangan milik usahawan tempatan di Perak, SILVERFLY.

Ketua Pegawai Eksekutifnya, Ruby Hasim berkata Medan akan menjadi destinasi utama SILVERFLY.

Sejak mula beroperasi September lalu, SILVERFLY telah membuat 36 penerbangan ke Medan.

Beberapa bandar popular lain juga akan menjadi destinasi dalam masa terdekat.

Antaranya Ipoh-Kota Bharu, Ipoh-Langkawi, Ipoh-Kota Kinabalu, Ipoh-Labuan dan Ipoh-Kuching.

Ruby juga memberitahu pihaknya bercadang membeli kapal terbang sendiri sebagai langkah mengembangkan operasi ke destinasi antarabangsa yang lain.

Pesawat tersebut adalah tiga buah Air Bus 320 dengan 200 penumpang, ATR 72 dengan 100 penumpang dan Jet Eksekutif untuk korporat.

http://besonline.rtm.gov.my/details_BM.php?id=3205&pageno=5&field=bu_Title&order=ASC&title=Bisnes/Ekonomi

9M-TAQ actually belongs to Berjaya Air. Wonder if it was sold or leased to Silverfly.

Here currently corporate logo for Silverfly

1224_1004_C.jpg

SilverFly Smile Sdn Bhd

Lot G4, Lapangan Terbang Sultan Azlan

31350 Ipoh, Malaysia

Telefon: 605-311 1022

Fax: 605-312 1022

Anyone members at Ipoh can share with us more about these airline? Thanks.

Very creative name, we have Firefly and now Silverfly :rolleyes:

Ipoh has a small population, for an airline to base at IPH highly likely there is political involvement by either the States Government or the silver states royal family.

Since 9M-TAQ belongs to Berjaya, fair to speculate Berjaya is a partner?

Hope the airline is run by competent professionals and base on proven business model.

:drinks:

Mmm..doesn't mean to be rude but don't u guys think that ipoh is bit 'less market'? If they juz move to bigger airports such as Penang or Subang.......................

Good news for kelantanese and other malaysians commuting IPH - KBR vv

Heard it will start the IPH - KBR sector on this coming 18 march 2010. hope it will be materialised.

Besides it will also operates the SZB - IPH , IPH - MES , IPH - KBR , KBR - SZB.

Pls silvefly people , could you confirm this. It was said that the SZB - IPH had started since Jan 2010.

I really hope the Silverfly people could do more promotion on its routes so that the public will be aware of its existence.

This airline will expanding in near future will purchase aircrafts which might included Airbus A320, ATR72 and a corporate jet.

Be careful. Be very careful.

Edited by Radzi

Very creative name, we have Firefly and now Silverfly :rolleyes:

Ipoh has a small population, for an airline to base at IPH highly likely there is political involvement by either the States Government or the silver states royal family.

Since 9M-TAQ belongs to Berjaya, fair to speculate Berjaya is a partner?

Hope the airline is run by competent professionals and base on proven business model.

:drinks:

Could be there's state involvement...

just look at the uniform... state colours... :p

and the aircraft... still in Berjaya's livery?...

(can't see the tail logo... and I guess the lettering on the fuselage... "Berjaya Air" ?)

Just get a couple of beat-up 737s and do Subang-KotaBharu all day LCC-style, like bus service. Very niche, but I think can take off. :)

Just get a couple of beat-up 737s and do Subang-KotaBharu all day LCC-style, like bus service. Very niche, but I think can take off. :)

hahaha... 'like bus service'..

I googled for the airline, & I got this

first link

read the comment...

oh well.. ok I'll paste it here...

mn.samy says:

January 15, 2010 at 8:59 am

Flights are unreliable as they can be cancelled at the last minute as it happened on 14/01/2010 when passengers were told only at 5.45 p.m that the flight shceduled for 12.30 noon is cancelled after twice rescheduling the time and keeping the passengers waiting for more than 6 hours after checking in around 1 noon. Passengers were also not provided refreshments nor did the Siverfly make arrangements to book alternative flights for the passengers. Although the fare was refunded, passengers had to undergo a lot of inconvenience looking for alternative flights either through Penang or KL. Some passengers had come from as far as Kuala Kangsar and Taiping and had to return to their hometowns to make alternative arrangements. This is not the first time that this had happened in Ipoh airport and it would be better for the travelling public if Silverfly cancels its services until it gets it act in order so that passengers are not given false hopes and tremendous inconvenience. Siverfly is operating this service as though it it operating an express bus service from Medan Gopeng with very little professionalism and care towards its passengers.

What is more important is the long term survival of the airlines....we don't have much idea who is backing the airlines also...will it be something like...now you see and now you dont? let's just say time will determine....

Did heard about Asmara Air;but haven't got any idea what happened.Perhaps their plan was scrapped?

Hmmm... Perak state airline? Hence, 'Silver'fly? Look at the uniforms, Perak state flag colors!

Perhaps certain folks who are so eager to be in power have something to do with this? (Speculation)

One thing,There's no photos of 9M-TAQ in A.net! My guess that 9M-TAQ had just recently delivered!

I think this was born out of the frustration with the lack of air link between IPH and other destinations. Only time will tell if this gamble is a fruitful one.

Even though it's state own...are they keen to ensure the profitability of this airline or whereby it was set up with the tax payer money and when it's making losses....shut it down....well, very common scene in this boleh land....

According to my friends which working with MAS, route flight to KUL-KBR-KUL always high capacity passengers for domestic. Even when i back to KBR using FY or AK always almost and fully seat. I think because of these scenario, Silverfly look into new route IPH-KBR before they start from KUL-KBR in future or to Sabah and Sarawak soon.

hello everybody...saya salah seorang staff di silverfly..disini saya ingin perbetulkan sedikit kekeliruan among you guys and thanks to salah seorg member disini yg suruh saya share with you all information about silverfly..sebenarnya silverfly dimiliki penuh oleh sepasang suami isteri iaitu En Hasim Othman and Pn Ruby..En.hasim anak kelahiran penang atau kedah dan Pn. Ruby berasal dari Kelantan..mereka ini bukanlah keluarga diraja perak dan juga bukan anak jati perak tapi hasrat dan niat mereka untuk membangunkan negeri perak ini melalui airlines dan saya dengar insyaAllah airport Perak akan di upgrade x lme lgi..untuk pengetahuan anda semua, silverfly tidak lagi bekerjasama dengan Riau Airlines..Silverfly juga bekerjasama dengan Speedsjet Sdn Bhd dengan menyewa pesawat daripada berjaya air dan insyaAllah kita akan mempunyai pesawat sendiri tidak lama lgi.. setakat ini kita menyediakan perkhidmatan penerbangan dari subang ke ipoh, ipoh ke Medan dan yang terbaru dari ipoh ke Kota Bharu dan juga banyak laluan baru akan dibuka dan masih dalam perancangan..bagi pihak Silverfly, saya juga ingin memohon jutaan maaf kepada semua penumpang yang ingin ke Medan pada tarikh 14 Januari 2010 kerana pesawat dibatalkan pada saat-saat akhir kerana masalah tertentu..saya tak boleh terangkan apa masalahnya kerana ia membabitkan pihak lain dan jika penumpang menyalahkan Silverfly tidak mengapa..selepas kita mempunyai pesawat sendiri mugkin kita akan tetapkan jadual penerbangan dan kemungkinan banyak laluan baru akan dibuka untuk kesenangan rakyat di Ipoh dan juga rakyat di negeri lain..silverfly juga ingin mengucapkan jutaan terima kasih kepada Sultan Perak, Kerajaan Malaysia,Kerajaan Negeri Perak dan Rakyat Perak kerana memberi sokongan kepada silverfly..niat kami adalah untuk membangunkan Negeri Perak dan membantu rakyat negeri Perak dengan menjadikan Negeri Perak sebagai 'Hub' untuk pesawat kita seperti Firefly menjadikan Subang sebagai 'hub' bagi penerbangan mereka..saya akui dengan kata-kata salah seorang ahli forum yang mengatakan silverfly tidak profesional dan hal ini disebabkan oleh semua staff disini mahupun en. Hasim dan Pn. Ruby langsung tiada pengalaman dalam bidang ni dan kami semua ingin belajar kegigihan Tony Fernandez yang menerajui Air Asia..jangan memperkecilkan negeri Ipoh dan insyaAllah suatu hari nanti Airport Ipoh akan dinaiktaraf seperti Airport di Penang dan tempat-tempat lain..Terima kasih atas perhatian anda semua..

Dienisz,

Thanks for details explanation. I think, it's good new route IPH-KBR by Silverfly but i didn't know and heard about route IPH-SZB-IPH before. Maybe one day i must try using Silverfly from SZB-IPH and IPH-KBR. How about pricing? Can u share with us?