MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ikman Ikreza

Silverfly Airlines

9M-TAH was displayed during the launching today. Silverfly decals on the fuselage next to the rear exits. CLICK HERE

Thanks for the picture link. It's seems Silverfly decals on aircraft 9M-TAH for the time being as temporary and Berjaya Air logo still on rear tail.

9M-TAH? That's Dash 7 right?

Thanks for the link Mir.

Yup, Dash 7..here registration info,

#. Assignment Holder Name of Aircraft Callsign Assignment No Expiry Date

221. BERJAYA AIR SDN BHD DHC-7-110 9M-TAH 01313387-000SU/42010 31st December 2010

http://www.skmm.gov.my/registers1/aa.asp?cc=6171273623290438092&vl=&aa=AAAero&fpg=8

I forgot to ask this important question; Does Silverfly operating Berjaya Air aircraft on ACMI (Aircraft,Crew,Maintenance & Insurance) basis?

hahaha ... i just visted the website. not only are most of the links dead, even the Follow Us on icons don't lead anywhere.

I think they hired someone's kid to do this ? from the level of work, probably a 12 year old with wordpress. :D

makes me wonder how they would handle flight ops, hiring proficient crew, customer service .. the list goes on. Sure you may "links" in Perak, but when you fly into other places how do you expect to support your operation ?

what I'm guessing is a gullible owner. Even if I had no experience in a particular field, I would still boost confidence in my staff INSTEAD of telling them "it's alright, we're all new to this, we're expected to make mistakes" which is the feeling i'm getting here.

either way, there are many more airlines flying into Riau and Silverfly will be at the very bottom of my list, if at all.

Can the ATR 72 flies that far?

To Riau non-stop, comfortably

Presumably will require multiple stops along the way if they deploy the ATR72 to Melbourne and Gold Coast :p

Incidentally, anyone else noticed Ipoh does not feature in their 'destination map' ?

Apa macam hub-hub bisnes :blink:

Just give them a chance to improve. It's normal. New thing, many mistakes. The most important for me is that I can travel from Perak to Kelantan comfortably with a fair fare.

Presumably will require multiple stops along the way if they deploy the ATR72 to Melbourne and Gold Coast :p

I guess SilverLieFly will use triple 7 for flights to down under :D Their in-flight service quite similar to V Australia. SilverFly teaming up with V Australia perhaps ?? :pardon:

svly.jpg

voz.jpg

Smile with SilverFly.. :D :D :D

Edited by MIR

Just give them a chance to improve. It's normal. New thing, many mistakes. The most important for me is that I can travel from Perak to Kelantan comfortably with a fair fare.

Yup, perhaps them will improve espc. on official website. First thing comsumer will look on website to gain information for schedule, services, bookings etc. For the time being, Silverfly fare for SZB-KBR a bit expensive for one way compare to FY and AK.

Just give them a chance to improve. It's normal. New thing, many mistakes .....

Would you say the same thing if you're at receiving end of even one of their "mistakes" ?

And by the very nature that flying leaves very little margin for errors, chances are quite good that you may not be around to complain of their "mistakes" - think flight safety :)

Just give them a chance to improve. It's normal. New thing, many mistakes.

It’s ok if we are talking about marketing campaign, lack of experience in handling customer complain, fleet utilisation etc… but plagiarism, is it an unintentional ‘mistake’ ?

I think that it is better not to unveil the website until it is properly designed and tested. Project management seems to be very weak at Silverfly. Ethics and professionalism is non-existent too. Well, if they want to survive, the only way they can go up. Otherwise they will sink like a ton of bricks.

STop apologising on their behalf.... they are making kindergarten errors....I'll give them 10 months...to thrive or close shop.

Btw,

does anybody else think that the colours and bird logo of Silverfly remind you of MSA (the winged tiger)?

STop apologising on their behalf.... they are making kindergarten errors....

Stop being so harsh on them .....

..... the kindergarten kids that is :p

A case of trying to do too much with too little or no preparation at all.

From NST Online:

New Ipoh airport strategy

2010/03/17

P. Chandra Sagaran

IPOH: The Sultan Azlan Shah Airport here will serve as a feeder airport to other airports in the region as it cannot compete with Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Sepang and the Penang International Airport in Bayan Lepas.

Perak Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Dr Zambry Abdul Kadir said the state would have to redefine its strategy for the airport.

"We have to re-define our strategy... not competing, but as a feeder airport to link to other airports in the country and region to attract visitors and investors," he said after launching Silver Fly Sdn Bhd's website and privilege card at the Sultan Azlan Shah airport here yesterday.

Silver Fly is a low-cost carrier operating two ATR-72 aircraft from Berjaya Air to service their routes.

Currently, Silver Fly operates flights to Medan (twice a week), Kota Baru (twice a week) and Subang (once a week). It will be flying to Singapore from April 1.

Silver Fly is the second airline to operate from the airport. Firefly flies from Ipoh to Singapore daily.

The company's executive chairman, Hasim Othman, said the airline was in talks to increase its routes to other countries.

Zambry said the airport's runway would also be extended with the RM60 million allocation approved by the Federal Government.

"I have spoken to Transport Minister Datuk Seri Ong Tee Keat to speed up the work on the project. I do not know when work will start but it is a priority project for the state."

Copying websites of Air Asia and V Australia: how childish (talking about kindergarten :p )

Also, where are our 2 Silverfly people/members ? :huh:

After my request for English, they remain quiet: are they able to speak English anyhow ? :huh:

The way I see it, BN wants to show the people of Perak that it can do instant wonders for the state if it is in power, as is at this moment.

Edited by Rozhan

Just had a look at their website and can't get anything to work.

Any airline that launches with a website as useless as this can't expect to be in business for long. Lets see if it is working OK in a weeks time.

As for copying another airlines website - what can you say!

Had to laugh when I read "Be captivated with SilverFly 's state of the art in-flight entertainment system". More like be disappointed!

However, I cant wait to fly Ipoh to Melbourne in a Dash7.

Geoff

The way I see it, BN wants to show the people of Perak that it can do instant wonders for the state if it is in power, as is at this moment.

Bah...

However, I cant wait to fly Ipoh to Melbourne in a Dash7.

More likely than not, that is exactly what you can only do for now ...... wait :p

In the meantime, there are the alternatives of SQ, MH, D7 etc

However, no one knows how these will pale in comparison to the very promising creature comforts promised in Silverfly's website, all neatly packaged into a ATR72 too

Oh, you did notice that no where is it stated Silverfly is to operate the Dash7 ? :)

Go to find flights - click "Find Flight", on the next screen click "Search", you will be able to see flight from Ipoh to Medan on 21/3/2010. Aircraft - Dash-7. (Hint : you need not enter "To" and "From", departure date & time etc... coz it doesn't work at all)

If you keep on clicking "Next", there is a few more interesting features on the "Payment Details" screen. The airline only allow the lead traveller to be :

1) 23 years old or below

2) a Malaysian, Singaporean or Indonesian only

3) book the ticket with an expired passport

Edited by Kee Hooi Yen

Go to find flights - click "Find Flight", on the next screen click "Search", you will be able to see flight from Ipoh to Medan on 21/3/2010. Aircraft - Dash-7. (Hint : you need not enter "To" and "From", departure date & time etc... coz it doesn't work at all)

If you keep on clicking "Next", there is a few more interesting features on the "Payment Details" screen. The airline only allow the lead traveller to be :

1) 23 years old or below

:rofl:

Here are a couple of positives I picked up from the previous proceedings :

Silver Fly is a low-cost carrier operating two ATR-72 aircraft from Berjaya Air to service their routes.

Currently, Silver Fly operates flights to Medan (twice a week), Kota Baru (twice a week) and Subang (once a week). It will be flying to Singapore from April 1.

With those sort of frequencies served by two aircrafts, I forsee no future issue with schedule reliability, cancelled flights etc. It must be company policy to have one aircraft on standby round the clock, ready to take over if/when the other aircraft goes unavailable for whatever reason

Yeah, much like how the yanks operate their VC-25's

..... The airline only allow the lead traveller to be :

1) 23 years old or below

A very thorough and extensive market study must have been conducted ( :clapping: :good: ) for management to be able to zoom in and target this quite unique and interesting market segment

Must also have concluded this said market segment is sufficiently large or excessively affluent to be able to support Silverfly as a viable business, to point of excluding other intending customers, if any

Heck, they will just have to contend with 'the other one' won't they ?! :)