MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan Kong

Spotting pictures

Come next week I think KUL based spotters should be ready for another round of VVIP flights. The 11th ASEAN Summit will be held in 12-14 December 2005, while the pre Summit Officers and Ministerial meetings will be several days before that.

Amongst the expected leaders flying in will be the Russian President, Vladimir Putin. So lets see what plane will he be flying into here, hopefully it will be the IL96M. I'm not execting these leader coming to KUL on a commercial flights. At least they will charter a plane of their respective national airlines.

But several years ago, the then Thai Prime Minister just took a normal commercial CX flight from Bangkok to Vancouver for the APEC meetings! Of course he sat in F Class.

Fitri,

About a month back, Mr. Putin visited the Netherlands on a State Visit, and was using an IL96 with "Rossya" titles !!!

Would love to come over to KUL for these ASEAN Summit guys: they all fly into KLIA or Subang ???

Waooo... What A Lucky Day... Catch the CX Strobe Light. wink.gif The Captain Look SO Young To Me.. biggrin.gif More More....

Guys, some pix i happen to browse by just now, while i went to HK,. sorry for quality..

This was taken on my flight to KLIA, dawn flight

user posted image

This one enroute to BKI before transitting to KCH.

user posted image

I caught her in action above my head while on tour hehe.. I wasn't concentrating on the tour i surpose.. kept my camera ready for planes pulak..

user posted image

The rest are taken at Chek Lap Kok Terminal

Tails Tails Tails.. All big ones..

user posted image

I love the new Vietnam Airline Color

user posted image

Taxi shots... sayang lousy quality..

user posted image

Caught this CX on rotation.. but not full.. damn ](*,)

user posted image

Enjoy.. tongue.gif

verry nice picture all hehee...btw that day when the AIRBUS A380 arrived in malaysia i saw the plane with my eyes right on the sky while i was on my way to SS15.haha should have brought camera along that time...then i can SNAP the picture of the FATTY! =P..hmmph TK there's a route passing by SS15 Subang Jaya izzit???Many planes pass by there...

Edited by Benjamin Ng

Waoooo... Nice Heat Wave.. Fuhhhhhhh... blink.gif

Realy Nice Nose Shoot Of 'Romeo Niner'

P.S for Ignatius : I Love Hong Kong And The Vietnam Air. Livery TOoo laugh.gif Is That Air Pacific With Island Livery Far Far Away Near ANA on this pic ???? . First Pic Amazing..

BTW. Why There Are Jaggy Line.. I think better resize it in PhotoShop.. Only 5 Ringgit.

Is That Air Pacific With Island Livery Far Far Away Near ANA on this pic ???? .

Ibrahim,

The 747 to the right of the ANA is a Northwest Cargo 747 Freighter with the dual NW-KL Cargo advertisement on her fuselage wink.gif

Ibrahim,

The 747 to the right of the ANA is a Northwest Cargo 747 Freighter with the dual NW-KL Cargo advertisement on her fuselage  wink.gif

19302[/snapback]

Thank Pieter.. Look Like You Have Better Eye Side Than Me. tongue.gif

Waoooo... Nice Heat Wave.. Fuhhhhhhh...  blink.gif

Realy Nice Nose Shoot Of 'Romeo Niner'

P.S for Ignatius : I Love Hong Kong And The Vietnam Air. Livery TOoo  laugh.gif Is That Air Pacific With Island Livery Far Far Away Near ANA on this pic ???? . First Pic Amazing..

BTW. Why There Are Jaggy Line..  I think better resize it in PhotoShop.. Only 5 Ringgit.

19297[/snapback]

Ibrahim . I believe its Romeo November biggrin.gif

And which pic got jaggy's . Don't see any smile.gif

I think there are, in my pix hehe, I'll spend RM5 and get photoshop hehe, paintshop not good enough it seems.. hehe.. amateur bah.. sorry sorry

Ibrahim . I believe its Romeo November  biggrin.gif

19360[/snapback]

Stupid Me Still Confius On Phonetic alphabets laugh.gif

KUL or KLIA or WMKK has been our pride for Malaysia Airlines and the Country.

We may be the Local spotters or the Local Aviation Enthusiasts at our wonderful home.

I tend to ignore MH aircrafts as my own personal collections of MH fleet has been more than 10GB. Nevertheless, we maybe see it as something "Boring" huh.gif

I have been to many places and their "Locals" always said..its "boring" today..

or..."nothing special today"....we should not forget...it is a special moment to spot as a Hobby and also as our own collection. As time pass by...it can be something we call..."history"...which i have met a few foreign spotter that are some how older than me, they have been telling me stories of what they capture through their lens in the 60s, 70s 80s and so on.

We here can still start now and not to leave the time pass by just like that without capturing something.

I understand some of us may not have a good equipment, but you must remember that one day you be able to have one, and start a few moment to share with the rest here.

As for now...why dont we enjoy it all together.. cool.gif

user posted image

Bad weather....not at KLIA wink.gif

user posted image

T K,

Agree with you 100% !!!

Your Kargo line-up picture is just fabulous (and bro Azahan will agree also, as it's a nose-shot aswell laugh.gif )

Agree with TK. The tools may be simple, but the images will be recorded for history, to be treasured decades later.

Agree with TK. The tools may be simple, but the images will be recorded for history, to be treasured decades later.

The nail right on the head, Rozhan, when I started photographing the "boring" KLM aircraft in 1969, they are treasures to me now: DC-9-10, DC-8-30, DC-8-50 with PAL stickers, etc....I cherish them now, NOT realizing that at that time rolleyes.gif

TK, feels the same with you.........

Years ago when I still live in Malaysia, the 737-2H6 Adv and F-27 is a boring sight for me.... but I kinda miss them now. Will even dig out the old photos of them to admire (haven't been able to do so yet).

After I came to NZ, all the Air NZ 737-219 Adv and Ansett NZ BAe 146 they had was also quite boring for me. Now I guess I also miss looking at the photos.

Hope we will get out collections together and someday we will admire them, say a few years from now? Thanks for reminding us.

Cheers TK!

Bunch of guys at KLIA spotting in a sunny weather there cool.gif

Subang was cloudy, gloomy like winter time in europe mad.gif

OZ 316 did an engine ground run, then ready for departure to somewhere which i cannot hear clearly the destination. 9 person on board with 8 hours of fuel.

user posted image

Then Transmile 31 Tango did a few slam dunk on runway 15 for endorsement flight, 5 person on board!!!

Took of from a Padi Field!!

9M-TGG

user posted image

Then weather getting worst...decided to call off the day.

Then...i heard.."Victor Eight Alpha Lima India Clear to land...." ohmy.gif

hhhmmmmm....wonder who that is...V8-ALI... huh.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Make your guess.......have a pleasant flight. laugh.gif

T K,

Great pictures, despite the gloomy weather (hehehe, it's SUNNY here after FOG, but only 2 degrees huh.gif ); at least the temperatures are better there laugh.gif

What the 737 in the Transmile picture ?

Love the vortices on the landing 747 wings wink.gif ; the Sultan coming in for shopping-, maintenance- or training-session ?

737... Kartika Airlines, moved/towed again to the Transmile hangar.

Before this was near the Cargo Apron.

Brunei...second wife holiday trip to "kampung" maybe...and ASEAN summit.

How come we all waiting for the Summit aircraft at KLIA, all we got is a Air Bagan ATR, and the big fish went to SZB?

Hey, let us all come to KLIA tomorrow (Sunday) and let see if any of the Summit aircraft turns up.

Sign in to follow this