MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Robin

How many ATR with MASWings now?

Only one for now, the 2nd should be coming soon. Keep on surfing on MW, you'll be notified.

Good to know you are excited about flying the ATR as well. Read somewhere on Malaysian Wings that the second plane will join MASwings in March followed by another in April...I will find out exactly when and I will get back to you...stay tuned....I'm going to Sibu in March, I would love to give the ATR a try....

Good to know you are excited about flying the ATR as well. Read somewhere on Malaysian Wings that the second plane will join MASwings in March followed by another in April...I will find out exactly when and I will get back to you...stay tuned....I'm going to Sibu in March, I would love to give the ATR a try....

Inform me again when your trip to Sibu on March is confirmed,Kenneth.Perhaps i could meet you for a while if i'm not busy in March.

Inform me again when your trip to Sibu on March is confirmed,Kenneth.Perhaps i could meet you for a while if i'm not busy in March.

Sure...why not...I will put up at RH Hotel....will inform you then ok?? Thanks!

I wonder why does it take so long for MH to get its second ATR? Unlike Firefly which has so many of them now. Anyone has any info about it?

Regarding MWA, she is being warded now in the hangar... Any info?

Too bad MWA gt main landing gear problem. Btw, is ATR fragile or sth? Cauz it feels like ATR nds to be cared or maintenance a lot.

MWA having problem with main landing gear.

So, all of the flights operated by her are to be changed to F50?

They mentioned that the ATR is more cost efficient to operated as compared to F50, but given that it is a very fragile aircraft, the costs for maintenance and repair still able to cover the efficiency?

Most european aircrafts are like that, same goes with airbus, good in operating but reliability is in questions. That's why it's cheap.

Woo-hoo,'Aramaiti & Selamat Datai' Whiskey Bravo!

Thanks for the photo,Rayner;looking forward to see her in action (and other MASWings ATRs too this year)

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

ATR deliveries for MASwings

A. 9MMWB – March 2009

B. 9MMWC – April 2009

C. 9MMWD – June 2009

D. 9MMWE – August 2009

E. 9MMWF – September 2009

F. 9MMWG – December 2009

A. 9MMWB – March 2009

B. 9MMWC – April 2009

C. 9MMWD – June 2009

D. 9MMWE – August 2009

F. 9MMWG – December 2009

:yahoo: will she pit stop at SZB before come BKI?

It has to come to szb for acceptance check, mandatory modification and inspection by DCA before flying back to bki.

It has to come to szb for acceptance check, mandatory modification and inspection by DCA before flying back to bki.

is that necessary for every fresh 9M registered aircraft go SZB for DCA inspection? thanks. :)

can we arrange to have a charter on the remaining F50's before they dissapear for good?

my 1st plane ride was when i was 2 weeks old on a Malaysian Airlines F27 :)

would really be awesome if we could have 1 last in-flight cockpit visit of these dutch beauties.

is that necessary for every fresh 9M registered aircraft go SZB for DCA inspection? thanks. :)

It is not necessary to do it in SZB. It can be done in KLIA or even BKI or KCH. But it is up to the airlines and also the DCA. The reason to bring the MASwings's ATR to SZB is because of the restriction of the Compass Swing Bay at East Malaysia. It can only cater for F50 and DHC6.

A. 9MMWB – March 2009

B. 9MMWC – April 2009

C. 9MMWD – June 2009

D. 9MMWE – August 2009

F. 9MMWG – December 2009

Good Days to you all...

If possible to Mr. Samsyuri or others who know any info on when exact date of newly arriving 9M-MWB at SZB,, please info to us here..

Thanks in advance.