MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
M. Sofian H.

Anybody will attend the ceremony the receiving first ATR for FireFly?

coverage pale ? no. . . we could be there IF we wanted to , but the view from the outside is better :)

An 'IF' sentence from the forum's Administrator? Hmmm...

Anyway, I received a newsletter from FireFly.

Dear Mohd Azizul Ramli,

Firefly creates another milestone for the third time. The first airline to be based in Penang airport. The first to operate from Subang (after the move to KLIA). And now the first in the history of Malaysia to fly with the latest generation of turboprop aircraft ATR72-500.

ATR 72-500 was received on 11 August and will be operating on 19 August by using this brand new aircraft. The unique features of ATR compliments Firefly business operations in terms of network coverage in the secondary routes that could not be viably served by the single-aisle jet aircraft. It consumes substantially less fuel and incurs lower operations and maintenance cost. In short, it is cost efficient. It is also very environmental friendly. These are essential and significant features for the market that Firefly serves.

Now you can fly Firefly to more destinations with our new ATR-72. Propelling affordable travel with our new aircraft.

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

Brilliant travel bargains

1. Visit us at MITM on 15-17 Aug at Hall 2, PWTC

2. Merdeka Sales on the way. Travel on board with Firefly on 31st August, stand a chance to win away free night stay worth RM2,800 from Firefly Holiday. Happy Merdeka!

3. Great deals from Firefly Holiday for September Promotion coming soon.

For more information, visit our website at www.fireflyz.com.my

Doesn't airpearl has some shots when the aircraft made a low past

infront of the hangar aaa?... I wanna see...

Otherwise we'll get Samsyuri (from the pale team) to show his...

What we usually want is a flypast , and its first landing on Malaysian Soil , a photo of the cabin , can be taken in the future , but that flypast over the runway , and that first landing , is something that you're not going to come across from standing inside Hangar 4 , shooting the aircraft which is backlit .

Btw , if he is shooting for media , oh my , those are some interesting photo's

Nice looking cabin and FY's orange colourscheme DOES look very nice on the 'large' tail :pardon:

Must say, I'm gonna like FY's uniform more-n-more...

Alan: you still have my FY-stuff, right ? :huh:

Looking at those seats...they are different from the seats in the "Elegence" Cabin. Somehow FY's seats looks better in terms of lumbar support...note that FY do not have the fold down cup holders too...go to airliners.net...the Kingfisher ATR has...and "dropdown" screen...doesnt seem like FY have it in their cabin...cant wait for MASwings...wonder how the cabin would differ....no pics of the cargo hold? Im interested in the forward cabin attendant seat, cargo area, galley and the WC!!!! Hahahaha!

..... that will make AirAsia start to use this plane to fly to Chennai as thier A320 dont have ETPOS..heheheh..if i dont mistaken..

I doubt if the ATR72 has ETOPS clearance either, assuming it's ETOPS you were referring to ?

Edited by BC Tam

.........For once, MalaysianWings coverage pale in comparison to his (the SZB thread in Observation Hill Subforum inclusive). Many thanks to Airpearl.

Pale? :finger: :finger: I wouldn't say that....I will thank to everyone here for their contributions.

Edited by Simon

Why no BOMBA spraying water on the ATR?

I've never been on an ATR before. How is the cabin size compared to Fokker50?

Aah no water canon spray around during that day..

Emm I have a question..If we realize at Airod Hanger near to the trunk road, we can see 3 fire trucks with red colour..it that use for Airod or for SZB, normally MAB fire truck with yellow colour..

Emm it is true that this baby ATR72 can make non-stop flight from Chennai base on what a.net member say??

If it true..it something really amazing non-stop flight performance..that will make AirAsia start to use this plane to fly to Chennai as thier A320 dont have ETPOS..heheheh..if i dont mistaken..

Yes, but remember that this was not a commercial flight...so you do the math.

Aah no water canon spray around during that day..

Emm I have a question..If we realize at Airod Hanger near to the trunk road, we can see 3 fire trucks with red colour..it that use for Airod or for SZB, normally MAB fire truck with yellow colour..

They are for UNIT UDARA BOMBA

coverage pale ? no. . .

we could be there if we wanted to , but the view from the outside is better :)

Doesn't airpearl has some shots when the aircraft made a low past

infront of the hangar aaa?... I wanna see...

Otherwise we'll get Samsyuri (from the pale team) to show his...

What we usually want is a flypast , and its first landing on Malaysian Soil , a photo of the cabin , can be taken in the future , but that flypast over the runway , and that first landing , is something that you're not going to come across from standing inside Hangar 4 , shooting the aircraft which is backlit .

Btw , if he is shooting for media , oh my , those are some interesting photo's

Pale? :finger: :finger: I wouldn't say that....I will thank to everyone here for their contributions.

Sorry for having an opinion. But as always, I am open to critism.

Sorry for having an opinion. But as always, I am open to critism.

MAR,

"Why so serious?"

I do agree with the comment that these seats should be used on the MAS B738s.

Good coverage ALL round!

2nd ATR arrive on 1st Sept 2008, anybody spotting?

Simon, any idea what is the arrival time ?

That day is a public holiday. :rolleyes:

Simon, any idea what is the arrival time ?

That day is a public holiday. :rolleyes:

i was told by Mr.Eddy the ETA is evening or possibly night time :(

Emm it is true that this baby ATR72 can make non-stop flight from Chennai base on what a.net member say??

If it true..it something really amazing non-stop flight performance..that will make AirAsia start to use this plane to fly to Chennai as thier A320 dont have ETPOS..heheheh..if i dont mistaken..

I believe you meant "ETOPS" - Extended Twin -engine Operations".Be advised that ETOPS is only for revenue flight either for Pax and or Cargo.Ferry flight does not fall into ETOPS rules.Ive made ferry flight for AXM from Sharjah to KUL (9M-AFD) non stop and direct.

i was told by Mr.Eddy the ETA is evening or possibly night time :(

Aiyoh! Have to spot her when she started operations then. :pardon:

2nd ATR arrive on 1st Sept 2008, anybody spotting?

Emm second ATR for FireFly??..I expect the second ATR for MASwings..Emm late evening or night not a good idea to me since it on Ramadah month (puasa)..huhuhu..

Thanks Simon for the info..

I believe you meant "ETOPS" - Extended Twin -engine Operations".Be advised that ETOPS is only for revenue flight either for Pax and or Cargo.Ferry flight does not fall into ETOPS rules.Ive made ferry flight for AXM from Sharjah to KUL (9M-AFD) non stop and direct.

Yes my mistake on spelling that day..But I doubt if this ATR turboprop plane able make such long non-stop journey from Chennai..Mr Azmir, it means that the AK A320 can make direct flight to India??

The FY ATR made 3 stops before coming to SZB, Maswings ATR will be arriving 2 or 3 days later after FYB but with different stops. Chennai to SZB is about 5-6 hours flight.

The FY ATR made 3 stops before coming to SZB, Maswings ATR will be arriving 2 or 3 days later after FYB but with different stops. Chennai to SZB is about 5-6 hours flight.

so mean MASWings will transit at SZB before head to KCH for the ceremony?

Sign in to follow this