MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
M. Sofian H.

Anybody will attend the ceremony the receiving first ATR for FireFly?

i just come back from subang last night. I ask the FY crew about this ceremony.

They told me, the official ceremony will be on 11 August 2008.

(See the advertisment on The Star Online).

Just i want to know who from MW will attend this ceremony?

Ashmil also have friend who work with FY. but he did not have pass to enter the ceremony.

Nevermind, if u as a student or public person, they told to me to write letter to MAHB to join this ceremony.

If anybody have 'cable' with MAHB it make easy.

Ashmil, try ask Uncle Norman (Sifuu kita) maybe he can help u...

FY ATR Advertisment click here

i just come back from subang last night. I ask the FY crew about this ceremony.

They told me, the official ceremony will be on 11 August 2008.

(See the advertisment on The Star Online).

Just i want to know who from MW will attend this ceremony?

Ashmil also have friend who work with FY. but he did not have pass to enter the ceremony.

Nevermind, if u as a student or public person, they told to me to write letter to MAHB to join this ceremony.

If anybody have 'cable' with MAHB it make easy.

Ashmil, try ask Uncle Norman (Sifuu kita) maybe he can help u...

FY ATR Advertisment click here

Moi?...Pourquoi moi ?... Je ne sais rien

I thought ATR coming on the 16th?... :blink: ...

The official ceremony will be on the 11th August 2008 with the arrival of Firefly's first ATR 72 regn 9M-FYA.. and it it will be held at Hangar 04, MAS Engineering Complex.. not at T3.. DPM will be there too..

The aircraft are scheduled to arrive at 1700LT.. So spotters, be ready...

Edited by Samsyuri

The official ceremony will be on the 11th August 2008 with the arrival of Firefly's first ATR 72 regn 9M-FYA.. and it it will be held at Hangar 04, MAS Engineering Complex.. not at T3.. DPM will be there too..

Do we have ETA, Sam?...

Sam, did you know will MasWings will have similar ceremony? if got, can let we know? :D thanks in advance. sorry for off-tracking this topic. i really hope they will hav similar ceremony at BKI. hopefully can attend. :(

Sam, did you know will MasWings will have similar ceremony? if got, can let we know? :D thanks in advance. sorry for off-tracking this topic. i really hope they will hav similar ceremony at BKI. hopefully can attend. :(

Not info yet.. Only on FY..

Hai Sofian..Sorry to make your hope turn down with this new coming Firefly ATR72-500 on this coming Monday :sorry: :sorry: ..I actually have attention to write a permission later as you suggest to me but since yesterday i need to complete all my task also some "home work" to do also i cant make any trip to MAB office at SZB on Friday evening..I appreciate you call me and tell me about the procedure..

May be I'll try my best to be at the SZB spotting port on Monday and see if I could plus with other MW spotters geng can get best some coverage from that area.. Uncle Norman most probably will not join us due to commitment with his work..he just PM me..thanks uncle..

Edited by Ashmil Abd Ghani

The aircraft are scheduled to arrive at 1700LT.. So spotters, be ready...

Wow thanks samsyuri.

Found something on the net...

Some Previews... :yahoo:

18939.jpg18725.jpg18636.jpg

And sad news for FY F50 <_<

Malaysia's Firefly soon to take delivery of first two ATR turboprops

By Leithen Francis

Malaysian turboprop operator Firefly, which is taking delivery next month of its first two ATR turboprops, has decided it will phase out its last Fokker 50 at the end of this year.

“Our fleet of three Fokker 50s will be phased out progressively with the arrival of the ATRs [and] the last Fokker 50 will be retired on 31 December,” Firefly managing director, Eddy Leong, says in an emailed response to a query from Flight's affiliate ATI.

He says Firefly’s parent, Malaysia Airlines (MAS), owns one of the Fokker 50s and MAS’ parent, Penerbangan Malaysia (PMB), owns the other two.

According to Flight’s ACAS database one of the PMB-owned aircraft was built in 1990 and the other in 1992.

Firefly is replacing the Fokker 50s with 10 ATR 72-500s on order.

Leong says the first is to be delivered in the second week of August, the second also in August, the third in September, the fourth in October and the fifth in December.

Another five will be delivered in 2009. The airline also has “six options in 2010 and four options in 2011”, he says.

Firefly operates from Kuala Lumpur’s Subang airport and from west Malaysia’s Penang island to a mix of international and domestic destinations.

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2008/...turboprops.html

:cray: :cray: :cray:

.............I thought the first FT ATR will arrive on the 16th...... Sorry for the wrong info then.

Won't be around for the FY 1st ATR, but hope to see MW 1st ATR somewhere in BKI or KCH later.

Time to make both in 1/400 scale!

Sign in to follow this