Icon Important Announcement!

New registrations require administration validation. This may delay registration approvals.

Photo

MAS New 15 A330-300X + 4 A330-200 Freighter

• Please log in to reply
1233 replies to this topic

#721 JuliusWong

JuliusWong
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:52 AM

I am not trying to argue or flame anyone yea? Much apologies in advance.

SQ's business model are heavily reliant on premium market, therefore, the Suite R class in A380s, better J class in both regional and international flights as well as soon-to-be unveiled upper deck all J class in A380s. The 'pride and prestige' exudes by SQ allows it to charge a premium price in which many people are willing to pay for it.

On the other hand, MH rely on Y class for most of its business. I am not saying that they are not making money from F class and J class, but the number of seats of both classes clearly tells us that they are gunning for more Y class pax only. F class is only available on MH B744 eight seats only. With 38 seats in the new A333 it can be seen that MH is going for "quantity, not quality". Do you get the flow? Kinda oxymoron.... :clapping: <_<

By charging below other airlines, MH hopes that they can make enough money from J class to recover the cost of operation. SQ's principle is opposite like what Johan has stated. They make money even if the J class is not fully packed. J class on most of my flight with SQ were packed to the brim, except maybe the SIN-KUL flight which many alternatives (i.e. LCCs) are available.

MH is shying away from old days. I think the business model will work well for MH. Rather than flying empty F or J class, they can make some money from Y class. It would be even better if they pursue J, Y+ and Y class only. The example from people willing to pay for Hot Seats on AK proves that some of us Malaysians and our international friends are willing to pay a bit more for some extra space and service. I think it would be a even better for its financial bottom line.

On the side note, I think its a trend now that most airlines are now having angled lie flat seats on their regional flights. GA's case is a bit different as their A333s fly some of their longest route. At least the angle is now at less than 10 degrees recline, almost flat bed. :)

Hopefully, when the A380s arrives, MH will have the same J seats but with fully lie flat seats. Hey, we now have PTVs on our A333 which should be in since like n number of years ago.... <_< <_<

Much apologies if I offended anyone. Please do point teach if I made a mistake. :rolleyes:

Edited by JuliusWong, 07 April 2011 - 09:58 AM.

#722 Alif A. F.

Alif A. F.
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:52 PM

" Seats are light weight and thinner providing a wider legroom."

I wonder if these seats are similar to the new LH regional seats which does not recline much.....hope not

The economy seats on 9M-MTA resembles more towards SQ A330, well, in terms of cushion design. The seat pitch seems to be wider too, judging from the photo that I saw.

SQ's A333 Y cabin:

Posted Image

Edited by Mohd Azizul Ramli, 07 April 2011 - 02:25 PM.

#723 Mohd Azizul Ramli

Mohd Azizul Ramli
  • Platinum Member
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:07 PM

Just a minor correction:

F class is only available on MH B744 eight seats only.

F on the B744 comes with 12 seats. F on the A380 will feature only 8 seats.

#724 Johan Z

Johan Z
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:14 PM

The economy seats on 9M-MTA resembles more towards SQ A330, well, in terms of cushion design. The seat pitch seems to be wider too, judging from the photo that I saw.

What is/are the colour/s of the seats?

#725 flee

flee
  • Platinum Member
  • 11,156 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:25 PM

The MH A333 is configured for its regional role. It is not easy for MH to balance the cost-benefit and although we all like better cabins, MH has decided not to position itself as a premium carrier as yet. Perhaps the A380 and the next wide body order will feature more upgrades.

#726 KK Lee

KK Lee
  • Platinum Member
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:32 PM

The MH A333 is configured for its regional role. It is not easy for MH to balance the cost-benefit and although we all like better cabins, MH has decided not to position itself as a premium carrier as yet. Perhaps the A380 and the next wide body order will feature more upgrades.

Thought MH A33E to serve Australia?

#727 Mushrif A

Mushrif A
  • Platinum Member
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:43 PM

I guess MH's definition of "regional" stretches to places like BNE, ICN, KIX, and BEY. (Not unlike SQ, btw)

If you recall, the current old 330s used to fly as far as Madrid once upon a time (with 2 stops).

#728 Mohd Azizul Ramli

Mohd Azizul Ramli
  • Platinum Member
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:50 PM

Malaysia puts new A330s on Brisbane run
Thursday, 07 April 2011

Malaysia Airlines will deploy its new A330-300 aircraft on the Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – Brisbane, Australia route five times a week from 20 April. Flights will depart Brisbane every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

The plane’s new interior will include mood lighting in all cabins and spacious overhead baggage compartments. The new aircraft has a total capacity of 283 seats - 36 in business and 247 in economy. All seats will be equipped with AC power supply and a USB port for laptops and electronic equipment.

Ignatius Ong, Malaysia Airlines’ regional senior vice president Australia, New Zealand and SW Pacific said: “Customer comfort is important to us as it delivers an enhanced experience. The sophisticated features and interiors of the new A330-300, with the new business class, offers comfortable, angled lie-flat seats, fold out privacy divider and six way adjustable headrest, among others, presenting the traveller with a mini office as well as a place to unwind."

The economy class cabin features lightweight and slim design seats with four way headrest. Each seat is equipped with individual audio video on-demand smart screens. The latest movies, TV programs, moving map and games will be available for both cabins.

The A330-300 is the first of 15 aircraft to be delivered to Malaysia Airlines over the next four years as part of its fleet renewal program.

#729 TJANDY

TJANDY
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:01 AM

Garuda A333 has 5 rows of C seats in the first cabin between door 1 and 2 which is basically similar to what SQ has for its A333 and 2 rows in the second cabin. It would be interesting to see whether MH will also adopt the 2 cabins concept for its C class. By the way, I have experienced both the GA and the SQ seats and I have to say that these newer generation angled lie flat seats are actually quite comfortable.

Edited by TJANDY, 08 April 2011 - 01:05 AM.

#730 Josh T

Josh T
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:57 AM

Garuda A333 has 5 rows of C seats in the first cabin between door 1 and 2 which is basically similar to what SQ has for its A333 and 2 rows in the second cabin. It would be interesting to see whether MH will also adopt the 2 cabins concept for its C class. By the way, I have experienced both the GA and the SQ seats and I have to say that these newer generation angled lie flat seats are actually quite comfortable.

From the seat maps, it looks like business class on the MH's new A330-300s will be spread over 2 cabins.
MH's current angled lie-flat seats on their B777-200s and B747-400s are actually quite comfortable. Hopefully, the new seats on these A330-300s will be even better.

#731 KK Lee

KK Lee
  • Platinum Member
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:10 AM

SQ's business model are heavily reliant on premium market, therefore, the Suite R class in A380s, better J class in both regional and international flights as well as soon-to-be unveiled upper deck all J class in A380s. The 'pride and prestige' exudes by SQ allows it to charge a premium price in which many people are willing to pay for it.

To most corporate travelers, schedule is top priority and those entitled to travel in J, normally have fat budget and not dictate by lowest cost. Hence, most will choose the airline offer the best service.

#732 jahur

jahur
  • Gold Member
  • 901 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:18 PM

Just saw the leaked photos of the interior cabin of MTA on facebook.
Business Class has flat beds though not the full 180degrees and are cushion based and coloured in dark blue from what i see. Economy is 2-4-2 seating in dark red in leather design. Also features Mood lighting in both economy and business. All seats fitted with personal touch Ptv and AC for laptops etc. Cant comment much on seat pitch as i cant judge it from the blurry photos. :drinks:

#733 BC Tam

BC Tam
  • Platinum Member
  • 7,303 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:26 PM

'Leather design' eh ? Oh wow ! :rolleyes:

#734 jahur

jahur
  • Gold Member
  • 901 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:33 PM

Not fully leather haha its mix cushion middle layer is cushion outer layer is leather or pvc dunno how to call it. More likely 32 inch seat pitch on economy. Colour and seat design on economy looks somehow identical to Qatar's A330 Economy seats

#735 BC Tam

BC Tam
  • Platinum Member
  • 7,303 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:40 PM

Not fully leather haha .....

So still got harapan - not totally musnah yet :P
(Pieter : harapan = hope, musnah = destroy :) )

#736 jahur

jahur
  • Gold Member
  • 901 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:53 PM

Bah i just let u guys see la. Got these from a private source :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Business seems standard well guys thats all i can show haha

Posted Image

Posted Image

i might have to take them off later.

#737 Johan Z

Johan Z
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:15 PM

Looks like the pitch is more than 32". Maybe close to 34. Is it TV screen in J a bit lower?
Jahur, thanks for the pics. I never have a gut to post pics like you did!

#738 jani

jani
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:22 PM

Those who had expected something revolutionary would be disappointed but realistically it really does look good.

However, looking at the J TV screen, because of the design of the interface.. It makes the screen look smaller.

Edited by jani, 08 April 2011 - 01:22 PM.

#739 Mohd Azizul Ramli

Mohd Azizul Ramli
  • Platinum Member
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:52 PM

Bah i just let u guys see la. Got these from a private source :P

i might have to take them off later.

That's what I am talking about. Welcome to the wonderful world of spying in MalaysianWings. I have a competition now LOL.

#740 Johan Z

Johan Z
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:53 PM

Will the J seats have another cover or that's it? Looks like a slab of thin mattress to me <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users