Icon Important Announcement!

New registrations require administration validation. This may delay registration approvals.
Reach out to us on our Facebook Page for faster approvals

Photo

MAB vs Josh Cahill

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 KK Lee

KK Lee
  • Platinum Member
  • 5,256 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:00 AM

Vindictive.

#22 Robert

Robert
  • Gold Member
  • 654 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:01 PM

Perhaps the airline needs to learn how to handle these things better. 

#23 Anthony Koo

Anthony Koo
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:13 PM

Speaking of service quality on MH - I recall reading in their inflight magazine around May or July 2018 that the 'service quality level has gone above and beyond', or something along the lines of that.

Sadly I have to beg to differ - on a MEL-KUL flight and return, service was extremely poor.  In fact at one stage when a crew member accidentally bumped the catering cart into the corner of the galley she dropped the 's' word - first time i have heard swearing by a cabin crew member during their duties.  The general attitude of the cabin crew members spelt one thing - it was that "dont care" attitude that really surprised me and is definitely not the same MH I flew on first in the mid 2000's.

On the KUL-LHR and return legs were much better - there was a massive difference in quality of service.  Which was surprising considering the really bad experiences on the MEL-KUL/return flights.  

Besides that - the revamped lounge at KUL Sattelite terminal is a much improvement - however i do not feel personally, that it is on par with other one-world lounges at a major hub.

#24 Mushrif A

Mushrif A
  • Platinum Member
  • 3,569 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:50 PM

Speaking of service quality on MH - I recall reading in their inflight magazine around May or July 2018 that the 'service quality level has gone above and beyond', or something along the lines of that.

Sadly I have to beg to differ - on a MEL-KUL flight and return, service was extremely poor.  In fact at one stage when a crew member accidentally bumped the catering cart into the corner of the galley she dropped the 's' word - first time i have heard swearing by a cabin crew member during their duties.  The general attitude of the cabin crew members spelt one thing - it was that "dont care" attitude that really surprised me and is definitely not the same MH I flew on first in the mid 2000's.

On the KUL-LHR and return legs were much better - there was a massive difference in quality of service.  Which was surprising considering the really bad experiences on the MEL-KUL/return flights.  

Besides that - the revamped lounge at KUL Sattelite terminal is a much improvement - however i do not feel personally, that it is on par with other one-world lounges at a major hub.

A lot of the younger and young-looking cabin crew on MH these days are greenhorns. Very rough around the edges. It seems that they were not trained as well or as much as the previous generations or simply lack the finesse and motivation. Some lacked patience, some unfortunately appeared to have left their brains at home and tend to look clueless.

MH had let go too many of the good and experienced ones.

If you want good service these days, go for the older ones.

#25 Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Mohd Suhaimi Fariz
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,701 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:16 PM

Somebody made a response video in light of Cahill's accusations

#26 Chris Tan

Chris Tan
  • Gold Member
  • 887 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:56 PM

But MH prices are not on par with other oneworld members :)

Sure, I love the Pier/QF First SYD/Al-Mourjan, but considering how affordable MH fares are (especially in J), I think the current offerings are decent enough.

#27 Mushrif A

Mushrif A
  • Platinum Member
  • 3,569 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 07:00 AM

Somebody made a response video in light of Cahill's accusations

Yup. Mere confirmation of my suspicion that Josh Cahill tends to exaggerate the truth and his feedback/ reviews should be taken with a tonne of salt

The tabloid-ish headlines of his videos are another giveaway

#28 Kenneth Chong WT

Kenneth Chong WT
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 09:45 AM

I used to follow him...I even agreed with him on how badly he was treated by the crew on MH the other day. Then on his recent video in which he was stranded in China...he directed his frustration at a MH 330 arriving at the gate...what did that have to do with his bad luck. I unfollowed him after that. Seems he tool a swipe at MH just because and nothing else. Tell tale signs of a diva...sorry end of rant. An oh...the refund donated to a charity thingy...oh puhlease...

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT, 14 February 2019 - 09:46 AM.

#29 David.W

David.W
  • Silver Member
  • 325 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 10:18 PM

Josh did have a positive review on the MH 737 though...

#30 Ja Singh

Ja Singh
  • Gold Member
  • 509 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 01:02 AM

Had a bad shock on MH service to Melbourne.saw a girl and her bag was in front of the exit.So the crew told her the bag cannot be kept there.Then she added "So what are you waiting for?Put it up in the locker
!In a loud tone in front of all of the passengers!
Josh is a waste of time.Just trying to get attention and generate web traffic at the exppense of MH

Edited by Ja Singh, 15 February 2019 - 01:03 AM.

#31 Chris Tan

Chris Tan
  • Gold Member
  • 887 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 08:48 AM

Had a bad shock on MH service to Melbourne.saw a girl and her bag was in front of the exit.So the crew told her the bag cannot be kept there.Then she added "So what are you waiting for?Put it up in the locker
!In a loud tone in front of all of the passengers!
Josh is a waste of time.Just trying to get attention and generate web traffic at the exppense of MH

Was the girl somehow related to Josh..?

#32 ampang

ampang
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:31 AM

So, Josh Cahill is the "Logan Paul" of airline review?

#33 David.W

David.W
  • Silver Member
  • 325 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 02:12 PM

Funny thing almost all other airline blogger had a decent to pleasant experience on MH go look up on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/moZak0hH8sk

https://youtu.be/S8nDOOaW4p8

https://youtu.be/iAoRZOrHtBA

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users