MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Isaac

Korean Air Is Sending B747-400 To Kota Kinabalu Again

Two jumbo loads would approximate 800 guests ?

Depends on which version of 744 they are sending to BKI. Most of their 744 are already fitted with the new generation First/Prestige Class seating. There are 4 different KE 744 in different configuration.

Version A : 333 seats (P-10, J-61, Y-262)

**Version B : 335 seats (P-12, J-61, Y-262)

Version C : 384 seats (P-16, J-58, Y-310)

Version D - a 74M : 284 (J-48, Y-236)

**Version B features new generation Prestige/Economy Class seating but with old First Class.

I wonder which resort hotel they are taking over completely this time round (last round I believe it was Nexus Karambunai)

Two years ago it was an insurance company too. But i don't remember what is its name. They also fully booked Pan Pacific Sutera last time. My friend was working there.

I was just standing at STAR beach shore. Looked up to the sky at aroung 1.40 to 1.55, nothing happened. Did she come?

Yes. Both did come. I was at Jalan Selangor (the old spotting site) when the second B747-400 arrived. The first KE 744 was still parked at the terminal building. The second KE 744 arrived approximately 10 minutes early.

Edited by Isaac

..... I was at Jalan Selangor (the old spotting site) .....

Eh, the silver Kancil ? I was at the old abandoned road leading to Sabah Air hangar :)

Any picture, guys?

The first Korean arrived just after I departed fot TWU, and depart just before I landed on the return flight. The 2nd one was on ground but can't take any meaningful picture as I was too close. And there was a Jeju in T2 as well.

Any picture, guys?

The first Korean arrived just after I departed fot TWU, and depart just before I landed on the return flight. The 2nd one was on ground but can't take any meaningful picture as I was too close. And there was a Jeju in T2 as well.

OT: Talking about Jeju air, I've seen it myself twice in BKI T2. And now adding Radzi's claim, it was in BKI at least 3 times. Anyone has any info about it? What they do here? Where they come from?

Eh, the silver Kancil ? I was at the old abandoned road leading to Sabah Air hangar :)

No. I am driving a black Proton Persona. I think i saw a Kancil too and i'm pretty sure the Kancil was there waiting for the KE 744 too. But not sure what color it was. Anyway, did you manage to get any picture ?

Any picture, guys?

Nope. Samuel was there briefly but didn't get any picture either. My stupid camera has no battery. BC may be ??

And there was a Jeju in T2 as well.

OT: Talking about Jeju air, I've seen it myself twice in BKI T2. And now adding Radzi's claim, it was in BKI at least 3 times. Anyone has any info about it? What they do here? Where they come from?

So the Jeju really did come today huh ? Samuel said he heard about it but there was no Jeju flight information on the departure screen. I was at MAS office around 1pm just now to get a duplicate itinerary receipt for my flight to KUL tomorrow with seat information. Just in case the smart-ass lady at the check-in counter accuse me of lying again.

Edited by Isaac

My problem yesterday was the total opposite of Captain Radzi's - too far away for any meaningful picture ! Well, with the camera I have anyway.

All the same, a couple here below. Apologies for image size in advance, otherwise i guess they end up even less relevant I guess, double fences and all !

DSC00697b.jpg

dsc00701b.jpg

I was trying to upload to youtube yesterday evening but my wife decided the pc had given up instead. So, now have to restart again - will post if/when successful

Whooaaa... BKI has been Koreanised!.. Double 744 and a Dash 8... Good traffics... BKI rawks!!!!! :good:

I think I should throw in the towel !

Either my streamyx connection is crawling OR youtube is slow OR my files are too big (115,555kB and 77,128kB) - it's taking so long to upload the page times out !! Can anyone help ? Perhaps a hint as to what I'm not doing right ? Thanks !

I think I should throw in the towel !

Either my streamyx connection is crawling OR youtube is slow OR my files are too big (115,555kB and 77,128kB) - it's taking so long to upload the page times out !! Can anyone help ? Perhaps a hint as to what I'm not doing right ? Thanks !

Well I think maybe it's that the files are too big, one 115mb and 77mb is huge. Maybe you can try to resize it?

ya, in my memory. :D

Sam, where do I stick in my USB cable? =@ :lol:

Date : 18/4/2008 (Friday)

Route : ICN-BKI

Airlines : Korean Air

Flight : KE3645

A/C : B747-400

STD : 0550

STA : 1000 (GMT+8, Kota Kinabalu)

Date : 18/4/2008 (Friday)

Route : ICN-BKI

Airlines : Korean Air

Flight : KE9645

A/C : B747-400

STD : 0720

STA : 1130 (GMT+8, Kota Kinabalu)

IIRC MH80 (B772) from KUL enroute to NRT will arrive around the same time.

With 3 heavies together, not to mention MI, KA & BI also around the same time.

THAT WILL TRULY BE AN AWESOME SIGHT THIS FRIDAY! :clapping:

IIRC MH80 (B772) from KUL enroute to NRT will arrive around the same time.

With 3 heavies together, not to mention MI, KA & BI also around the same time.

THAT WILL TRULY BE AN AWESOME SIGHT THIS FRIDAY! :clapping:

MI and BI should be departed. yeah, KA, MH and KE. :yahoo: later Isaac will onboard the MH80 back KK, which is his last flight with MH in near future. :cray:

Hey...i saw the korean big bird departing....i am surprised to see it passed by Likas complex, as airplane normally depart thru api-api and centre point top. ..... i was in the car, driving to pick up my kids. i grabbed my handphone camera and took a quick shot. still too late...coz i am in the middle of the road. very dangerous...

can u guys spot it? hahahhahah...

zoomb747korean.jpg

IMG00082.jpg

Edited by alvchong

aiyoo so small... but ok. still can make out the color... good effort, still... :good:

It was a very very busy morning at BKI. Bear in mind though of what constitutes a norm here ! :)

Anyone amongst here in the silver land cruiser at Jln Selangor this morning ?